COVID-19 vaccination free of charge to all foreign nationals in Chiang Mai Province

PFV

Interesting. They are going to vaccinate foreign nationals before Thais and free of charge.

Will only order the vaccine when those interested have registered and it will probably be in June 2021 and only Chiang Mai?

Walks like a duck etc, but then again it may be true.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brommers said:

I will wait for a good quality vaccine, thank you.

And you are an expert on vaccines?

What I tell my patients and family members is to take whatever vaccine you can get. They’re all highly effective. You can’t really make any discernment from one to another.”

Mark Mulligan, MD
Professor at NYU Grossman School of Medicine and director of the NYU Langone Vaccine Center

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Thanks for this...I’m going to follow up on this one!

It actually makes good sense to me so I’ll take it at face value...we’ll see!

I haven’t seen anything proof (just “opinions”)on whether one vaccine is better than another or safer as the case may be!

A certain percentage of people react badly to flu shots and some are allergic to penicillins etc. so that doesn’t figure into it at all for me!

Cheers

17 minutes ago, Kanada said:

Thanks for this...I’m going to follow up on this one!

It actually makes good sense to me so I’ll take it at face value...we’ll see!

I haven’t seen anything proof (just “opinions”)on whether one vaccine is better than another or safer as the case may be!

A certain percentage of people react badly to flu shots and some are allergic to penicillins etc. so that doesn’t figure into it at all for me!

Cheers

Done...I checked the site or email address and confirmed legit then sent them the info with a request to confirm receipt...didn’t take two minutes! We’ll see what happens from here????

24 minutes ago, Kanada said:

Done...I checked the site or email address and confirmed legit then sent them the info with a request to confirm receipt...didn’t take two minutes! We’ll see what happens from here????

How did you confirm that it's legit?

7 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

At this point somewhat hesitant to send my passport information to a "hotmail.com" email address?  

I noticed that too but Googled the email address and it seems legit.

Hotmail addresses are by the millions and free so...?!

There will always be a reason not to do something????

ive already sent mine in...we’ll see what happens....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

How did you confirm that it's legit?

Checked the email address and who it’s registered to...then checked them and reversed

seems legit enough and that’s all you can do!

Good to be careful but not everything is a conspiracy !

Dont be overwhelmed by those on here that are sure that every Govt in the world is conspiring to control them...you just miss too much????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kanada said:

Checked the email address and who it’s registered to...then checked them and reversed

seems legit enough and that’s all you can do!

There is no way to confirm who an hotmail email address is registered to.

If I look this email up on Google I only see posts which copied the same "news", not a single official Thai government website though.

I'm not saying that it's fake news, but it could be. After 8am when the government starts to work we can call an independent government number and really confirm it.

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

[email protected] seems to be the official email for the  Chiang Mai Covid vaccinaion program. 

I just sent an email to the email address in the first post. Why is there a different email address from yours?

What's the difference between the two?

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I know enough to make an informed decision. The Chinese one has no credibility because it has no published stage 3 results and very indifferent so called efficacy. The Astra Zeneca vaccine was withdrawn in South Africa because it is ineffective against their variant which is now found worldwide. So it is my informed decision to only accept a vaccine that is credible & highly effective, for which I will pay. Everyone rlse is free to take whatever risks & decisions they wish to. As I said, I will no be joining this queue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Everybody should have the right to order what vaccine they want. Each of us did our own research as to the best vaccine for us. 

We might not agree with one another on which vaccine is suitable but we have the right to choose what we like for our own body.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I tried calling the given landline number, which seems to be an official number because it's also found here: https://www.chiangmaihealth.go.th/cmpho_web/contact.php

But currently nobody is answering the phone, I will try again later.

you might give them time to get to work and have their coffee first.. it is not even 9 a.m.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

and if I wait long enough, and everyone is already vaccinated - then I won't need one - right?

If you wait long enough, you might even catch the real virus instead of the dead virus.

It's up to one's choice whether one wants to risk getting infected or not.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

if someone told me...

falang, you will be injected with something crazy from china and it might be bad for you.... but might be good for you......

i would say, "Never!!!  Freedom!!  It's my body!!!"  

instead......i will take the shot.   i am weak, downtrodden, lazy.....

use my body for science.....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, brommers said:

I know enough to make an informed decision. The Chinese one has no credibility because it has no published stage 3 results and very indifferent so called efficacy. The Astra Zeneca vaccine was withdrawn in South Africa because it is ineffective against their variant which is now found worldwide. So it is my informed decision to only accept a vaccine that is credible & highly effective, for which I will pay. Everyone rlse is free to take whatever risks & decisions they wish to. As I said, I will no be joining this queue.

Noted ????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If you wait long enough, you might even catch the real virus instead of the dead virus.

It's up to one's choice whether one wants to risk getting infected or not.

sort of like being the last soldier to die in the war... that is a concern... 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jackdd said:

There is no way to confirm who an hotmail email address is registered to.

If I look this email up on Google I only see posts which copied the same "news", not a single official Thai government website though.

I'm not saying that it's fake news, but it could be. After 8am when the government starts to work we can call an independent government number and really confirm it.

Checked the phone number too and it’s legit...just watch and see how many will look at this and think of a reason to do nothing ...but then each to their own!

13 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

if someone told me...

falang, you will be injected with something crazy from china and it might be bad for you.... but might be good for you......

i would say, "Never!!!  Freedom!!  It's my body!!!"  

instead......i will take the shot.   i am weak, downtrodden, lazy.....

use my body for science.....

but falang....no one has told you that...don’t get caught up in the BS  opinions of those who will do nothing????

Lead.... follow or get out of the way!!

• Like 1