Private Hospitals & Vaccine name

14 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it would be probably only moderna. Quantity and date was never mentioned, but price 3k baht. Sometimes ago hospitals were hoping to get it in august. Once approved by the fda, expected sometimes in May, the government will try to order, might be long waiting.

but yesterday they have revealed that pfizer will be taxed by the GPO, so it well might also be sold by them to private or the government will charge for administering it (those, who don't want AZ, sinovac). Suppose to be 10-15 mln, but figures 5mln and 20mln also often mentioned. Also date unknown and not approved yet. So same story as moderna 

My friends doc said he'd be lucky to get Moderna by the 3rd quarter.  4th quarter is more likely.  This is from a big private hospital.  We're stuck with Sinovac and AZ for quite a few more months.

D4DE8E0D-C015-4151-89A7-4480B82A79A0-768x1278.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Moderna stated it had contracts for more than 641.5 million doses to be made in 2021. It's largest contract is with USA -300 million doses. This contract must be satisfied by June 30 and has priority. This is one of the reasons why Moderna was unable to deliver the expected numbers of vaccines to its other clients.

I read that it has back order of, 300 million+ doses. It uses contract manufacturers who are already working at full capacity. Moderna had previously  said it was at full capacity output andcould put out at least 500 million doses in 2021. If the contractors can make expansion, the hope is for 1 billion dose by Q1 2022.  

Taking into consideration the back order and the already signed purchase contracts, why would anyone expect Thailand to jump in front of everyone else? Where is Thailand going to get Moderna vaccine  before August, or even December?  Who cares if private hospital can sell vaccine if there is no vaccine to sell?

There is a growing consensus in North America and EU to send surplus Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine to India asap.  I can't see Thailand getting anything, except maybe the Oxford production from South Korea that would come from cancelled orders.   Pfizer vaccine production is already purchased for 2021.  There are priority contracts that are not yet satisfied with EU, Canada and USA. Canada paid more than other countries to get vaccine. I cannot see Pfizer canceling that order to send to Thailand who I believe are expecting Pfizer to "bid" for Thai supply contract.

I think that if people want Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in the next 4-6 months at least, they will need to look outside of Thailand.  If people are worried, go to home country to get  vaccine.

We just decided to do this.  We're tired of lock downs and no clarity as to when we can get either Pfizer or Moderna.  Sucks, but that's reality.

21 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

We just decided to do this.  We're tired of lock downs and no clarity as to when we can get either Pfizer or Moderna.  Sucks, but that's reality.

I am also tired of lockdown, though it is mostly self imposed Quarantine.. and not that bad.. it was only 2 months last year... I feel bad for people in other places where this has gone on for more than a year... one friend described a sort of ptsd of going out again for the first time in over a year... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

I think that if people want Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in the next 4-6 months at least, they will need to look outside of Thailand.  If people are worried, go to home country to get  vaccine.

Some sense at last... Thailand can only offer AZ or Sinovac this year.

Thais are front of the queue, expats will get s*d-all this year from the government.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Some sense at last... Thailand can only offer AZ or Sinovac this year.

Thais are front of the queue, expats will get s*d-all this year from the government.

Well myself and a few expat friends registered at our local hospital here in the North of Chiang Mai Province earlier this week and have been given appointments to receive the Astrazenca vaccine in early June.

My wife isn’t eligible yet as too young.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Moderna stated it had contracts for more than 641.5 million doses to be made in 2021. It's largest contract is with USA -300 million doses. This contract must be satisfied by June 30 and has priority. This is one of the reasons why Moderna was unable to deliver the expected numbers of vaccines to its other clients.

I read that it has back order of, 300 million+ doses. It uses contract manufacturers who are already working at full capacity. Moderna had previously  said it was at full capacity output andcould put out at least 500 million doses in 2021. If the contractors can make expansion, the hope is for 1 billion dose by Q1 2022.  

Taking into consideration the back order and the already signed purchase contracts, why would anyone expect Thailand to jump in front of everyone else? Where is Thailand going to get Moderna vaccine  before August, or even December?  Who cares if private hospital can sell vaccine if there is no vaccine to sell?

There is a growing consensus in North America and EU to send surplus Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine to India asap.  I can't see Thailand getting anything, except maybe the Oxford production from South Korea that would come from cancelled orders.   Pfizer vaccine production is already purchased for 2021.  There are priority contracts that are not yet satisfied with EU, Canada and USA. Canada paid more than other countries to get vaccine. I cannot see Pfizer canceling that order to send to Thailand who I believe are expecting Pfizer to "bid" for Thai supply contract.

AstraZeneca is being produced in Thailand and is expected to be available in early June many hospitals are are already gearing up fo administer it, see my post below.

Just now, StevieAus said:

AstraZeneca is being produced in Thailand and is expected to be available in early June many hospitals are are already gearing up fo administer it, see my post below.

They just announced they're behind.  Might be able to deliver 2MM jabs, but not 6MM as promised.  Sucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

New article out in the post today.  Saying expats can't get jabs until August, Thais first.

Google this:

Foreigners face longer wait for jab

But lots of Thais don't want it so we can have theirs ????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Well myself and a few expat friends registered at our local hospital here in the North of Chiang Mai Province earlier this week and have been given appointments to receive the Astrazenca vaccine in early June.

My wife isn’t eligible yet as too young.

Best of luck, my local government hospital said they wouldn't register any foreigners yet.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Best of luck, my local government hospital said they wouldn't register any foreigners yet.

Get a tax card, easy to do and use the number on that to register on Mor Prom, whether they give it to us on the appt date remains to be seen though. Got my appt yesterday at private hospital from it using tax number

On 5/13/2021 at 6:58 AM, internationalism said:

it would be probably only moderna. Quantity and date was never mentioned, but price 3k baht. Sometimes ago hospitals were hoping to get it in august. Once approved by the fda, expected sometimes in May, the government will try to order, might be long waiting.

but yesterday they have revealed that pfizer will be taxed by the GPO, so it well might also be sold by them to private or the government will charge for administering it (those, who don't want AZ, sinovac). Suppose to be 10-15 mln, but figures 5mln and 20mln also often mentioned. Also date unknown and not approved yet. So same story as moderna 

How can it be Moderna as they just got approval, some folks have really been posting false info about moderna. 

On 5/13/2021 at 7:14 AM, Jeffr2 said:

My friends doc said he'd be lucky to get Moderna by the 3rd quarter.  4th quarter is more likely.  This is from a big private hospital.  We're stuck with Sinovac and AZ for quite a few more months.

D4DE8E0D-C015-4151-89A7-4480B82A79A0-768x1278.png

The chart was only valid at the date was published, worthless the day after. Just like other everyday things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

New article out in the post today.  Saying expats can't get jabs until August, Thais first.

Google this:

Foreigners face longer wait for jab

It’s the Bangkok City Hall quoted in that article which has nothing to do with where we live.

Its full of contradictions if you read it fully.

I not too worried and am already registered with our private hospital in Chiang Mai.

The reason they registered us locally was because we are classed as elderly.

Will get it one day.

• Like 1

I emailed Bangkok Christian Hospital, Bangkok yesterday asking if they had established a waiting list and if they had any plans to offer the Moderna Vaccine.

I received the following reply this morning:

"

For the foreign residents in Thailand, we’re waiting for the government confirmation and announcement from the Ministry of Public Health about the policy, sigh - up process and timeline for COVID-19 vaccination in private hospital.

Sorry that we don't have Moderna."
Edited by dddave

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

How long is a piece of string

People can speculate on when Private hospitals will receive the vaccines and what type

I will wait until I get a response from my hospital then take it from there

But don't sit by the phone...

Might be worth noting that regarding the effort to use local production for AZ vaccine, it is actually very challenging to have a successful launch from any new production facility. This is a major inhibitor to sharing patents: its not so much to monopolize profits but to evade responsibility if the new production facility cannot manufacture the vaccine safely. AZ from Siam Bio may not be equivalent to that from the UK, at least not until preliminary trials are done. It might be wise to assume current projections will not pan out in reality and make preparations for alternative remedies/protection strategies if we find the rollout faces likely hurdles/delays, particularly for high-risk folks.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 1:18 AM, DavidSSaville said:

I would request people in the know list which private hospitals are offering which name brand vaccine.

Based on follow the news articles, the list is easy:

None

However, Moderne has just been approved for emergency use, and is the only vaccine so far in question for private hospitals to be allowed to use...????

12 minutes ago, khunPer said:

However, Moderne has just been approved for emergency use, and is the only vaccine so far in question for private hospitals to be allowed to use...????

Yah but Thailand hasn't actually ordered any moderna vaccine yet.  And moderna has so many orders already that in recent deals with other countries, moderna won't deliver the vaccine until 2022. 

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Get a tax card, easy to do and use the number on that to register on Mor Prom, whether they give it to us on the appt date remains to be seen though. Got my appt yesterday at private hospital from it using tax number

As I said I went to register at the local government hospital, they said they are not vaccinating foreigners, Thais only over the age of 60.

You may be lucky, if so good for you.