Continuing Education Marriage Visa

Is it possible to attend university here in Thailand if I already have a Non-O Immigrant visa based on marriage, or does this have to be changed to a ED visa? 

And what if I'm working under the Non-O? 

Surely the university can't force me to change to a ED visa, or can they? 

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A non-ed visa is not required to attend any school. It can be done with any permit to stay.

You can also do it if you are working.

The university is saying "all successful candidates who become a new student MUST require or change VISA type to non-immigrant ED"

I found it odd for them to say this considering they are one of the top universities in the nation. 

Edited by lucky2008

38 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

The university is saying "all successful candidates who become a new student MUST require or change VISA type to non-immigrant ED"

It is certainly not required by any governmental rule or regulation.

The only reason most people get a non-ed visa and then a extension is to get a longer stay in the country.

I am aware of people on retirement extensions that are attending a school.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 6:37 PM, lucky2008 said:

I found it odd for them to say this considering they are one of the top universities in the nation. 

I guess most of the foreign students arrive here on short term visa/ permit to stay and what the university means is that once accepted they should change that to a long stay visa/ permit and ED is what most of them go for. As mentioned above is correct. ED is NOT a must in order to study

• Like 2