Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

What about us?! Calls to vaccinate Thailand's security guards


Recommended Posts

Every picture I see of people being vaccinated they are invariably young and healthy looking, why is this

 

Why in a country so adept at copying stuff are they unable to copy the correct way to vaccinate ie old and vulnerable first, medical second, essential services everybody else by age group, not hard

 

I think I got it that takes no account of 'me first' or 'do you know who I am'

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Every picture I see of people being vaccinated they are invariably young and healthy looking, why is this

 

Why in a country so adept at copying stuff are they unable to copy the correct way to vaccinate ie old and vulnerable first, medical second, essential services everybody else by age group, not hard

 

I think I got it that takes no account of 'me first' or 'do you know who I am'

 

Indeed.

 

It seems the order of priority here has been (thus far):

1. All the politicans

2. Some hospital staff

3. Thai Airlines staff and some football teams

4. Some other people.

 

Another schedule has also arisen:

1. Thais first

2. Immigrant workers, foreigners, stateless residents: last.

 

By now the authorities should have published the proposed vaccination schedules - relative to age, infirmity, situation, occupation, etc. - with approximate dates based on the vax orders made thus far.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This to me, kind of mirrors what happened when CoEs were initially rolled out in late march 2020… the very very first group of non-citizens with valid work permits who were “economically essential” to thailand, then soon after it was expanded slightly to include all valid WP holders… notably at that that time it EXcluded those who were holders of various retiree-type visas or were foreign spouses, foreign parents of a Thai national.  

 

I remember in some FB there was fairly vocal … bantering…. of “group X should come before group Y, because Y is more important than X…. “   and honestly, each one did have a valid point to varying subjective degrees.

 

This issue of what groups will be first, second, etc… kind of feels like we will see the same… it unfortunately kind of became very divisive. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, new2here said:

This to me, kind of mirrors what happened when CoEs were initially rolled out in late march 2020… the very very first group of non-citizens with valid work permits who were “economically essential” to thailand, then soon after it was expanded slightly to include all valid WP holders… notably at that that time it EXcluded those who were holders of various retiree-type visas or were foreign spouses, foreign parents of a Thai national.  

 

I remember in some FB there was fairly vocal … bantering…. of “group X should come before group Y, because Y is more important than X…. “   and honestly, each one did have a valid point to varying subjective degrees.

 

This issue of what groups will be first, second, etc… kind of feels like we will see the same… it unfortunately kind of became very divisive. 

 

Even permanent residents were ignored in the initial roll out of CoEs, unless they had WPs but many are retired.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mark131v said:

Every picture I see of people being vaccinated they are invariably young and healthy looking, why is this

 

Why in a country so adept at copying stuff are they unable to copy the correct way to vaccinate ie old and vulnerable first, medical second, essential services everybody else by age group, not hard

 

I think I got it that takes no account of 'me first' or 'do you know who I am'

Does the 'I'm important because I have a uniform' group fit in the first or second set?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

They feel that they have been largely unconsidered with the rush to vaccinate medical personnel.

Oh be quiet and get in line to be ignored. No jumping the Junta and elite's we really don't give a rats behind about you low life's ignore que. What's next free masks and 2 days off?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mark131v said:

Every picture I see of people being vaccinated they are invariably young and healthy looking, why is this

 

Why in a country so adept at copying stuff are they unable to copy the correct way to vaccinate ie old and vulnerable first, medical second, essential services everybody else by age group, not hard

 

I think I got it that takes no account of 'me first' or 'do you know who I am'

Singapore e.g. vaccinated airport staff, taxi drivers, medical in short essential services providers first. Only then did the start on seniors.

This makes sense as aforementioned griups are coming into contact with more people than people who are no longer going to work and who are often not mixing with outsiders regularly. 

Only Europe did the silly priority thing on old ppl in care homes. Or vaccinated from 90 downwards. Now many youngsters are in ICU or have died.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

 

Even permanent residents were ignored in the initial roll out of CoEs, unless they had WPs but many are retired.

Here you go

The COVID-19 vaccine is free for everyone in Australia. Vaccination providers cannot charge you for the COVID-19 vaccine or your appointments to receive the vaccine.5 May 2021
 
So much for complaining about your called nanny states
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Letseng said:

Singapore e.g. vaccinated airport staff, taxi drivers, medical in short essential services providers first. Only then did the start on seniors.

This makes sense as aforementioned griups are coming into contact with more people than people who are no longer going to work and who are often not mixing with outsiders regularly. 

Only Europe did the silly priority thing on old ppl in care homes. Or vaccinated from 90 downwards. Now many youngsters are in ICU or have died.

 

Lets see Singapore 5 million Thailand 70 million

 

Singapore rich well governed first world country, Thailand at best a developing country with poor education and endemic corruption at all levels

 

The old and vulnerable are most at risk of death from Covid 19 young and fit at minimal risk

 

So who should be vaccinated, the people at most risk of a premature death or people who will get a bad dose of flu?

 

So the tried and tested  formula of medical professionals, the old and vulnerable, essential services then everybody by age group irrespective of if you have a uniform or know the local big man 

 

Versus the 'me first' and the 'do you know who I am' Thailand  queuing model 

 

Seems a no brainer to me....

Edited by mark131v
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...