Thailand reports 4,887 COVID-19 cases, 32 new deaths 

webfact

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392698081590743041

The latest color-coded map of Thailand has just been released: RED: More than 100 cases (3 provinces)

ORANGE: 51-100 cases (4 provinces)

YELLOW: 11-50 cases (11 provinces)

GREEN: 1-10 cases (45 provinces)

WHITE: 0 cases (14 provinces)

-----------------

Wow, amazing Thailand. So sorry to state the obvious, but things are looking good, yes? So why the panic? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps something like this?

April 4, 2021:

Thailand’s prisons on COVID-19 red alert'

"The department has also imposed other measures to prevent the spread of the virus. No prisoners will be allowed to work outside their prisons, there will be no transfers between prisons, no outsiders are allowed entry to prisons and new prisoners will be isolated in separate cells for 14-21 days and be screened at least twice before they are to be moved out of isolation."

Yes exactly, that worked out well then. Announce measures then no follow up until today when they had no choice.

We're still waiting for follow up with all the migrants that were locked up to a few weeks ago, but since there are no high profile cases there's no need for feedback I guess.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps something like this?

April 4, 2021:

Thailand’s prisons on COVID-19 red alert'

"The department has also imposed other measures to prevent the spread of the virus. No prisoners will be allowed to work outside their prisons, there will be no transfers between prisons, no outsiders are allowed entry to prisons and new prisoners will be isolated in separate cells for 14-21 days and be screened at least twice before they are to be moved out of isolation."

Prisoners not more allowed to shower together. One by one, ones a week and not sharing any soap.

Coalition parties urges government to close all land borders

Coalition partners Bhumjai Thai and the Democrat Party have signaled to the cabinet that all of Thailand’s land borders must be closed in order to prevent more Covid-19 infections.

Thailand has currently imposed a mandatory 14 day quarantine to all visitors from abroad but Myanmar refugees have made their way into the country seeking to escape from the Myanmar Junta’s persecution.

The government has so far opened its borders temporarily allowing some refugees to enter before pushing them back once the violence dies down.

Read more:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27453/coalition-parties-urges-government-to-close-all-land-borders/

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Not true. In Oz they ask if you've got the slightest of symptoms get tested.  Of course in Oz there are places (not hospitals) that do mass community testing.

Exactly. We are told the number one thing you can do to help contain the virus is get tested and isolate until you get the results.

• Thanks 2

Chiang Mai hospital reports 7 new cases after patients lied about being infected. A hospital in the northern province of Chiang Mai has reported a new cluster of Covid-19 after 3 patients lied about being infected. The Central Chiang.

https://thethaiger.com/news/chiang-mai/chiang-mai-hospital-reports-7-new-cases-after-patients-lied-about-being-infected

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susco said:

Well they couldn't sweep those prison infections under the carpet, same as they limit their testing outside to keep the numbers low.

I wonder what the infection ratio was in the prisons

Now I'm not worried...those cellies ain't spreading it anywhere (but their prison).

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But are these cases in prisons across the country, or from two prisons in Bangkok?

I see references to cases in the prison “system” and the above specifically states prison across the country. But the actual case numbers I see quoted only refer to a single male and single female prison in Bangkok.

are there more cases in other prisons?

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Now I'm not worried...those cellies ain't spreading it anywhere (but their prison).

Mind you, guards and other staff are not locked up, they are released every day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I went back just now and re-read the Bangkok Post and ThaiPBS reports on the prisons COVID outbreak, and neither report had any mention whatsoever about over what period of time the positive COVID tests on the 2,835 inmates had occurred.

But there was this additional interesting stat:

According to the Corrections Department, there were 3,238 prisoners at the Bangkok Remand Prison as of May 5 -- and today was reported to have 1,795 COVID cases.

and 4,518 at the Central Women's Correctional Institution -- and today was reported to have 1,040 COVID cases.

It’s a very very high positivity rate

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Chiang Mai hospital reports 7 new cases after patients lied about being infected. A hospital in the northern province of Chiang Mai has reported a new cluster of Covid-19 after 3 patients lied about being infected. The Central Chiang.

https://thethaiger.com/news/chiang-mai/chiang-mai-hospital-reports-7-new-cases-after-patients-lied-about-being-infected

And the continuing hiding or trying to hide their contacts with people who have been tested as positive, or being in attendance at a location deemed to be under investigation and high risk.  Articles on the news, in the papers and making rounds regarding the fines and possible imprisonment for failing to disclose this are not obviously having an impact or is it that people just don't give a cluck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Weird. How can you lie about being infected? You can lie about your movements and potential exposure, but you don’t know you’re infected until you’ve been tested. And once tested, if positive, you’re thrown in a field hospital.

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s a very very high positivity rate

So were those prior cases as of May 5th disclosed and are they in the stats now or are they still being hidden.  Oops if they tried to keep them hidden.  Just makes the truthfulness they are supposedly telling folks which needs to be taken with a grain of salt and questioned even more.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1392715379118526464

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday: Since Jan 2020 93,794 people infected (+16 imported cases & +4,887 local cases)

518 dead +32 (0.55%)

32,661 in care

1,209 in serious condition - 406 of them in ventilators)

1,572 discharged from care

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WineOh said:

Here we go.

The flood gates are about to burst wide open..

Full lockdown on the horizon. 

I'm safe in my room with my wine????

I've been hearing this for over a year now...  still hasn't happened. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1