Foreigners mentioned in VAX rollout plans as PM Prayuth visits vaccination center

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Spring News

Thailand's PM Prayuth Chan-ocha, his health minister Anutin Charnvirakul, Interior minister Anupong Paojinda and Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang were among the heavyweights in a show of vaccine unity in Bangkok yesterday.

The entourage were visiting one of 14 vaccine centers in the Thai capital set to embark on Thai's most ambitious vaccine rollout yet - getting the capital's residents jabbed.

And non-Thais were not left out of the party. Spring News quoted the PM as saying that foreigners working in Thailand would not be forgotten "from migrants to embassy workers". 

He was keen to stress that everyone should work together to get the vaccine into the arms of the people. Fighting would only slow things down. He confirmed that Thai produced vaccine would be efficacious. 

He announced 14 places in Bangkok that will be vaccine centers with eleven more in the pipeline. Each of the centers will work with a hospital in their area in a rollout worked on with the Thai Chamber of Commerce. 

It is then hoped that the model will be used to expand to the provinces. Each center will be able to vaccinate between 1,000 and 3000 people per day with 50,000 daily being the overall target in Bangkok.

The centers are expected to remain operational for the remaining seven months of the year after the start in June. 

Yesterday they visited the third floor of the Central Ladprao shopping center in Chatuchak that will be one of the vaccination centers under the auspices of Ramathibodi Hospital. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-13

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He was keen to stress that everyone should work together to get the vaccine into the arms of the people. Fighting would only slow things down.

What does that mean?

• Like 1

And non-Thais were not left out of the party. Spring News quoted the PM as saying that foreigners working in Thailand would not be forgotten "from migrants to embassy workers". 

Would not be forgotten? They have said that all along, but the question is when?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rickthailand said:

foreigners WORKING in thailand????

In other words legal foreign workers that have medical & social paid into. Also pay taxes.. They have to give it free also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

not be forgotten "from migrants to embassy workers". 

Embassy workers have been vaccinated already with utmost certainty or given furlough.

Thaivisa needs to always add:

The Daily Hopium:

To each title. Another post about nothing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

What about those living here retired??

Guess they will have to cough up some money like the rest of us and pay for it when it comes available.

Edited by nightfox

What vaccine is safe. All of them seem to have some serious side affects to them and you don't know until after it has been injected into you. Some say that the risk is worth it. They wont say that if they are one of the ones that suffer from a serious side effect, like a blood clot going to the heart as is what has happened in various countries around the world and is still happening in Australia with more cases reported this morning.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

How did he manage that?

If a hospital decides to do something a certain way, up to them and good luck to those involved. I am certainly not going to say anything that would allow idiots to spoil things for others.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

They said June, isn't it still May?

Who is "they" that said what when?

Dude -- high risk people over 60 or with certain conditions were invited to register in May for jabs starting in June. But the vast majority of high risk expats were excluded from that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's great but the vast majority of high risk expats can't even register.

It would appear that some provinces are letting foreigners to register in the rural areas. As previously posted I registered last week, with my pink ID card, at our local community health clinic. I was talking to a farang friend this morning and he told me that he and another farang friend had registered today at the local hospital. So it would seem that some rural areas are being more proactive than the big smoke.

• Like 2

50,000 target for people vaccinated in Bangkok.  Nothing said for the rest of the country.  With a total population of about 66 million 50,000 vaccinations would take 3.616 years.    However, if we only count the 16,000,000 in Bangkok alone that would only take about 0.88 years.  Way to go!  Tourists will be scrambling to be the first to arrive. 555

Edited by dlclark97

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Dont understand all the panic and rush, been fine for the last 18 months, now all of a sudden its a mad rush to get vaccinated, like another couple of weeks really matters.

Dont see it myself. Happy to get it as and when its available, but then the brand of MY choice at my expense if necessary.

How could you possibly know its only a couple of weeks?

• Like 1