How to prepare a visa application - visitor visa to UK

Hi

I have asked before about this Visa and I'm confused with it but my girlfriend has went and paid and the agent in Bangkok (Name removed)       their total fee is about 12000 thb which isn't bad compared to Siam legal etc who charge significantly more.        The visa agent seems to want me to send everything to my girlfriend and prepare everything myself and then send everything in PDF to the visa office is this the right way to go. ?????         I want to leave my girlfriend out of this I know it's her application what she doesn't have a clue and how to go about it and to be honest neither do I.     

Surely I can just email my passport stamps and rental agreement and invitation letter etc to the agent directly  ?      I told my partner to hold off because of the covert situation in Thailand I reckon the British  home office will be strict now even more so than in the past but because of this scenario in Thailand and she is out of work as are many many thais,     she went ahead and paid the visa office half of the sum ????????
 could anyone advise step-by-step what to do do in my situation

thanks in advance ????????????

--
Edited by theoldgit
Visa Consultant name removed

Unfortunately if you've already paid the agent, you're, or rather your girlfriend is, in their hands now.   Only you can provide the documentary evidence of your relationship, earnings, accommodation etc., so yes you'll have to send it to the agent as requested.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

I've removed the name of the Consultants your girlfriend has used, save to say I've never heard of them.
It's a shame that after all the advice you'd received your girlfriend decided to go it alone, maybe she didn't like "being kept out of it".
If you want to go ahead with this company you have no other option than to provide what they want, however you have no control over what they do with the information, or indeed that of your girlfriend.
If I were in your position I'd be cutting my/her losses and pulling the plug, but I have an inkling that may not be acceptable to your girlfriend.

I did this with then G/f , now wife, and embassy officer told my g/f "if you tell the truth, and are eligible for a visa, you will get a visa.  If you tell lies, you will not"

Very true, she was given  a visa and cam to England as planned.  Hear from others applying and asking my advice that the best way to get refused is to make up stories.  I/O has hear it all before, and can recognise a 'bar girl' or casual pick-up at 100 paces.  I/O told me her biggest problem was visa applications from 'sex tourists' who want to marry the first bar girls they meet.  She knows that relationship is most likely doomed and would like to stop it, but has to apply the rules.

What she is looking for is a long nd stable relationship to a holiday fling

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tony M said:

With respect, you are wrong on a few  points. 

When you say  "I would very much doubt that any agent would refuse any applications even if they felt they would fail." you are certainly wrong.  Do you have evidence to back up such a statement ? Not all agents are the same. If you use an agent who is registered with the OISC, and there is at least one in Pattaya, Thailand, then he is obliged to tell you if he believes that the application will fail. He will even put it in writing, as he is obliged to do by the OISC.

When you say "Why pay someone to do something that you can do yourself?",  Just because you managed to successfully do the applications for one person doesn't make you an experienced advisor, nor does it mean that everyone is able to successfully put together a good visa application. I'm not even sure why you are in this forum if you believe that some people don't need advice, and the only advice that you can give is "The applicant or the sponsor simply has to follow the requirements and hand over/upload the proof.

When you say "All the agents do is check the paperwork" how would you know what they do ? I will give one very recent example of an applicant for a visit visa to visit her British boyfriend. Having been refused four times in less than two years she used an OISC registered visa agent in Pattaya. The visa was issued. I can assure you that the agent did more than "just check the paperwork".  

You are actually correct about VFS, but I have no idea why that is "the most important issue". Can you explain why that is your "opinion" ?  It has nothing whatsoever to do with preparing or submitting a good visa application, so how is it the most important issue ?

My post is based on vast experience of applications. Both my wife's and others I have known.

I have know applications being done by agents that clearly won't work and haven't. The agent did not advise as such.

I had no experience prior to my wife's first application. I found the process simple to follow. Anyone who does not....well.

My opinion is just that. Again, from experience. I have known applicants to be talked out of sending certain parts of an application by VFS staff.

Applications are only refused if they are incomplete. That person you know who was refused 4 times obviously made mistake. The agent rectified those mistakes by "checking the paperwork". Something the applicant or sponsor could have done by reading through the checklist on UKVI website.

I am on the forum to give my opinions and hopefully help others. There is a vast difference between asking for help and employing an agent.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, puchooay said:

My post is based on vast experience of applications. Both my wife's and others I have known.

I have know applications being done by agents that clearly won't work and haven't. The agent did not advise as such.

I had no experience prior to my wife's first application. I found the process simple to follow. Anyone who does not....well.

My opinion is just that. Again, from experience. I have known applicants to be talked out of sending certain parts of an application by VFS staff.

I am on the forum to give my opinions and hopefully help others. There is a vast difference between asking for help and employing an agent.

Well, I won't even bother to pick apart every one of your responses.  Your vast experience ? I guess that is again your "opinion", offered without any evidence.

And your patronising attitude to those who don't find "the process simple to follow "-  "Anyone who does not....well." That just about sums up your contribution to this post.

As I said, if people use an OISC registered agent, then they will receive a good service.  Certainly better value than your "opinion"  and "help", even though you have self-proclaimed vast experience.

never used an agent for UK Visas and Schengen visas for my wife and Mother in Law, just read was required and applied , everytime when applying from Thailand everything was okay.

Only once have I had a refusal in 20 applications, this was for a EU Family Permit to the UK for my wife (applied from Germany), due to the fact that we could not prove I worked in Europe however, appealled and was overturned due to the fact that someone did not understand the rules pertaining to Article 20 EU Residence Permits.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony M said:

Well, I won't even bother to pick apart every one of your responses.  Your vast experience ? I guess that is again your "opinion", offered without any evidence.

And your patronising attitude to those who don't find "the process simple to follow "-  "Anyone who does not....well." That just about sums up your contribution to this post.

As I said, if people use an OISC registered agent, then they will receive a good service.  Certainly better value than your "opinion"  and "help", even though you have self-proclaimed vast experience.

Thanks for your "opinion". It is duly noted.

Just because my opinion and your opinion differ, it does not make me wrong.

I did offer evidence by way of experience. 

I'm not patronising either. I truly believe the application process, for visitor visa at least, is very simple. 

Funds, proof of relationship, reason to return to Thailand. That is about it.

Only those that cannot provide the above will be refused. Contrary to popular opinion, UKVI do not refuse correct applications just because they feel like it.

My opinion is, and always will be, there is no need for an agent. That is help that some people will like. Others will not. Like I said, just because you don't like it, does not make me wrong or my help worthless. In fact it makes it better value as it is free. Unlike an agent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

Thanks for your "opinion". It is duly noted.

Just because my opinion and your opinion differ, it does not make me wrong.

I did offer evidence by way of experience. 

I'm not patronising either. I truly believe the application process, for visitor visa at least, is very simple. 

Funds, proof of relationship, reason to return to Thailand. That is about it.

Only those that cannot provide the above will be refused. Contrary to popular opinion, UKVI do not refuse correct applications just because they feel like it.

My opinion is, and always will be, there is no need for an agent. That is help that some people will like. Others will not. Like I said, just because you don't like it, does not make me wrong or my help worthless. In fact it makes it better value as it is free. Unlike an agent.

I'm not going to continue this, or the thread will be locked. But anyone who says that the most important part of any visa application is dealing with VFS staff should not, in my opinion, be giving advice to visa applicants. That does indeed make your advice and help worthless.

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

All the agents do is check the paperwork. I would very much doubt that any agent would refuse any applications even if they felt they would fail.

The visa process is quite easy. The UKVI website is fairly straight forward and the requirements are listed. The applicant or the sponsor simply has to follow the requirements and hand over/upload the proof. That is exactly what any agent would do. Why pay someone to do something that you can do yourself? 

My wife has applied for and been successful in receiving 2 visitor visas and one settlement visa. All done by simply following the steps set out on the UKVI website.

In my opinion, the most important issue is to make sure your girlfriend/wife/partner does not get embroiled in any discussions with staff at VFS. The application has nothing to do with them. Any questions delving deep into the application should be shrugged off with a smile. 

We are trying to advise on an application to the UK not extensions of stay within Thailand, so I think we can safely ignore your comments in respect of the so called agents who you seem to claim they can circumnavigate Immigration rules.

To be qualified to advise on UK Immigration matters you have to pass a pretty vigourous test, I can assure that requires far more than just checking the paperwork.

I can't say whether a qualified  agent here in Thailand would decline to handle a clearlyt non complient application that had little or no chance of succeding, anyone can call themselves an agent here, especially those that hang around bars in seaside resorts, when they're open, but I pretty confident that qualified agents, and highly experienced posters here, wouldn't do so.

I am pleased to note that your wifes applications were successfull, though not all applicants are the same, some applicantions are quite complex, that's where the services properly qualified and experienced agent can work wonders, where the services of a bar prowler, even with a plush office wouldn't, sadly anyone in Thailand can call themselves an agent.

I do agree that applicants shouldn't get embroiled in discussions with some VFS staff, a point the VFS site makes clear, and in any case with applications and supporting evidence being uploaded online, such pressure shouldn't be an issue.

Can we now please concentrate on addressing the OP's concerns.      

• Like 2