Foreigners mentioned in VAX rollout plans as PM Prayuth visits vaccination center

webfact

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's PM Prayuth Chan-ocha, his health minister Anutin Charnvirakul, Interior minister Anupong Paojinda and Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang were among the heavyweights in a show of vaccine unity in Bangkok yesterday.

You know when the <deleted>s hit the fan when heavyweights start going out in small groups.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How could you possibly know its only a couple of weeks?

How could you possibly know its not ? I used a figure of speech, as a non specific time, weeks months doesnt matter to me at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

So not much hope then for these jobless foreigners or maybe they think that the  extra vitamin D is going to protect them from Corona?

ED0E9B3B-80E0-4FB5-97A9-B1BA413FBEF8.jpeg

Aaahhh a photo of the good old time! i seriously miss this

when Pattaya beach wasn't yet a large no man's land

crushed by the sun, used only by the chinese and indians selfie addicts before covid and used now as a toilet by all the stray dogs and the homeless presents in the area

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

How could you possibly know its not ? I used a figure of speech, as a non specific time, weeks months doesnt matter to me at all.

Im alright Jack.....It may not matter to you, but many have elderly relatives, family, grandchilren etc overseas who they need to see. I have no desperate urge to travel but i want it sooner rather than later to at least have that option.

11 hours ago, kotsak said:

sod the rest I assume.. ????

Now, if you were working in some <deleted> Hole Factory some place for 250 Baht a Day, you would of course be vaccinated, as you are bringing wealth to the Country.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He was keen to stress that everyone should work together to get the vaccine into the arms of the people. Fighting would only slow things down. He confirmed that Thai produced vaccine would be efficacious. 

ef·fi·ca·cious successful in producing a desired or intended result; effective.

And the result is it will be very lucrative for certain large shareholders, so stalling was worth the wait holding the foot brake on all vaccines except the chosen two. So glad he has his face diaper on so we can not see the sludge oozing from his mouth. He and his Junta clowns have shown exactly how much they care of the general public including foreigner expats. Zero!

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's great but the vast majority of high risk expats can't even register.

I was able to register today at the local clinic (after being refused last week) but it does appear that you need the pink ID.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

For sure we'll be after Thai's though.
They might give it to some just for PR though.

yep, it will be like one of those events when they have almost murdered a foreign tourist and some official surrounded by cameras brings them a bunch of flowers/fruit or chocolates. An extremely grateful waiing expat will be photographed thanking the Thai government profusely for jabbing him with a Chinese saline solution whilst berating his own country for not vaccinating him at the embassy with 35 Thai officials/committee members surrounding him maskless to get in on the shot. With any luck it will also involve a PowerPoint chart (I've been missing them) ????

• Sad 1

By the time it is finally our turn, after the last somchai gets his jab, we will likely have the option of taking the vaccine of our choice. By then, AstraZenica may be discontinued here as it has in a lot of countries due to the mounting evidence of blood clots (VITT) in recipients.

For younger people, the risk of death is higher from the vaccine, than it is from dying from Covid.  

In fact, there have been a total of 242 cases of VITT and 49 deaths reported in the U.K. out of 28.5 million doses given up to April 28, with the fatality rate estimated at about 20 per cent. The U.K. restricted the vaccine to those over 40 last week.

The Ontario Science Table now estimates the frequency of VITT in Canadians who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine at 1 in 55,000, but that number is a moving target with new data being released from countries around the world daily.

Denmark has completely halted the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine due to the risk of VITT, in addition to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which uses a similar adenoviral vector method. The move that is expected to set the country back weeks in its vaccine rollout.

Thailand  has made a poor choice of going with one main vaccine in the rollout, and then compounded the error by producing it in a factory where they have very limited control of the production, speed, quality, quantity, complaint, or termination, due to its ownership.  

Although the Thai government is now pushing hard to have people come forward and get vaccinated, bookings have been so far very short of expectations. As the VITT risk comes to light, many Thais will refuse the AstraZenica vaccine, along with the Sinovac due to its low efficacy. 

If they want to open up the country again, they will most likely eventually be forced to find and provide proper effective alternates the population will accept.

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

I know a 69 year old retired foreigner that was vaccinated yesterday.

Under what quota was this foreigner vaccinated? It has already been announced that foreigners are included in some of the priority groups (health workers etc) that presently are being vaccinated.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He was keen to stress that everyone should work together to get the vaccine into the arms of the people. Fighting would only slow things down.

Profound and uplifting words of wisdom from the Exalted Lord High CZAR of Thailand’s frightful incompetence, distressing hardships, horrific disease, and desperate suffering. The people rejoice...for all is well.

Edited by Hayduke

I also know of one foreigner who has been vaccinated as part of a  quiet rural Provincial rollout providing vaccinations to small community retail services. I am guessing the rationale is to protect such operators due to regular contact with the general community.

• Like 1

Just now, Nojohndoe said:

I also know of one foreigner who has been vaccinated as part of a  quiet rural Provincial rollout providing vaccinations to small community retail services. I am guessing the rationale is to protect such operators due to regular contact with the general community.

I too was hoping to get a vaccination in conjunction with my wife on same basis but........they ran out of  vaccine ! Maybe next  time ? lol

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Meanwhile, the word from Pattaya and other places that NO ONE want to get this Sinovac vaccine as they all convinced that it is not worth having, and as for the PM who in his gracefulness hinted that SOME of the foreigners will get the vaccine, well, thank you so much for that sir...

No need for the government to bother about sorting vaccines for them then. If no-one (according to 'the word') wants the vaccine, it saves a lot of preparation time being wasted and the unused vaccines can then be used elsewhere in Thailand.

You could even be in for a medal from the big man for coming up with such a helpful and money saving suggestion!

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's great but the vast majority of high risk expats can't even register.

Keep up with news @Jingthing A new mobile based app is being released next month for us expats and it will be available in English.

'' Meanwhile, Pensom Lertsithichai from the Foreign Ministry says that from next month, foreigners should be able to register to be vaccinated.

“The ministry is trying their best to help foreigners, so they can either use the mobile app or contact hospitals directly and register to be vaccinated.”

Ref: Foreigners can register for vaccination next month

9 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

See my earlier post. Was able to do it today with pink ID at local clinic. Maybe now I am not a foreigner.

Good to hear and as I've mentioned in previous threads, falangs are being registered in rural communities. I'm down for the first round along with the (other) village elders.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, faraday said:

It's your responsibility to get the vaccine.

It's my responsibility not to give a rip.  We'll wait until forced by immigration decree.  If not forced?  Just like flu shots, I'll give it a pass.

11 hours ago, rickthailand said:

foreigners WORKING in thailand????

I worked n Thailand for 4 months in 1993, from mid 1994 to November 1997, in from September 2001 until February 1993, for about 4 months in 2004.

The first 2 were spent working with Motorola and AIS/DTAC, the 3rd was building a CDMA network and the 4th working with a Thai company moving Motorola GSM equipment from Issan to the northern provinces as a contractor.

There a lot of western cellular companies working in Thailand in the 1990s and 2000s.

It was and is nothing unusual.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

If a hospital decides to do something a certain way, up to them and good luck to those involved. I am certainly not going to say anything that would allow idiots to spoil things for others.

So what was the point of your post then? Obviously top secret, for the brotherhood only.