Sent Cash to Wrong Person - Krung Thai

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Relax. Sit in a chair and see if you can see a palm tree in the sunshine.

I've done the same with an internet service payment using the wrong code as I was wearing the wrong glasses.

Good advice, thanks. I guess I'll call the bank when I have time. 

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Can you prove you didn't owe the recipient 600 baht? I'd simply forget it.

No. I did think at the time it wasn't wise and asked my wife to message the teacher to check the name, but decided the risk was worth it. At the end of the day, paying 600 or 1200 for books makes no difference to me.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I just sent cash to the wrong person due to my wife's mistake.

Not a lot, 600 baht, which is not worth my time going to the bank and waiting for an hour.

Is there anything I can do from home to correct this or cancel the transaction?

You cannot "cancel" the transaction as it is already in the recipients account.  Your bank can contact that person (if it's their customer also) or the other bank, and tell them the mistake but they cannot be forced to send money to you if they don't want to.   

• Like 2

If that person is rich, he might return the money back to you. If not, then consider it as a donation since you are too lazy to go to the bank which will require several trips.

I hope the wrong account is my bank account.....

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Did the transfer show the name of a recipient?

We have transferred money to the wrong account number before, but the account number did not exist.

The money was automatically reversed and it appeared back in it account a few days later.

The OP transfered the money to a real account number, didn't he?

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

If that person is rich, he might return the money back to you. If not, then consider it as a donation since you are too lazy to go to the bank which will require several trips.

I hope the wrong account is my bank account.....

Going to his bank wouldn't help him get money out of someone else's account without the recipients authority.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Going to his bank wouldn't help him get money out of someone else's account without the recipients authority.

True but you still have to make a physical appearance and sign a form for the request and bring original passport along.

They won't entertain phone call requests.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

We had it happen and we asked the bank about it,they told us we need a police report

first and then come back.

Few hundred baht,not worth the time,i will doubledouble check next time.

I never send large amounts online anyway.

14 minutes ago, blackcab said:

We have transferred money to the wrong account number before, but the account number did not exist.

The money was automatically reversed and it appeared back in it account a few days later.

Fwiw, I think the system has 'improved' now, where the money will not even leave your acc if it's an invalid acc number.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

How did you sent the money?

Using internet banking it is about checking NUMBER NUMBER NUMBER.

After entering bank and account number, the name of the recipient will be shown.

Names are just a second check for me.

I and my wife check the bank and the number a couple of times. 

Definitely correct and actually when my wife sent the cash from her phone, the correct name appeared, very strange. 

• Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You say that you and your wife checked the details and sent the money to the correct bank, the correct account number and the correct name?   You also said this in the OP...

"I just sent cash to the wrong person due to my wife's mistake".

Both can't be true, can they?

You can't read.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Just called the bank and they said I need to get a report from the police station and then take it to the bank. It could also be done online, but still need the police report. 

Some lucky person just got 671 baht ???? 

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

Yes, a name did appear. The problem was that the actual name of the account was the name of my daughter's school and her year + M3, no actual name and I took the risk. 

• Confused 1

When one signs up for online or app usage there are terms and conditions attached. All of mine clearly state that it is my responsibility to ensure correct information, thus no help from bank when mistakes are made.