Importation of used Car Part via sea freight

Hi 

I was wanting to know if anyone has had experience in importing used car parts, at present i have a Holden Calais here in Thailand and want to import some suspension parts and a body kit from Australia, most of the parts are used and a couple of new parts, the package size is quite large due to the size of the body kit, i have had quotes ranging from $255 to $5000 for the freight cost, i will send them via sea freight, So my question is has anyone had experience with the customs and pick up procedure of sea freight deliveries, as this will be my first time using sea freight. normally i get items regular postage, but for these items they are too big for regular postage 

Any kind of help or advise would be great 

23 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Where are you ?

If in BKK check the many many spare parts importers who sell clips from Japan.

They will know agencies who do this, and can give you a price.

Maybe piggy back your shipment with theirs

thanks for the reply, i am in Khon Kaen but the items i want to send are in Australia, so getting a piggy back from a Japanese import would not be an option, my real question was does anyone know the procedure of receiving items via sea freight. 

On 5/14/2021 at 7:17 AM, grubman said:

thanks for the reply, i am in Khon Kaen but the items i want to send are in Australia, so getting a piggy back from a Japanese import would not be an option, my real question was does anyone know the procedure of receiving items via sea freight. 

Many freight forwarders in Thailand who will do customs clearance and delivery from port to your door. We have used All-ways Logistics for many years and happy with the service. Ask your supplier in Australia for the HS Code for the parts so you can check for import duty here: http://itd.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp .

There is a FTA with Australia that may mean no import duty but the parts need to be manufactured in Australia for this to apply