Phuket to open to fully vaccinated, COVID-19 free foreign tourists without quarantine in July

snoop1130

Firstly have to treat foreigners with respect, secondly not to fine foreigners at home socially distant with fines for having a civilised drink, thirdly most countries require their citizens to quarantine after returning from Thailand. Respectfully strongly recommend expedite vaccination programme all of Thailand and hope and pray Indian variant does not enter Thailand   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The TAT aims to attract 129,000 visitors to Thailand in the third quarter of this year, through the “Phuket Sandbox” project, where fully vaccinated tourists, who have tested negative for COVID-19, can visit Phuket for a minimum period of seven days, before travelling to other provinces with airports, TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said today (Thursday).

Travel outside of Phuket after 7 days to areas where people have not been vaccinated... Jeez

that'll pull them in.

129,000 in the 3rd quarter... must be on  some weird stuff?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

fortunately, it's not the decision for the TAT to make. Ontario (CDN) stopped the AZ vax yesterday, finding 1 in 60,000 people experiencing the blot clot issues. That's a far cry from the one in a million chance we heard from the makers. Since this country is banking on local production of this in a few months who knows what vaxes and how many may be available down the road. This **** is far from over..

My friends/family in the UK have said AZ vaccine is used for older generation 50+ as they seem to have a stronger immune system and don' t get complications, the younger generation are getting Pfizer.

Thailand it's going to be AZ or nothing by the look of things.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, paahlman said:

No. You can stay wherever you like.. In a house or in a hotel.. You follow the same restrictions as the other locals, but you cant leave the province for 7 days.. Easy.

What's your source? That other newspaper quoted 120 to 150 k travel packages for a week. 

The chances of tourists booking a 1k a night guest house for 7 days and then claiming the free 2k (TAT promotion) to <deleted> off to Bangkok is a big fat zero 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shuya said:

What will they be allowed to do? Stay inside the hotel room 24 hours a day, by themself, not drinking alcohol, not meeting anyone and eating krapaow to prevent covid? That island is dead.

I dont know! maybe, they can play with TAG girls, sunbathe, eat raw prawns and som tum?

I sure hope they don't catch covid from a Burmese beach worker, as catching covid whilst vaccinated is a factually happening, although they say you don't get very sick.

Then upon their return home they ,(if testing positive or not for c19) will most likely be required to complete 14 days quarantine in their home country, and di di di---- wait for it----pay for it at their own expense.

Lets see

Airfare 2k quid (covid special fare)

Hotel 50k Baht with discount.

Food on the beach 5000 Baht

accessories 30,000 Baht

Quarantine 2k quid

Maybe end up at 6k quid for 2 weeks on the beach and two weeks at home in quarantine.

Whoppee I think I will fly down to Rio. 

5 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I dont know! maybe, they can play with TAG girls, sunbathe, eat raw prawns and som tum?

I sure hope they don't catch covid from a Burmese beach worker, as catching covid whilst vaccinated is a factually happening, although they say you don't get very sick.

Then upon their return home they ,(if testing positive or not for c19) will most likely be required to complete 14 days quarantine in their home country, and di di di---- wait for it----pay for it at their own expense.

Lets see

Airfare 2k quid (covid special fare)

Hotel 50k Baht with discount.

Food on the beach 5000 Baht

accessories 30,000 Baht

Quarantine 2k quid

Maybe end up at 6k quid for 2 weeks on the beach and two weeks at home in quarantine.

Whoppee I think I will fly down to Rio. 

You forgot 1k tuk Tuk 200 meters 

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My friends/family in the UK have said AZ vaccine is used for older generation 50+ as they seem to have a stronger immune system and don' t get complications, the younger generation are getting Pfizer.

Thailand it's going to be AZ or nothing by the look of things.

Unfortunately, this may happen more often.

What remains to be seen is what will happen when and if Astra is mass produced in India and Thailand.

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Canada blood clot reactions supposedly 1 in 60,000.

That's not the experience of most /all other countries. Yes there have been some reactions (blood clot) In other countries / to all vaccines, but a long long way less then 1 in 60,000. Is this number correct?

As said, most /all vaccines have experienced some reactions, but what's not stated generally is a profile of the other reactions and their severity / data per country.

Also, re Canada, how quickly were the blood clots reduced/ totally dissolved across the 60,000 (in Canada),  and how many deaths specific to blood clots and specifically caused the AZ vaccine.

Also, what's the data on this point in a profile of other countries.

I've had the AZ vaccine, no reaction whatever. 

Overall there's not enough information. 

In the Canadian context, the event rate appears to be 1 in 250,000 doses. We must keep in mind that these rates include all of the individuals who are eligible to receive the vaccine — which is why they differ between jurisdictions. But it is still important to note that the absolute risk for these events is low.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2021/04/17/understanding-the-blood-clot-issue-behind-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-its-safety.html

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Unfortunately, this may happen more often.

What remains to be seen is what will happen when and if Astra is mass produced in India and Thailand.

The bulk of Thailand will get AZ when Siam Bioscience starts deliveries... that's all Prayuts got planned.

If you survive it, it will be branded as the saviour, if you die it's because you had underlying symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stuarty said:

You don't have to transit through BKK, you can transit through Singapore, and soon more often (than the quasi-commercial flights) through Doha (Qatar) or Dubai (Emirates) and elsewhere etc.

The authorities have said also a few days ago that they may also have a secure terminal in BKK for some passengers transiting from there to Phuket. Wait and see, or book Singapore now.

anyone who books a flight to phuket for this amazing opportunity needs a check up from the neck up!

It aint going to happen!

great way to lose even more money

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

TATs cup over flow with BS again. They are trying to justify their existance and feed propaganda to the people.

Mean while in reality, there will not be any tourists of numbers till maybe the middle of next year. 

Stop the BS about tourists and start thinking about how the country can get back on its feet without tourists. Most other countries have moved on planning their economy without international tourists.

Overall, Thailand has basically failed to manage this Pandemic from the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1