Thai Corrections Dept. confident it can control Covid-19 spread as 2,835 prisoners infected

webfact

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I have done a couple of visits to prison as a visitor in Thailand, they were behind glass panels with iron bars across and that wasn't high security

To the best of my knowledge prison visits haven't happened for months.

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

OK I should have said a few years ago, better now?

I am not having a go at you. I am just saying that I believe that for a number of months there have only been online visits due to covid. 

Thai Corrections Dept. confident it can control Covid-19 spread.

Yeah right! They have done such a great job that 55% of Bangkok Remand Prison inmates are already infected according to their own numbers. I wonder what the real numbers are nationwide.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Thai Corrections Dept. confident it can control Covid-19 spread.

Yeah right! They have done such a great job that 55% of Bangkok Remand Prison inmates are already infected according to their own numbers. I wonder what the real numbers are nationwide.

If you read it a different way they say they are controlling the spread that to me sounds like they are spreading the virus, because they sure as ..it are not stopping the spread just controlling it like they said.That means wait for herd immunity within the prison system and taking out the more severe cases.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If you read it a different way they say they are controlling the spread that to me sounds like they are spreading the virus, because they sure as ..it are not stopping the spread just controlling it like they said.That means wait for herd immunity within the prison system and taking out the more severe cases.

Take into account the large number of prisoners with TB or weakened from past bouts with it, and the potential for a high number of deaths exists,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I would not be surprised if we actually had 10,000 new cases per day and hundreds of thousands of active cases

Sounds like there's lots of clusters with 20% to 60% infection rates when they do test so yeah not hard to imagine that many.

• Thanks 1