Thailand reports 4,887 COVID-19 cases, 32 new deaths 

webfact

Just now, rupert the bear said:

yet more lies,the abscence of a testing/vacc regime and the prison nos.they just didnt erupt yesterday.the facts are there a while.who hid em.yep the usually diks. im so important and my daddy too. stop speaking the truth. stop it now or u go to prison you foreign scum,we arnt racist either of course the covid knows the difference between the master race and the rest of you.this is the country we are living in and this culture they always brag about ....look at it.it will be yrs before this gets put to bed .why?the same half wits are in charge that always have been,we are seeing the results of yrs of incompetence and stupidity reach an end game.its already starting to unravel.the racism thing .its so obvious and spawned by the people of the culture.its one of the few things the govt has received support from the general population over!!the corruption-no tests no vaccs ha ha ha,get your subs in let the worlds richest people do nothing!!amazing indeed and its gonna get a lot worse.

Off to take a paracetamol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392725099514531842

Vaccinations in #Thailand since 28th February 2021:

First dose - Sinovac 1,291,556 & AstraZeneca 103,574

Second dose - Sinovac 643,375 & AstraZeneca 1,858

Yesterday, 22,753 people received their first dose and 81,529 received their second dose.

I was under the impression that it had generally been accepted in countries where vaccinations have been taken a bit more seriously, that getting the first jab into people should take precedence over second jabbing (for reasons which have been widely discussed and explained).....yet here, the rate at which second jabs are being administered seems to far exceed that for first jabs. Perhaps I'm missing something.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But in all likelihood, that accumulation of COVID cases in the prisons has been building for some time. Yet those cases are all getting piled into today's one day total.

Quite. Everything has to be taken in perspective, unless you work in the media.

The global death rate is around 2%, in the UK it is around 2.8% and in the US around 1.8% but here in Thailand around 0.5%.

Of course the bodies could be accumulating and they will all be piled into the total at some point in the future.

People should be thankful it wasn't 5000 in the community and those that can't stand the heat should get out of the kitchen.

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

...........anything (in my case).

It is frustrating at times.....she is 'intelligent', but totally uneducated, having been forced to leave school at 12, sent 4 hours drive away, can you believe that????, to work in a roadside restaurant.....and never returned home.

So I used to try and explain things to her like tides, political systems, general relativity (joking)........but it seems she/Thais do not like to have their ignorance exposed by having things explained....so I tend to just tend to nod and smile if we get into any kind of discussion.......shame really.

I can agree with you on that. Same my GF, she left/ejected from her home at 11 yrs old, very intelligent, very street wise, ran her own laundry at 15 yrs old, now a mature student, but when trying to have a conversation about something political, covid situation, etc, the head in the sand scenario kicks in. Maybe it's just "Thainess", the insular attitude she has that if it's over there it doesn't directly affect me.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sungod said:

You seem to argue with the governments advice most days.........why not now?

So, in your opinion then;

Would you prefer someone who thinks they have Covid to get out there in the community? How do you suggest they get to the hospital? Take a taxi, jump on the bus, risk infecting someone else and asking for a lift? Then when they get there, risk infecting more staff on arrival?

Or staying at home, getting a test from a community testing unit in controlled conditions and following the correct health advice from there on and keeping the risk of infection to a minimum?

if you insist:

You are making the assumption that a community testing unit will actually go to that particular community, what if it does not? After all they are in high demand in cluster areas, there's no reason to confirm a cluster area unless people have already tested previously.

If by some miracle one does arrive in your community if you are outside a cluster area, how do you know it will be near enough without having to catch a taxi or jump on a bus? Communities can include a very large geographical area.

In addition where is the advice given to people who live in shared housing or single rooms, how can they honestly isolate from their family or room mates, how can they work from home if their job requires them to go out? How long should they isolate for before returning to normal activities?

Health wise there is also the question that treatment should start as soon as you are confirmed positive, how long will it take for a community testing unit to arrive, if it arrives?

If you have all the answers to that and are confident that Thai's will follow those protocols without the need for actually knowing them, then all is ok with the government advice on your part.

Lots of questions that are unanswered with this advice given, lots of grey areas and lots of ambiguity.

To me personally I think its a recipe for disaster and will lead to more community spread.

If you'd now like to respond to each point I've made in kind as I did to yours then that would be welcome. If not then good day sir.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

I can agree with you on that. Same my GF, she left/ejected from her home at 11 yrs old, very intelligent, very street wise, ran her own laundry at 15 yrs old, now a mature student, but when trying to have a conversation about something political, covid situation, etc, the head in the sand scenario kicks in. Maybe it's just "Thainess", the insular attitude she has that if it's over there it doesn't directly affect me.

I don't do it now, but when I did try to explain something you could see the sullen anger building inside her......which would result in a good 24 hour sulk......I think she perceived me to be condescending.........maybe that is how I came across......555

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

A couple of points here. it was the UK that led the field on the period between AZ jabs against the manufacturers advice. not something that was generally accepted but some did follow.

You have to bear in mind that the jab currently being administered here is Sinovac, not as effective as AZ and not approved for over 60s. The objective appears to be to get as many of the front line staff as best protected as they can with what they have got.

Things will probably change once AZ gets underway.

Fair point tks

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

if you insist:

You are making the assumption that a community testing unit will actually go to that particular community, what if it does not? After all they are in high demand in cluster areas, there's no reason to confirm a cluster area unless people have already tested previously.

Call one, my friend did.

If by some miracle one does arrive in your community if you are outside a cluster area, how do you know it will be near enough without having to catch a taxi or jump on a bus? Communities can include a very large geographical area.

Again, call one.

In addition where is the advice given to people who live in shared housing or single rooms, how can they honestly isolate from their family or room mates, how can they work from home if their job requires them to go out? How long should they isolate for before returning to normal activities?

How could they work from a hospital if their job requires them to go out.

Health wise there is also the question that treatment should start as soon as you are confirmed positive, how long will it take for a community testing unit to arrive, if it arrives?

My friend waited 3 days self isolating in his apartment with his girlfriend on their advice, then a specialized team showed up and transferred them to a facility under a controlled environment after having previously been tested positive.

If you have all the answers to that and are confident that Thai's will follow those protocols with the need for actually knowing them, then all is ok with the government advice on your part.

You seem to have a very low opinion of Thais. If you think they wont follow the protocols, why do you think its OK for them to make their way to the hospital, far more chnace of contact and infection.

Lots of questions that are unanswered with this advice given, lots of grey areas and lots of ambiguity.

As have your answers, proves staying at home waiting for medical advice to be the best course of action.

To me personally I think its a recipe for disaster and will lead to more community spread.

As would leaving the house

If you'd now like to respond to each point I've made in kind as I did to yours then that would be welcome. If not then good day sir.

Done!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sungod said:

Call one, my friend did.

Again, call one.

How could they work from a hospital if their job requires them to go out.

My friend waited 3 days self isolating in his apartment with his girlfriend on their advice, then a specialized team showed up and transferred them to a facility under a controlled environment after having previously been tested positive.

You seem to have a very low opinion of Thais. If you think they wont follow the protocols, why do you think its OK for them to make their way to the hospital, far more chnace of contact and infection.

As have your answers, proves staying at home waiting for medical advice to be the best course of action.

As would leaving the house

Done!

Good for you as i said in my previous post you must be very confident it will work i am not. You missed many of my questions but thats cool. Hows that....

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They don't follow covid prevention protocols? 

For weeks already you really are doing your best to be in denial of what is going on in Thailand currently, I dare say it's border lining trolling

16 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I don't do it now, but when I did try to explain something you could see the sullen anger building inside her......which would result in a good 24 hour sulk......I think she perceived me to be condescending.........maybe that is how I came across......555

Thais and most other Sinicized Asians are people people as opposed to ideas people. They would much rather have conversation that facilitate keeping the relationship stable over conversations that exchange lots of information.

They are simply not thinkers. Doesn't mean unintelligent. But they definitely do not like to think beyond basics.

If I could live my life that way and have everything I need, I might. Ignorance really is Bliss.

As a young person, I was happy all the time. Now I'm an old, shriveled, grumpy, overthinking, constipated ATM.

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It was inevitable and oh so predictable. 

There is no social distancing at all in Chonburi. Markets are crowded as normal with ridiculous amounts of people there. The market in Naklua was rammed with people last night and motorbikes lined up like sardines in a can.

I don't think the average Thai understands that going to these places is a health risk or maybe they don't care.

Oh well, we are about to witness a major crisis IMO. 

Correct, but since you know that it means you were there too...So, not only the average Thai doesn't understand. 5555555

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

For weeks already you really are doing your best to be in denial of what is going on in Thailand currently

How so exactly...can you point to anything specific? Have you seen the many informative articles I've posted in the Covid-19 Sub-Forum? Is it only your exaggerated panicky posts in the News Sub-Forum that are not trolling ????

5 hours ago, Susco said:

Well they couldn't sweep those prison infections under the carpet, same as they limit their testing outside to keep the numbers low.

I wonder what the infection ratio was in the prisons

So it is safer to not be in prison.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as PM Prayuth, Health minister Anutin, Interior minister Anupong and Bangkok Governor Aswin visit a vaccination center in Bangkok.

And jointly claim everything is under control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1