Thailand reports 4,887 COVID-19 cases, 32 new deaths 

webfact

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Authorities ordered closure of a construction worker camp, run by Italian-Thai Development Plc. in Bangkok’s Laksi district after the mass testing found 196 people being infected with Covid-19.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1392763790379286528

Thai Enquirer are saying  209 new Covid cases.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1392780861691494400

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonray said:

A very good reason to stay out of IDC...wonder what happened to the maskless "middle-finger" waving farang from last week who reportedly was caught on overstay ?

these  Farangs are tarnishing the farangs' image in Thailand.

Due to this pandemic, the world has changed on how we live and do business.  The days that farangs believe to continue their "free spirit" living in Thailand are over  for a while. If they don't like it, they should be returned to their home country.

Everybody living in thailand need to fall in lines with Thai regulations and procedures and give a chance for the government to contain the epidemic. 

The same rules have been implemented everywhere else in the world.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

Of course, these figures were the 'released' figures of those tested not yesterday but some days previously! The tests do not show immediate results -- they have to be sent to a laboratory (somewhere) and then processed.

Scarey!

What a shame the whole Thai situation has been mismanaged by the Thai government -- assuming that only foreigners will carry and transmit the disease and that there was no need to prepare and vaccinate the 'people' -- a country with massive uncontrollable borders!

Mismanaged 500 deaths in 16 months where the hell are you from.  To me that’s pretty dam good Management 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Note that this is some kind of price to pay for an unworthy (overcrowded etc.) prison system. With contagious viruses at large, keeping people or animals piled like sardines is subject to Nature's retribution.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Mismanaged 500 deaths in 16 months where the hell are you from.  To me that’s pretty dam good Management 

Nobody has a handle on the true level of infections and deaths in Thailand , a criminally low level of testing saw to that.

As for the vaccine rollout , mismanaged would be a compliment !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

Only for a total pedant. The reality is they weren't reporting the prison statistics but suddenly changed their mind and decided to report them all the same day. It doesn't reflect new cases diagnosed yesterday, which remain at approximately 2,000.

How do you know the remaining 2056 case were diagnosed yesterday?It doesn't mention that anywhere that I or others have seen and been looking for unless you have access to that info in which case you could share it with us as we've been looking high and low for that info.Don't worry the prison numbers will washout in the seven day averages and will raise the average a little more than what we've been seeing.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

1 minute ago, edwardandtubs said:

So just to clarify, if cases go back down to the low 2000s tomorrow that seems likely you'll be celebrating that cases have been cut in half and the peak is well and truly over will you?

Clarify all you want I'm not engaging in your little playful whims or predictions. Feel free to get back to me with something worthwhile.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

------

Sinovac Biotech Ltd.’s vaccine is wiping out Covid-19 among health workers in Indonesia, an encouraging sign for the dozens of developing countries reliant on the controversial Chinese shot, which performed far worse than western vaccines in clinical trials.

Indonesia tracked 128,290 health workers in capital city Jakarta from January to March and found that the vaccine protected 98% of them from death and 96% from hospitalization as soon as seven days after the second dose

------

So while it's not on par with the best vaccines it's still quite useful.

"98% from death and 96% from hospitalisation" I've seen those numbers used to describe what was happening when there were no vaccines.That is the CFR is 2% meaning 98% don't die and about 4% end up in hospital which the same as 96% don't go to hospital.I'm taking the placebo. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai Enquirer are saying  209 new Covid cases.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1392780861691494400

Over a 60% positive infection rate!!

New Covid Cluster at Bangkok’s Workers’ Camp

After an inspection at the camp, Palang Pracharat MP Sira Jenjaka the mass testing, conducted on 300 workers found 196 people tested positive for Covid-19.

The active testing will be conducted on additional 500 migrant workers tomorrow and another 300 Thai workers on Saturday.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-695875

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Outside of prisons, the numbers have flatlined.

Flatlined is not the word I would use but I know what you mean. Cases are still increasing at 2000 per day. Unless the new case numbers start to substantially decrease there is still cause for worry.

On the other hand I agree with you that a lot of people here are over-reacting to the sudden increase due to prison cases as if the authorities have been hiding something. Yes, of course they are only now being added to the numbers even though these infections have occurred over the past couple of weeks, but they’ve only just been discovered due to mass testing. Wouldn’t it have looked better for them if they had added a couple hundred each day over the past couple of weeks to account for this? I see no nefarious intent here like so many others on the forum do.

Hopefully these prison cases will just be a huge blip in the overall daily numbers which will continue to be steady or decline. We will have to wait and see. They need to get serious about vaccinating everyone, including foreigners and prisoners.

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

May I ask the "experts" who 2 weeks ago claimed that the peak of the wave was already behind us... for their scientific comment on the current numbers.

Thank you.

Think you can really disregard the prison numbers considering there has been no time frame mentioned, for all we know this could be an accumulation of numbers from day 1  - but being Thailand covering your arze would influence the reporting. 

Edited by Artisi

Hi TallGuyJohn

I have tried scanning back through the pages to find the daily numbers per province. There are so many pages today! Could you (or somebody else) possibly send me the link or the data please. I have been compiling a daily chart for myself.

Thanks

I think we're maxxxed out around 2k new infections. Thailand just doesn't have the means to test people in greater numbers.

The prison population doesn't count. Poor sods been sitting there sick all month prolly. How can this have gone unnoticed especially with all the concerns of those young political prisoners coming down with covid. Oh yeah.. guess there's a bit of covid there. Really, how much? Well, maybe 80%...????

Edited by kynikoi

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not good.

Indeed .

Things can only get worse ...

You have been warned .

Spend now , while your alive  ....555

9 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

problem is, people won't

And why shouldn't people focus on the prison cases as well those in general population. Surely prisoners are members of the community and should be included in the daily cases. If there are 2800+ cases in just 2 prisons, imagine how many there are likely to be in 148? This government has been exposed for its weakness and dishonesty.

• Like 2