Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

Apologies if this has been covered before but a stroke has left me severely disabled and makes it very hard to use the  search function. About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed as having an enlarged prostate. I am currently being treated as an outpatient at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital but still have to pee every hour or two.

 

I have seen on Face book a drug Postogenix which claims to solve prostate problems more or less overnight. Naturally, I am very sceptical about this but has anyone here heard about this so called wonder drug and actually tried it? I shall ask the doctor treating me when I see him again next month though it seems that they cannot send this drug to Thailand. Maybe Thai Customs suspect that this is a scam?

 

Thanks,

 

Alan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you serious? You need to get better informed .

These things usually work themselves out.

It's usually best to just ignore prostate problems.

23 minutes ago, fifelad55 said:

I am currently being treated as an outpatient at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

And what does the urologist say?

Are you on medication for BPH (enlarged prostate)?

If so, what medication?

 

This "ProstaGenix" is one of probably hundreds of (herbal)supplement products.

Main susbstance is Beta-Sitosterol found in many others.

I don't give a judgement on that.

But with your heavy symptoms (every 2 hours? even in the night?) I doubt it will work wonders.

 

Wait for more response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, fifelad55 said:

it seems that they cannot send this drug to Thailand. Maybe Thai Customs suspect that this is a scam?

I  had two small shipments from "PipingRock" (USA) without a problem (Beta-Sitosterol among them).

Plenty of stuff, comparably cheap.

Strictly it is import to be licensed but for small personal quantities it goes through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fifelad55 said:

Postogenix which claims to solve prostate problems more or less overnight.

....and do you seriously think if that were the case everyman and his dog (over 60....and 10 dog years?) would not be taking it.......?

 

Originally all we had was herbs........the herbs that worked we now call medicines......the rest are just that....herbs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prostate issues doesn't mean prostate cancer, although of course, it is wise to have your PSA value and trends monitored regularly.

 

I have had an enlarged prostate for at least 15 years.  Sometimes I pee every hour, sometimes I almost can't pee at all !  My symptoms haven't changed in 15 years.  The symptoms are easily manageable and I see no reason to take any medication.  I eat a healthy diet and get lots of exercise, and my prostate seems happy with that 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prostate problems do not "work themselves out" on their own.

 

The correct spelling is ProstaGenix. And the main ingrediant is beta-sitosterol. There are many brands of that around; this particular high priced product just adds a bunch of minerals and vitamins to it to justify a separate patent.

 

It will definitely not effect a cure and is not a "wonder drug". but it gives some symptomatic relief to some people.  See https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10796740/

 

If you want to try beta-sitosterol, you can get it in Thailand from Shoppee or order from iHerb

https://shopee.co.th/Source-Naturals-Mega-Strength-Beta-Sitosterol-375-mg-120-Tablets-i.36735443.1705782635

https://th.iherb.com/search?kw=Beta+Sitosterol&gclid=CjwKCAjw-e2EBhAhEiwAJI5jg9NPMB_gJNH2Wj9RQ3jq9SA9sIyet5GrjehZOL5ptEPBGqh1Gqau6xoCimcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

 

This aside, it does not sound like your condition is being managed very well and I suggest you change urologists or at least get another opinion. there are many different drug combinations that can be tried.

 

Who are you seeing at BPH? And how long have you been on your current medications? Is the urologist aware that your symptoms have not improved?

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Poet said:


These things usually work themselves out.

Yeah, just after you die with prostate cancer.    🙄

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Forget it. Not a single hit on a Google search. 

Exactly what I found -hence my sceptism. 

 

Alan

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

at 1bht/2mg tablet

Very cheap! Here pay 7 Baht at the pharmacy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fifelad55 said:

I have seen on Face book a drug Postogenix which claims to solve prostate problems more or less overnight.

I've tried just about every known and "unknown" herb and whatever for BPH, and I have found that Beta Sitosterol seems to work for me. I should say that it works well enough for me not to have to worry about peeing a lot during the day, and probably getting up just once a night on occasion for a toilet visit.

 

IMO this is a very overpriced supplement, which includes a few other ingredients which have on occasion been touted to help those with BPH.

 

I have only just this month ordered a combination of Beta Sitosterol and other plant sterols in one capsule from iHerb, to replace the batch that I have almost finished, to see how this one compares to the ones I have been taking.

 

I've been soldiering on with BPH and Beta Sitosterol for a few years now and will probably end up having some sort of procedure done on the prostate, although I have already had a TURP, although for now I'm managing it.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Prostate problems do not "work themselves out" on their own.

 

The correct spelling is ProstaGenix. And the main ingrediant is beta-sitosterol. There are many brands of that around; this particular high priced product just adds a bunch of minerals and vitamins to it to justify a separate patent.

 

It will definitely not effect a cure and is not a "wonder drug". but it gives some symptomatic relief to some people.  See https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10796740/

 

If you want to try beta-sitosterol, you can get it in Thailand from Shoppee or order from iHerb

https://shopee.co.th/Source-Naturals-Mega-Strength-Beta-Sitosterol-375-mg-120-Tablets-i.36735443.1705782635

https://th.iherb.com/search?kw=Beta+Sitosterol&gclid=CjwKCAjw-e2EBhAhEiwAJI5jg9NPMB_gJNH2Wj9RQ3jq9SA9sIyet5GrjehZOL5ptEPBGqh1Gqau6xoCimcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

 

This aside, it does not sound like your condition is being managed very well and I suggest you change urologists or at least get another opinion. there are many different drug combinations that can be tried.

 

Who are you seeing at BPH? And how long have you been on your current medications? Is the urologist aware that your symptoms have not improved?

 

 

 

I only recently changed to BPH from Rayong as living in Ban Chang, it is easier to get to Pattaya now that the new motorway is open. I don't know the name of the urologist and as I am in a wheelchair, I leave the control of all medication to my wife. I have an appointment to see the urologist some time next month so I'll bring up the lack of improvement. Last night wasn't too bad. I had a pee just before going to bed around 9.40 pm As peeing into a bottle at night is nopt convenient, I have to wear a nappy. I first woke up around 01.15 but fell asleep again until about 02.45when I called my carer to change my nappy. I then slept till around 04.00 before waking up for a pee and again around 06.30 before getting up to get washed around 8.00

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fifelad55 said:

Exactly what I found -hence my sceptism. 

 

Alan

As written I suspect "Postogenix" is a misspelling.

-> "ProstaGenix"?

Can you confirm?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

As written I suspect "Postogenix" is a misspelling.

-> "ProstaGenix"?

Can you confirm?

I think you're right. I was typing from memory but regardless I am far from convinced that it's as good as claimed though a surprising number of people give it a great review. I do wonder how many of these are fake !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fifelad55 said:

I do wonder how many of these are fake !

I wonder whether all these celebrities know about their names being used.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You could talk to your doctor about Silodosin, sold here under the name of Urif. I take it occasionally when my dick plays up, but it does seem to lower my blood pressure so I don't like to take it often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poet said:

It's usually best to just ignore prostate problems.

Are you basing this comment on personal experience?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just seen the post from Sheryl, and she did mention in her post one that I actually order from iHerb, called "Source Naturals, Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol" 120 tablets at 375 mg per tablet.

 

I had to order an alternative product because they seem to quite frequently run out of this particular product, and in the past I have managed also to get it from Healthpost NZ, and the post seems a little faster from NZ than the US.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fifelad55 said:

About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed as having an enlarged prostate.

I take it biopsies have been done? Has your PSA level been checked?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...