Pattaya police continue to crack down on “social” gatherings, mask-wearing, and public drinking

webfact

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have a little sympathy with the guy who has a small condo, and sitting in there alone, looking at the walls, sipping on a beer is pretty depressing. 

But yes, another complete alcohol sale ban is also unattractive. 

I get that but get yourself sorted a bit better, many others are doing it, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Come on guys reel your neck in, It is possible they could bring in again a complete alcohol ban like last time, drink sensibly take it home

Good ole brown bag does the job again

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deli said:

As long as they make sense, maybe.

To whom? Some seem to have no problem with the restrictions, others deride them. We don't get to cherry pick.

(Just wish they were clear).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, pattjock said:

Maybe if they made the current rules public it would be easier to follow them. I have looked everywhere for first hand information but have not found much and pretty much nothing in English.

How can you penalize people if you don't make the exact regulations public?

This sounds fair to me. Unfortunately, the judgment will be that, "ignorance of the law is no defence"

7 hours ago, webfact said:

-5000 baht for walking on Soi Buakhao with a beer from 7-11 alone

There was a time when we might have blamed Russian tourists for bringing us into disrepute, but we don't have that option any more, lol.

Really though, people do not seem to be acting in their own best interests. The neighbours renting the house opposite me are part-owners of a Pattaya Gogo bar. obviously, they want the restrictions lifted ASAP so they can get back to earning a living, yet almost every day they have friends around for a few beers. The authorities in Chonburi have stated that most cases are now related to small social gatherings of just 2 or 3 people, so my neighbours really are acting against their own interests in hosting these small gatherings. The sooner new cases are down in single figures, the sooner we're likely to see restrictions lifted again, so for goodness sake don;t do anything that might make matters worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1