What about us?! Calls to vaccinate Thailand's security guards

webfact

Every picture I see of people being vaccinated they are invariably young and healthy looking, why is this

Why in a country so adept at copying stuff are they unable to copy the correct way to vaccinate ie old and vulnerable first, medical second, essential services everybody else by age group, not hard

I think I got it that takes no account of 'me first' or 'do you know who I am'

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Every picture I see of people being vaccinated they are invariably young and healthy looking, why is this

Why in a country so adept at copying stuff are they unable to copy the correct way to vaccinate ie old and vulnerable first, medical second, essential services everybody else by age group, not hard

Indeed.

It seems the order of priority here has been (thus far):

1. All the politicans

2. Some hospital staff

3. Thai Airlines staff and some football teams

4. Some other people.

Another schedule has also arisen:

1. Thais first

2. Immigrant workers, foreigners, stateless residents: last.

By now the authorities should have published the proposed vaccination schedules - relative to age, infirmity, situation, occupation, etc. - with approximate dates based on the vax orders made thus far.

• Like 2

This to me, kind of mirrors what happened when CoEs were initially rolled out in late march 2020… the very very first group of non-citizens with valid work permits who were “economically essential” to thailand, then soon after it was expanded slightly to include all valid WP holders… notably at that that time it EXcluded those who were holders of various retiree-type visas or were foreign spouses, foreign parents of a Thai national.  

I remember in some FB there was fairly vocal … bantering…. of “group X should come before group Y, because Y is more important than X…. “   and honestly, each one did have a valid point to varying subjective degrees.

This issue of what groups will be first, second, etc… kind of feels like we will see the same… it unfortunately kind of became very divisive. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, new2here said:

This to me, kind of mirrors what happened when CoEs were initially rolled out in late march 2020… the very very first group of non-citizens with valid work permits who were “economically essential” to thailand, then soon after it was expanded slightly to include all valid WP holders… notably at that that time it EXcluded those who were holders of various retiree-type visas or were foreign spouses, foreign parents of a Thai national.  

I remember in some FB there was fairly vocal … bantering…. of “group X should come before group Y, because Y is more important than X…. “   and honestly, each one did have a valid point to varying subjective degrees.

This issue of what groups will be first, second, etc… kind of feels like we will see the same… it unfortunately kind of became very divisive. 

Even permanent residents were ignored in the initial roll out of CoEs, unless they had WPs but many are retired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mark131v said:

Does the 'I'm important because I have a uniform' group fit in the first or second set?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They feel that they have been largely unconsidered with the rush to vaccinate medical personnel.

Oh be quiet and get in line to be ignored. No jumping the Junta and elite's we really don't give a rats behind about you low life's ignore que. What's next free masks and 2 days off?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mark131v said:

Singapore e.g. vaccinated airport staff, taxi drivers, medical in short essential services providers first. Only then did the start on seniors.

This makes sense as aforementioned griups are coming into contact with more people than people who are no longer going to work and who are often not mixing with outsiders regularly. 

Only Europe did the silly priority thing on old ppl in care homes. Or vaccinated from 90 downwards. Now many youngsters are in ICU or have died.

9 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Even permanent residents were ignored in the initial roll out of CoEs, unless they had WPs but many are retired.

Here you go

The COVID-19 vaccine is free for everyone in Australia. Vaccination providers cannot charge you for the COVID-19 vaccine or your appointments to receive the vaccine.5 May 2021

So much for complaining about your called nanny states

12 hours ago, Letseng said:

Singapore e.g. vaccinated airport staff, taxi drivers, medical in short essential services providers first. Only then did the start on seniors.

This makes sense as aforementioned griups are coming into contact with more people than people who are no longer going to work and who are often not mixing with outsiders regularly. 

Only Europe did the silly priority thing on old ppl in care homes. Or vaccinated from 90 downwards. Now many youngsters are in ICU or have died.

Lets see Singapore 5 million Thailand 70 million

Singapore rich well governed first world country, Thailand at best a developing country with poor education and endemic corruption at all levels

The old and vulnerable are most at risk of death from Covid 19 young and fit at minimal risk

So who should be vaccinated, the people at most risk of a premature death or people who will get a bad dose of flu?

So the tried and tested  formula of medical professionals, the old and vulnerable, essential services then everybody by age group irrespective of if you have a uniform or know the local big man 

Versus the 'me first' and the 'do you know who I am' Thailand  queuing model 

Seems a no brainer to me....

Edited by mark131v