Thailand reports 4,887 COVID-19 cases, 32 new deaths 

webfact

4 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Covid vaccines have saved billions of lives? What you smoking there chief?

Vaccines....who said covid vaccines......you asked does anyone believe in vaccines....if you mean the current covid vaccines try looking at the data (proper data) from the UK.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In all likelihood, the 4,887 new case tally today with the 2,835 prisons portion has to be regarded as suspect.

I'm not doubting that 2,835 prison inmates have tested positive for COVID.

But I am doubting that they all tested positive in the past 24 hours or anything close to that timeframe.

The number is being driven by the fact that Thai corrections officials "announced" that total yesterday officially, meaning it now needed to be included in today's official update.

But in all likelihood, that accumulation of COVID cases in the prisons has been building for some time. Yet those cases are all getting piled into today's one day total.

I think the same as you but I don't know what is true or not anymore!

Vaccines update:

Thailand passes 2 million COVID vaccines administered, but the portion fully vaccinated with two shots (645,233) remains below 1 percent of Thailand's total population. The details in the chart below show the first and second shot totals given in the past day, followed by the cumulative totals for each.

Screenshot_4.jpg.1c754df3476d8f2e7dfb2afc8374777f.jpg

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Standard around the world 

Same in Oz, stay home. Nothing the hospital can do in early stage and the chance of transmission is way to high by traveling and exposing hospital staff 

Exactly the sensible thing to do. The Thai and Oz Govts are right to tell people to stay at home. It should be stated in stronger terms that isolation at home is the key also. Exactly what my mother taught us when we had a suspected viral infection.

Perhaps the lack of discipline in this regard partly explains why the spread of influenza and pneumonia were common and rife in Thailand before Covid came along. There were on average 122 deaths PER DAY from those in Thailand (44,549 deaths from flu and pneumonia in Thailand in 2018).

What is surprising is that the Govt isn't explaining what remedies those people staying at home should be taking. I haven't seen that listed anywhere, have you? We are well prepared in my household, but the average Thai doesn't have a clue about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Read More:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/13/pattaya-aims-to-vaccinate-10000-people-with-covid-19-vaccines-per-day-by-june-in-effort-to-get-city-businesses-open-again/

Pattaya aims to vaccinate 10,000 people with Covid-19 vaccines per day by June in effort to get city businesses open again

Pattaya City is targeting to vaccinate 10,000 people with Covid -19 vaccines per day from June, starting with people in tourism industries and hospitality related businesses like hotels, restaurants, and bars.

A meeting was held yesterday (May 12th) at the Pattaya City Hall and was led by the Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunpluem via ‘Zoom Online’ conference with other relevant officials from a variety of agencies including multiple tourism related groups and the Thai Tourism Authority.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Antonymous said:

The Thai and Oz Govts are right to tell people to stay at home.

The problem for many Thias is............... staying at home means no income.

The UK promised £500 a week for self quarantine, but made it difficult to obtain........it is estimated only 20% of covid infected people quarantined as a result.

Tories even accused people of going out to get infected so they could claim!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392725099514531842

Vaccinations in #Thailand since 28th February 2021:

First dose - Sinovac 1,291,556 & AstraZeneca 103,574

Second dose - Sinovac 643,375 & AstraZeneca 1,858

Yesterday, 22,753 people received their first dose and 81,529 received their second dose.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

Government spokeswoman comments re the prisons COVID outbreak at today's English language COVID update news briefing:

"Although this is quite a high number, they are by nature or by default already isolated from the general public. The Corrections Department and other authorities are doing their best to manage the situation of the infected inmates. And these inmates have been immediately taken to health care facilities for treatment and isolation. And all prison personnel have been vaccinated as a preventive measure."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here we have the Thai government actively discouraging people to go to hospital for a test if they think they've been exposed to the virus but are asymptomatic.

Certainly keeps the hospital case finding numbers down.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1392675968972689409

covid stay at home.png

Very sensible advice, thanks for posting.

15 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Numbers from prisons SHOUL be keps separate, so we can see the rate of community spread as a separate rate. This makes epidemilogical sense. If I have 4800 cases in a day, I sure as heck want to know the sources of these infections. 

Why don't we count Thai's living overseas as well? It just don't make sense to throw the prison's in with the count.

I just love the scary numbers they throw out there 5000 people test positive for Covid-19  how many of them even know they have it how many of them are sick How many need to be in the hospital how many need to be on ventilators how many will die those are the real numbers I want to hear 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sungod said:

Very sensible advice, thanks for posting.

Yes indeed, let is spread in your home community before it gets so serious that you eventually have to go to hospital and leave a new cluster behind you thanks to your actions

Edited by Bkk Brian

Here in ireland now have 40k a day queuing 4 vacs

hosp ICU and admissions, deaths and effected cases starting to see record lows no lying stats.

result a rolling opening later in the summer normality unless a new strain then we are all ...

Edited by onthedarkside
profanity removed & quoted of hidden post
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes indeed, let is spread in your home community before it gets so serious that you eventually have to go to hospital

Missed that bit about spreading it in the home community, was that bit on the poster?

I saw the bit that said people should stay at home, I would take that as all the people in the house no?

so many prisoners found with COVID, have the rest of the prisoners been tested, what about the Guards who leave the Prison go home they could infect their families, who in turn probably go out and around and could infect more people, the prisons need to be closed off as well to stop further infections

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, tomyami said:

Here in ireland now have 40k a day queuing 4 vacs

hosp ICU and admissions, deaths and effected cases starting to see record lows no lying stats.

result a rolling opening later in the summer normality unless a new strain then we are all...

Your 'normality' ins't coming back bud, nothing approaching it will for more than a short spell, I fear. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Haha 1

This is awful. I realize that the majority of new cases are in prisons, but the headline numbers are going to scare a lot of ordinary people. I very much hope that the government will not declare that stricter measures than the current ones are required.

The numbers from cases in prisons are today just from Bangkok. I assume there is a similar situation in other prisons nationwide. So this number can skyrocket anytime soon IF they conduct tests there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It was inevitable and oh so predictable. 

There is no social distancing at all in Chonburi. Markets are crowded as normal with ridiculous amounts of people there. The market in Naklua was rammed with people last night and motorbikes lined up like sardines in a can.

I don't think the average Thai understands that going to these places is a health risk or maybe they don't care.

Oh well, we are about to witness a major crisis IMO. 

your probably right, like sheep to the slaugher

• Like 1

Just now, Chiang Mai Bill said:

Of course, these figures were the 'released' figures of those tested not yesterday but some days previously! The tests do not show immediate results -- they have to be sent to a laboratory (somewhere) and then processed.

Scarey!

What a shame the whole Thai situation has been mismanaged by the Thai government -- assuming that only foreigners will carry and transmit the disease and that there was no need to prepare and vaccinate the 'people' -- a country with massive uncontrollable borders!

Serves them right that Thailand now has to rely on vaccines from those dirty farang countries. If it wasn't an emergency those countries should consider stop doing business with Thailand and in a minute this country is going back to the stone age!!!!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Recognizing that complications from ventilator use can occur, some intensive care units (ICUs) have started to delay putting a COVID-19 patient on a ventilator until the last possible moment, when it is truly a life-or-death decision, said Dr. Udit Chaddha, an interventional pulmonologist with Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200422/most-covid-19-patients-placed-on-ventilators-died-new-york-study-shows

I assume Thais know about the concern over the use of ventilators and these 406 poor souls are definitely in the last chance saloon and that is the reason they are on them........or as Johnson so eloquently put it....'Operation Last Gasp'....what an idiot.

Of course the Thai doctors are aware of the concerns over the use of ventilators or 'intubators' as some call them. They had years of experience using them with pneumonia patients before Covid came along.

My sister was put into an induced coma for several days and on a ventilator for pneumonia. She recovered, but with lasting complications.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

I very much hope that the government will not declare that stricter measures than the current ones are required.

Why would you hope for such lack of action?

• Like 1