Phuket COVID restrictions extended, foreigners breaking order face expulsion

webfact

53 minutes ago, smedly said:

I will amend my posting slightly 

The masks being worn in general in Thailand offer little to no protection 

Only high quality masks of the surgical type worn by professionals offer a level of protection 

how many people are wearing those ?

Thanks for the amendment, still not true though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunMorris said:

You really shouldn't be waiiing anyone. It's embarrassing.

maybe your bar thai teachers didn't exactly teach you correctly.....

perhaps all that beer you drank went to your head...

maybe your wife beater shirt isn't helping your cultural awareness..

BUT when governors have a dinner IN YOUR HONOR (mine, not yours) and gifts in the MILLIONS are handed out.... you wai.

KHUN KHUN......nobody I know who speaks Thai writes like that.

hahahahhahahhhahahahhahahh

36 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

if you are  fully vaccinated .... and you come to Phuket.. ????

So why would you not be required to wear a mask? Please don't come up with imaginations.

The revised order comes after two foreigners were fined for B6,000 each for holding an illegal gathering at a home in Cherng Talay last Sunday (May 9) that was deemed by local officials and police to be a party.

If I lived there I'd be out with video and camera equipment filming every instance where Thais are doing the exact same thing that break the 'regulations' and post it on the governor's social media pages.  I guarantee it happens, but is down-played and not reported on, and otherwise swept under the rug.  Just place foreigners on the chopping block and complain about how horrid foreigner are.
I just recommend to my friends and family to simply not come here - period.  If I wasn't married to a older woman who wants to live here life out in her home country - I would not be here either.  Without this marriage, I would not willingly subject myself to this xenophobic clap-trap no less financially support it. 
Karma.  It's coming Phuket, Pattaya, Thailand.  You've treated foreigners like the dirt on the soles of your shoes for many years now.  It just caught up to you.
Enjoy your just rewards as you drive a stake further into the heart of your pathetic excuse of a tourism industry where you believe that foreigners come to worship at the feet of all Thais.  Not anymore.  So keep hammering away.  You'll suck the remaining life out of your squalid tourism sector then blame foreigners for the crash.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Very well said.  Why do so many Thais in positions of authority discriminate against foreigners.  I drove along the main road of Samui Yesterday, with a mask on and saw no end of Thai People either walking or riding motor bikes with two on it, without face masks and not a policeman in sight!

Of course the police are all hiding from COVID, if they deal with people that are not wearing masks they might get infected.

4 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

You're from the west. You really shouldn't be waiiing anyone. It's embarrassing.

After 20 years here you really should know that. Bet you wai the cashier in 7/11???

Please don't give us integrated farang a bad name by waiing soi dogs and ATMs.

Sincerely

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner, Speaks Thai 

Morris

There is no Farangland.....or did you actually come from there and can point it out on a map? 

If you assimilated or became culturally literate: Kudos and Accolades. 

12 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Xenophobia raising it's head once again, I agree Richard with your comment regarding visitors, but why don't they comment sensibly like "Anyone failing to observe the restrictions in place regarding gatherings will face serious consequences" instead of always blaming the foreigners ......!!!! 

yeah put thais in prison as one cant expell them

5 hours ago, connda said:

If I lived there I'd be out with video and camera equipment filming every instance where Thais are doing the exact same thing that break the 'regulations' and post it on the governor's social media pages.  I guarantee it happens, but is down-played and not reported on, and otherwise swept under the rug.  Just place foreigners on the chopping block and complain about how horrid foreigner are.
I just recommend to my friends and family to simply not come here - period.  If I wasn't married to a older woman who wants to live here life out in her home country - I would not be here either.  Without this marriage, I would not willingly subject myself to this xenophobic clap-trap no less financially support it. 
Karma.  It's coming Phuket, Pattaya, Thailand.  You've treated foreigners like the dirt on the soles of your shoes for many years now.  It just caught up to you.
Enjoy your just rewards as you drive a stake further into the heart of your pathetic excuse of a tourism industry where you believe that foreigners come to worship at the feet of all Thais.  Not anymore.  So keep hammering away.  You'll suck the remaining life out of your squalid tourism sector then blame foreigners for the crash.

Then they would try and find some way to sue you for defamation 

6 hours ago, connda said:

Point at every misstep taken by a foreigner, brand them all with the same brand (dirty, disrespectful, rule-breakers), then ignore or down-play the same "rule-breaking" in the Thai community. 

It's part of the culture they find it impossible to take any responsibility for their own actions they can never look in the mirror. They always have to find someone else to blame and since they can't blame China they blame us.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Kinda true.  Saw some guys walking around with gator masks.  They do almost nothing.  May as well not wear a mask.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/11/11/which-masks-work-best-coronavirus-cdc-guidance-todd-tsr-pkg-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

No mask is 100% effective. Any mask is better than no mask. The point of the mask is to protect the OTHER person. I'll give some numbers as an example (not exact but you'll get the general idea). When you talk, you spray droplets which can spread the virus. If you talk loud, you spray even more. I cannot tell you how many times (pre pandemic), I am in a bar and talking to a person. It is like they are spitting in my face! Anyways, when you wear a mask, you reduce your droplets and spread by 90%. However, the protection to you is only like 60%. That is why everyone around you need to wear masks too.. If everyone, reduces their transmutability by 90%, then it effectively reduces your chance of getting it by more than 90%. You only have a 60% chance of getting that 10%.

The same concept applies to vaccines. It is not 100% effective. However, it will prevent severe sickness, hospitalization, and death AND reduce transmission significantly. Exactly how much is still being studied, but low viral load means less virus to transmit even if you get sick. Preventing death is great, but the important part is reducing transmission. No transmission means no one else will get sick... especially the unvaccinated. That is why everyone need to get your vaccine! Any approved vaccine will do this... even the China ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the restrictions and then this;

" ...weddings, ordinates and funerals allowed...!!!!? "  ....

What's the point of all the rest, those are enough to spread the virus to no end....! ????☹️

And that bit about if it can't be postponed is a joke, like how do you postpone a funeral !  ....????

I know a friend got married in UK last month, only allowed 6 people in total...! 4 friends plus a photographer and a caterer...., now that's called real restriction...! ????

27 minutes ago, Agusts said:

What's the point of all the rest, those are enough to spread the virus to no end....! ????☹️

And that bit about if it can't be postponed is a joke, like how do you postpone a funeral !  ....????

I know a friend got married in UK last month, only allowed 6 people in total...! 4 friends plus a photographer and a caterer...., now that's called real restriction...! ????

That body would start smelling bad after a while in this heat 

23 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This the same place that will be supposedly accepting unvaccinated foreigners in 2 months ? 

Think anyone booking this 'free roam vaccinated holiday' now is like someone putting money on zero on the roulette wheel

Reuters this morning article saying 3000 prisoners have Covid-19 in Bangkok Jail including an arrested protester who allegedly insulted royalty. 

If prisoners are full now from Covid-19 then will this follow onto Police and Army, does not look good for the opening of anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Why don't they just ring Jacinda up, I'm sure she could give them some proper lockdown advice, instead of making it up as they go. 

20 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Agree any foreigners in Thailand must follow all the rules.  Unfortunately Thailand or most other countries are going to have to live with Covid for many years to come but it can  be controlled with vaccines and personal safety measures. Hopefully on this basis Thailand maybe able to open for tourism early next year.

They can open everything tomorrow. Look at Florida. Haven't heard anything from there? Maybe they all have died already there so no news in mainstream media. Nothing worse than anywhere else happen, only happy people without masks and all other bs. Ahh, but it's so easy to defraud people but it's a lot more hard to convince them that they have been cheated..... 

21 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Go back home then, you live here abide by the rules ( which may well be silly or stupid ) and stop bloody moaning 

They weren't; they were being ever so slightly flippant which was comical and on point. This kind of levity is easily missed by fuddy duddy types and plain old bores. And please drop the tired old, dun-to-death 'go home... ' nugget... THE single most cringe-worthy "I've just arrived" line on ThaiVisa.

4 hours ago, Terek said:

They can open everything tomorrow. Look at Florida. Haven't heard anything from there? Maybe they all have died already there so no news in mainstream media. Nothing worse than anywhere else happen, only happy people without masks and all other bs. Ahh, but it's so easy to defraud people but it's a lot more hard to convince them that they have been cheated..... 

Florida dropped its restrictions and now has the most new infections in the US.

02C48B8C-F51D-4D06-8864-390F09E37326.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 5:48 AM, Geoffggi said:

Xenophobia raising it's head once again, I agree Richard with your comment regarding visitors, but why don't they comment sensibly like "Anyone failing to observe the restrictions in place regarding gatherings will face serious consequences" instead of always blaming the foreigners ......!!!! 

Because they are all uneducated, unevolved ????????

I like to know how many expat farang who really live in Phuket all the time (not those visiting and bring it in) actually contracted Covid last couple of month, and if they overwhelmed the Phuket health system and hospitals....!?

Because orders like we see from authorities with threats of deportation against foreigners and you thought no Thai is infected here and it's all our faults....! ????

They used to give details of infected and their whereabouts, useful info, but I guess that doesn't go down well with these other announcement nowadays and too much work really..... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Florida dropped its restrictions and now has the most new infections in the US.

02C48B8C-F51D-4D06-8864-390F09E37326.jpeg

that's how virus acts, everyone gets infected, basic virology .... but people dying like flies?  as I told , hardest part is to convince people that they have been scammed ........