Phuket to open to fully vaccinated, COVID-19 free foreign tourists without quarantine in July

snoop1130

The 28th of June will be my first shot of AZ  !

After that I will book a resort down there in southern Phuket  in advance !

Get my second shot wait a couple of weeks then book Air Asia for a long awaited vacation at the beach !

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

The 28th of June will be my first shot of AZ  !

After that I will book a resort down there in southern Phuket  in advance !

Get my second shot wait a couple of weeks then book Air Asia for a long awaited vacation at the beach !

Be careful the initial plan mentioned what vaccines are allowed and they specifically said 3 months between AZ shots and travel after 14 days. 

16 minutes ago, madmen said:

Be careful the initial plan mentioned what vaccines are allowed and they specifically said 3 months between AZ shots and travel after 14 days. 

They actually said that vaccine not valid until 14 days after 2nd dose and only remains valid for 3 months.

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

They actually said that vaccine not valid until 14 days after 2nd dose and only remains valid for 3 months.

14 days like I said but valid only 3months? That can't be right. So if I leave to go to Vietnam after 3 months I can't go back? 

1 minute ago, madmen said:

14 days like I said but valid only 3months? That can't be right. So if I leave to go to Vietnam after 3 months I can't go back? 

Thats how I understood it. CCSA have no firm data that the vaccine will retain its efficacy for more than 3 months.

However latest data suggests that AZ will retain its efficacy for at least a year. Will the CCSA recognise this data and revise its policy? Who knows? Personally, I receive my second dose on 10th July and am planning to return at the end of July, hopefully via Phuket.

23 minutes ago, polpott said:

Thats how I understood it. CCSA have no firm data that the vaccine will retain its efficacy for more than 3 months.

However latest data suggests that AZ will retain its efficacy for at least a year. Will the CCSA recognise this data and revise its policy? Who knows? Personally, I receive my second dose on 10th July and am planning to return at the end of July, hopefully via Phuket.

I'm on the same timetable as you. Can't find the original thread but who knows what new rules there will be come 1/7

• Like 1

8 hours ago, madmen said:

I'm on the same timetable as you. Can't find the original thread but who knows what new rules there will be come 1/7

Exactly. When I left for the UK last month, it seemed clear that, with both doses of the vaccine, I would be returning to a 7 day quarantine. Now 14 days. 

A week is a long time in Covid world.

21 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I get your point but when it was winter people where really hoping restrictions where lifted here so they could come over to spend the winter here but since summer is starting and the weather starts to get better they don't mind to stay home or closer to home . 

Of course.. I agree with you , but on a whole people on a tight budget will do that, but the rest of europe that hasnt had any possibility to neither travel nor use any of their money for a year are happy to be on the move again. To put it in perspective in my opionion which might be wrong... If 70% do like you say.. There are stil 30% who would like to travel.. Lets say 5% of them do that.. That is still 5% more than nothing.(numbers taken out of thin air..  ;))

On 5/14/2021 at 1:55 AM, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder what they are going to do with the ones who are vaccinated, enter Covid negative, but later found to be Covid positive as has happened in UK, Aust and Canada when in quarantine. It deemed less likely to be severe infection, but possibly still able to transmit.

If so its a hospital checkup.. Then if well enough you are released in a forced quarantine (probably to their liking and you have to pay) for 14-15-16 nights like now.

1 hour ago, paahlman said:

Of course.. I agree with you , but on a whole people on a tight budget will do that, but the rest of europe that hasnt had any possibility to neither travel nor use any of their money for a year are happy to be on the move again. To put it in perspective in my opionion which might be wrong... If 70% do like you say.. There are stil 30% who would like to travel.. Lets say 5% of them do that.. That is still 5% more than nothing.(numbers taken out of thin air..  ;))