Pattaya: "New Lung" for Jomtien as beautiful park nears completion - open in July

webfact

Work began on transforming the area in the middle of last year at a cost of 32 million baht.

All that remains to be done is the electrics and a fitness area, said mayor Sontaya Khunplome. 

The park is expected to open its doors in July. 

32 Million was the amount the tax payer was charged.

Real cost was 2 Million and rest admin fees.

Friend Jojo told me.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

A new lung would be a park full of big trees not water .

How original

Looks exactly the same as the Park behind the Nong Prue School by the Motorway entrance.

And unless properly policed will be just the same in other respects.

A Tip.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tyga said:

Like others said, the latest generation of decision makers here, have an aversion to anything approaching natural looking, chrome, concrete and palm trees is beautiful in their eyes. Tasteless and no ecological value whatsoever.  Just don't get me started on the so called improvements to the Sukhimvit Road from Jomtien to Sattahip and beyond, trees ripped out, grass removed, lily ponds filled in, trees cut down, and replaced with hot reflective concrete surfaces. The fact is that once upon a time, not so long ago, Jomtien had wonderful biodiverse habitats and was a so called 'lung' wetland which was all filled in due to greed and shortsightedness.  Sad!

The natureal environment here would lend itself to rich vegeataion and beauty if they let it but everything is ripped down, paved an covered in concrete. Phuket has 200 times the beauty because they didn't rip away what the tourists came here for - lush greenery and good beaches.  Even Bangkok looks like an oasis comparted to Pattaya.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Not that I disagree with any of the posters above, but it's still better than nothing.

Better than brothels pretending to be bars, massage joints pretending to offer massage and the whole town pretending there is no prostitution there ????

1 hour ago, Senechal said:

I promise you there won't be a single trash bin anywhere to be seen.

What,!!!!!   open your eyes man, 

it's right smack in the middle of the park.  LOL.

TIT.

Edited by Orinoco

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

2 things I notice from these pictures.....

#1.......Zero park benches.......

#2....Zero Shade trees........

As I was fully expecting loads of Palm trees.....

They LOVE LOVE LOVE palm trees and plant them everywhere these days.....And they HATE HATE HATE shade trees and cut them down at every opportunity.......

Also  they really really Hate park benches too......

Amen to that. Here is photo of last time they mucked up beach road I came across today...

10151840629833361.jpg

• Like 1