Pattaya police continue to crack down on “social” gatherings, mask-wearing, and public drinking

webfact

7 hours ago, Amdesign said:

Quote it, if such law exists.

The only law is emergency decree. And speaks only about actions that create threats of infection. Other than that is just interpretations.

PS Yes of course they can place any foreigner in monkey house, but then the Embassy will get involved, with all power of media. I am sure they don't want such PR in internatioanl media, especially when they are trying to buy vaccines abroad.

Quote? Why? You can go out and celebrate and if they lock you up and you have to wait for the court, I'll wait, what the Int. Media write about you and the "bad" Thai police.

I'm sure your embassy will do whatever it takes to get you out of the monkeyhouse, if they find time for a farang who doesn't accept the law. I'm sure they send you 3-4 of the best lawyers. ????????????

3 hours ago, snowgard said:

Quote? Why? You can go out and celebrate and if they lock you up and you have to wait for the court, I'll wait, what the Int. Media write about you and the "bad" Thai police.

I'm sure your embassy will do whatever it takes to get you out of the monkeyhouse, if they find time for a farang who doesn't accept the law. I'm sure they send you 3-4 of the best lawyers. ????????????

Western embassies don't give a phat patooty about their constituents unless it's something really serious.  For a fine, and lockup of non-payment of that fine, they might send you the phone numbers of some lawyers.  As in: you call them, you pay them.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 7:25 AM, jacko45k said:

That is not what it says, I suspect the beer was opened. Although I do not know what rule that breaks. Is there a ban on alcohol consumption in public?

Some of the infractions and fines are justified by new, current rules, but too many sound like a campaign against drinking  alcohol in all forms. The authorities need to be reined in here. 

No chance of any reining in as far as the BiB lust for money is concerned.

7 hours ago, snowgard said:

I'm sure your embassy will do whatever it takes to get you out of the monkeyhouse, if they find time for a farang who doesn't accept the law.

Well, it is useful to have direct phone number of your consul. I do have ????

On 5/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, jacko45k said:

Sure hasn't stopped them putting about 14,000 foreigners in their jails!

For not wearing a mask/drinking in public/etc etc.

Really, 14,000 people..... I seriously doubt it.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:27 AM, snowgard said:

Which law ?

Can you link the publishing of them in the Royal Gazette please.

Here is the law!!! 
https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor/c74d97b01eae257e44aa9d5bade97baf/files/001_2gcd.pdf

But for everyone who still think there is NO LAW, why you not walk without a mask and a beer in the hand on the beach road?

If there isn't a law nothing will happen to you. ????

I will be happy to see the outcome!!!

Edited by snowgard

On 5/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, Amdesign said:

If this happens to me, I would immidiately say 'I took off the mask to call ambulance!' Then take the hospital card and start dialling...

Why would you take it off to make a call ? I can speak quite clearly wearing a mask & I understand perfectly anyone speaking with a mask on.

Everyone say high to this weeks rule avoider & Muppet.

Why do you find it so difficult to do as requested ?

• Like 1