Foreigners mentioned in VAX rollout plans as PM Prayuth visits vaccination center

webfact

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Good to hear and as I've mentioned in previous threads, falangs are being registered in rural communities. I'm down for the first round along with the (other) village elders.

Yeah I live in a Thai village and was previously registered to receive a vaccine at the local health centre in June. Today they called my Thai wife and said that I  was no longer included in the rollout. Maybe end of the year was the best they could offer.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Good to hear and as I've mentioned in previous threads, falangs are being registered in rural communities. I'm down for the first round along with the (other) village elders.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Yeah I live in a Thai village and was previously registered to receive a vaccine at the local health centre in June. Today they called my Thai wife and said that I  was no longer included in the rollout. Maybe end of the year was the best they could offer.

That must have been a disappointment, but I guess we shouldn't be all that surprised. They have been saying 'Thais first' quite a lot haven't they.

At least within the village I feel fairly safe. We've not had any cases within 20kls of us, to my knowledge and with only 87 cases in the whole province, I think I can ride out the storm. But I did buy some insurance, just in case.

Stay safe.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

yep, it will be like one of those events when they have almost murdered a foreign tourist and some official surrounded by cameras brings them a bunch of flowers/fruit or chocolates. An extremely grateful waiing expat will be photographed thanking the Thai government profusely for jabbing him with a Chinese saline solution whilst berating his own country for not vaccinating him at the embassy with 35 Thai officials/committee members surrounding him maskless to get in on the shot. With any luck it will also involve a PowerPoint chart (I've been missing them) ????

Not forgetting some big letters cut from chunks of polystyrene and stuck to the curtain with some catchy slogan like “we love farang” (oh dtac already did that one) 

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Aaahhh a photo of the good old time! i seriously miss this

when Pattaya beach wasn't yet a large no man's land

crushed by the sun, used only by the chinese and indians selfie addicts before covid and used now as a toilet by all the stray dogs and the homeless presents in the area

Yeah it changed for the worse, and nowadays not even any vaccine for these foreigners jobless retirees. Luckily most left already long time ago. The writing was on the wall.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How could you possibly know its only a couple of weeks?

How many people do you know personally who have been seriously ill or died in the last 18 month ?
another 2 weeks or 2 month or 2 year .... it doesn't matter

Edited by Been There

11 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Check with them again next week or better still the local hospital as they could change like mine did.

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who is "they" that said what when?

Dude -- high risk people over 60 or with certain conditions were invited to register in May for jabs starting in June. But the vast majority of high risk expats were excluded from that.

Why the continual misinformation?

Do you have a link indicating expats were "invited" to register on the app on the first of May. No you don't, expats took it upon themselves and then complained about it not working as they thought it should.

As for the other forms of registrations like village heads and local authorities/hospitals can you back up the statement "But the vast majority of high risk expats were excluded from that."

I and many others have posted they had no problem registering for the vaccine. Those looking at private hospitals were looking in the wrong direction, the vaccine rollout is a government initiative.

13 hours ago, bradiston said:

So what was the point of your post then? Obviously top secret, for the brotherhood only.

I have to assume the point that foreigners were being vaccinated went over your head.

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Do you have a link indicating expats were "invited" to register on the app on the first of May. No you don't, expats took it upon themselves and then complained about it not working as they thought it should.

As for the other forms of registrations like village heads and local authorities/hospitals can you back up the statement "But the vast majority of high risk expats were excluded from that."

I and many others have posted they had no problem registering for the vaccine. Those looking at private hospitals were looking in the wrong direction, the vaccine rollout is a government initiative.

I never said that high risk expats were invited to register in May. Unfortunately, you have misinterpreted that post.  The word people and the word expats are not the same word at all. I was of course referring to the online registration method which because it doesn't currently accept passport ID has so far only been available for registration to expats with a Thai specific number.

Yes its true that some rural expats have been able to register. I have never said that they weren't. 

Yes you are correct the hoped for private hospital track with vaccines we would pay for is a separate thing. 

Best regards.

Edited by Jingthing

20 hours ago, nightfox said:

Guess they will have to cough up some money like the rest of us and pay for it when it comes available.

Id certainly be happy to pay for it - question is now - when will it be available :(?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

I have to assume the point that foreigners were being vaccinated went over your head.

Big deal. What does it prove? A foreigner got a covert jab, but it's not open to poor idiots like me that you refer to. Hardly a legit mass vaccination program is it?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Why the continual misinformation?

Just called in at Pattaya City Hospital looking to register. Rude. Only Thai people. Same result at Banglamung 2 weeks ago. Come back August. Well I said, good luck with that, cos if the expats don't get jabbed, they're not going to be out and about spending their money, are they. It takes two, right? You can jab all the bar staff etc etc til the cows come home, but with no safe customers, you're dead in the water.

21 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Just called in at Pattaya City Hospital looking to register. Rude. Only Thai people. Same result at Banglamung 2 weeks ago. Come back August. Well I said, good luck with that, cos if the expats don't get jabbed, they're not going to be out and about spending their money, are they. It takes two, right? You can jab all the bar staff etc etc til the cows come home, but with no safe customers, you're dead in the water.

I am not surprised at Pattaya City Hospital. For decades medical facilities in Pattaya have been aimed at those that can afford to pay, other than the small government hospital at Naklua the Thais have been ignored and now they have a hospital I would doubt they want falangs coming in about. It may be worth trying the Naklua hospital, Banglamung being private will not be in at the beginning.

I have said many times on this forum that foreigners in Pattaya should consider the university hospital at Bang Saen. It is only about 40 minutes on the bus and a few minutes on a baht bus. They are foreigner friendly, out patients are seen in a brand new building and prices are very reasonable. I used to get my hypertension tablets from Fascino on North Road with a discount card, saved around 30% when I started getting them from the hospital.

They have 2 registration forms, Thai and English, if you use the English you use a passport. My wife did the Thai for me with my Thai ID when I registered a few years back. The hospital put me on the Mor Phrom app, all I had to do was pick a date.

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That must have been a disappointment, but I guess we shouldn't be all that surprised. They have been saying 'Thais first' quite a lot haven't they.

At least within the village I feel fairly safe. We've not had any cases within 20kls of us, to my knowledge and with only 87 cases in the whole province, I think I can ride out the storm. But I did buy some insurance, just in case.

Stay safe.

555 another day another change.

Same guy at the local health centre who called yesterday to say that I would no longer be getting the vaccine in June, 'maybe end of the year', called again today and said my appointment was on June 21st.....sure!

He did apologize for yesterday's news and said the info from higher up keeps on changing but seemed to think this was the final flop.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I went down to the clinic with my wife this morning and registered for vaccination.

She showed them my pink ID card and my hospital ID card. It took about 10 minutes and they will call her when/if the appointment comes through.

I was the only farang there at the time.

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

I am not surprised at Pattaya City Hospital. For decades medical facilities in Pattaya have been aimed at those that can afford to pay, other than the small government hospital at Naklua the Thais have been ignored and now they have a hospital I would doubt they want falangs coming in about. It may be worth trying the Naklua hospital, Banglamung being private will not be in at the beginning.

I have said many times on this forum that foreigners in Pattaya should consider the university hospital at Bang Saen. It is only about 40 minutes on the bus and a few minutes on a baht bus. They are foreigner friendly, out patients are seen in a brand new building and prices are very reasonable. I used to get my hypertension tablets from Fascino on North Road with a discount card, saved around 30% when I started getting them from the hospital.

They have 2 registration forms, Thai and English, if you use the English you use a passport. My wife did the Thai for me with my Thai ID when I registered a few years back. The hospital put me on the Mor Phrom app, all I had to do was pick a date.

Great info. Just one note. Banglamung is very much a public hospital! Thanks!

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

Great info. Just one note. Banglamung is very much a public hospital! Thanks!

Apologies, I made the assumption you were referring to Bangkok Hospital near Banglamung police station.

I looked it up on the map and didn't realise the one in Naklua was called Banglamung. Never been there, just know about it as a friends father in law was taken there when he had an accident on Koh Larn. They couldn't deal with the injury and he was transferred to Chonburi general hospital.