Pattaya police continue to crack down on “social” gatherings, mask-wearing, and public drinking

webfact

5 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I think you might find that it is the result of a pandemic that is killing millions of people and now worse than ever in Thailand with the UK variant.

This OP also destroys the often repeated myth from many members that " the police only get money from farangs and not the Thais".

There is a serious pandemic occuring currently, please follow the guidelines and stop complaining.

@RobMuir yes mum

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Amdesign said:

Most of these 'fines' are illegal, even from Thia law. In developed countries the people will just refuse to pay 'fines' on site and ask police officers to file the cases to court...

That’s what you can do here as well, if the record on paying fines for motoring offenses is anything to go by they will be lucky to collect on these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

To whom? Some seem to have no problem with the restrictions, others deride them. We don't get to cherry pick.

(Just wish they were clear).

publish the restrictions here then we will understand them

after doing so go back and read the OP and explain how they were applied

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

The neighbours renting the house opposite me are part-owners of a Pattaya Gogo bar. obviously, they want the restrictions lifted ASAP so they can get back to earning a living, yet almost every day they have friends around for a few beers

Well, pimps usually only care about themselves, are not known for empathy, so that news isn't surprising.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I guess they are in here somewhere...

http://www.chonburi.go.th/website/app_form/cate8

well you didn't extract the relevant parts that relate to the OP - understandable 

I don't know what country you are from but I am pretty sure they don't go out on patrol and make up rules that don't exist and try to fine people, I think it is safe to say you (and most other people) would not accept that if they did 

some on here will say - TIT, isn't that exactly what we are discussing on TVF day in and day out, just because it is Thailand doesn't make it right

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

150,000 just in the UK where the massive concentration of infections allowed the UK strain to develop.

Which is now killing hundreds of thousands more and causing over 90% of infections here in Thailand.

where the disease is left unchecked for a time period (ie India, Brazil, S.A., U.K. ) the consequences have proven devastating. The rest of world always pays for the actions of a few, though some countries had the disadvantages of economic weakness and education..   

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I think you might find that it is the result of a pandemic that is killing millions of people and now worse than ever in Thailand with the UK variant.

This OP also destroys the often repeated myth from many members that " the police only get money from farangs and not the Thais".

There is a serious pandemic occuring currently, please follow the guidelines and stop complaining.

You don't have basement in your home, do you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rolander said:

The China virus is ineffective against healthy people.

There is no asymptomatic transfer of the virus as well.

The old and unhealthy can take precautions , the rest of us must be free to live our lives.

Unfortunately Rob ,as in your case there's no cure for stupidity.

unfortunately ignorance is our own worst enemy, and sentiments like the above, streamed over the internet daily only add to the death toll..

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

some on here will say - TIT, isn't that exactly what we are discussing on TVF day in and day out, just because it is Thailand doesn't make it right

Maybe because it is Thailand I don't always expect it to be right, nor in accordance with my desires or beliefs. 

Just now, smedly said:

viruses mutate - I assume you realise that 

The UK and other developed countries are helping identify those mutations across the world and are also figuring out how to combat the mutations in an ever changing pandemic in order to stay on top and defeat this thing. 

yes, the UK led the world in the genetic identification of strains - driven by the impetus of unnecessary rampant disease rates on an island that didn't know enough to close it's own doors..

No they arent cracking down.  The whole world can view and watch on Youtube as many ladies sit in front of a camera and ask for drink donations  for their group.  All the while bars beside theirs, across from theirs and on the same soi as theirs,  continues to test positive for COVID. 19.  So clearly the world can see betwenn the lines that its not really that important to stop social gatherings as the media attempts to fluff.  The writer of this post themselves use to be if not still affiliated with the NW group. This reply will possible get deleted or not posted, but the real social gatherings  and spreaders of Covid are seen daily on YouTube  for the world to see, that in Thailand some people can violate and continue to spread covid in front of the camera.

Edited by AquaThai
Spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

As far as the "offences" are concerned, they all seem to be in breach of the regulations with perhaps the exception of two people on a balcony.   

As to the level of fines imposed, that is another matter.

Just don't break the rules to start with and there will be no fine.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That is not what it says, I suspect the beer was opened. Although I do not know what rule that breaks. Is there a ban on alcohol consumption in public?

Some of the infractions and fines are justified by new, current rules, but too many sound like a campaign against drinking  alcohol in all forms. The authorities need to be reined in here. 

This what happens living in Thailand under a DICTATORSHIP. 

If you don't like it leave as I did 18 months ago.

• Like 1