Does anyone know if Immigration at Chaengwattana is open and issuing re-entry visas as usual?

Can anyone help with finding out if Immigration is open and it is possible to get a reentry visa for someone on residency visa.

We have tried and tried to phone Thai Immigration but no one picks up. We have also tried the web site and that doesn’t seem to work very well either.

Appreciate your help.

Have not heard anything about it being shut down. I'd assume it's a go, to head out there and get one. I would also assume there are not many folks waiting to get one there. But you can make an appointment online to apply for a re-entry permit at CW and that will make it breeze.

11 hours ago, ABCbangkok said:

We are heading out tomorrow morning.

It's only when you exit Thailand and want to keep the permission to stay from your current Visa/extension 'alive' that a Re-Entry Permit is needed. 

Be aware that you can also get the Re-Entry Permit in the departure hall of the main Thai international airports.  So you might save yourself the trip to CW, and simply buy it at Suvarnabumi when exiting Thailand.
In the current situation with re-entry restrictions, it's not worth buying a Multiple-Entry Re-Entry Permit (3.900 THB) as you will almost certainly won't make multiple re-entries on your current permission to stay.  So better to buy a Single-Entry Re-Entry Permit (1.000 THB).

As expected nonsense at Immigration.

Given form to Fill in. Showed up on time at “Re-entry” desk (C2) per App and confirmation. Told to wait. Then told was at wrong counter as I have residency visa! Told when using app should have clicked ‘Endorsement’. Endorsement??? Made no sense (par for the culture)

Given two other forms to fill in. Also charged for Single Entry 3800. (Their explanation is that Residents pay more than Tourist Single Entry). Not aware of this as usually it’s multi entry at 5700 baht. 

(It’s not the way just foreigners are treated. It’s the way all people are treated here.)

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Be aware that you can also get the Re-Entry Permit in the departure hall of the main Thai international airports.  So you might save yourself the trip to CW, and simply buy it at Suvarnabumi when exiting Thailand.

Thanks for this but I don’t believe it applies for those with Residency Visa (white book). Go figure. (I could be wrong though as the system follows the weather).

23 minutes ago, ABCbangkok said:

Given form to Fill in. Showed up on time at “Re-entry” desk (C2) per App and confirmation. Told to wait. Then told was at wrong counter as I have residency visa! Told when using app should have clicked ‘Endorsement’. Endorsement??? Made no sense (par for the culture)

Given two other forms to fill in. Also charged for Single Entry 3800. (Their explanation is that Residents pay more than Tourist Single Entry). Not aware of this as usually it’s multi entry at 5700 baht. 

In your first post you did not not mention you have permanent residency. There is actually no residency visa that exists and those that replied before thought you meant you had a extension of stay.

You apply for a non quota immigrant visa and the a re-entry permit for it.

4 minutes ago, ABCbangkok said:

Thanks for this but I don’t believe it applies for those with Residency Visa (white book). Go figure. (I could be wrong though as the system follows the weather).

You cannot get a re-entry permit for permanent residency anywhere but at a immigration office.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ABCbangkok said:

That is not a official immigration website.

This from the bottom of that page. image.png.1ec943d7d9b9edbd973adc501a2b6311.png

5 minutes ago, ABCbangkok said:

Please go back and read first sentence. You will see it says residency visa. 

As I wrote before a residency visa in reality doesn't exist.

This from the top of the TM9 application form.

image.png.3c61cdd883ebc10b28aacec5cf8c8c8f.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you can obtain reentry permit at the airport. Very simple process.

Saves trip to immigration.

Quick reminder please, what departure immigration hall is the re-entry permit desk in again?

It's been soooo long...

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Quick reminder please, what departure immigration hall is the re-entry permit desk in again?

It's been soooo long...

Immigration zone 2 after security check prior to passport control.

• Like 1