Thailand grants emergency use approval for Moderna COVID-19 vaccine - official

webfact

On 5/13/2021 at 1:44 PM, Fex Bluse said:

These morons are are perpetually Kate to the party. 

I got this vaccine in February that was 40.day.s after it was approved UK and USA have been using for over 5 months. NOW WHY THE LONG DELAY IN THAILAND now lets have all the excuses why they did not approve, ?oh was it raining 

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2021 at 6:46 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

If we don't have any flip-flop statements,  we could see Moderna available in Thailand before the end of the month. 

Try October.

Thailand is basically doing nothing different, schedule wise, than they were two months ago. What is new and very effective, produce a new carrot on a string every day. Keep everyone jumping at it, but in a perpetual state of hopeful confusion regarding the specifics of the vaccine rollout and Bob's your uncle.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, MasterBaker said:

what's the point to approve something already approved for use in every country? chaaaa-ching!

Coz the Thais know sooo much more about everything, and bcoz they have committees, sub-committees, and meetings to keep the elites wages coming in, as with marijuana oil, etc. yep cha-ching, and those nasty foreigners can't make anything better than Thais, don't you know.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Susco said:

Only because that are the 3 vaccines approved by your super home country.

If ever there was an example of being brainwashed

Ummm....those are the 3 best jabs so far.  Russia's seems to be very good, but lack of clinical trial data is an issue.

Pfizer partnered with a German company for the jab.  So maybe Germany is a super home country?

Not sure what you're on about.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, riclag said:

My wife's cousin just started working for a private hospital up here in Sakon Nakhon !

She called her today to ask about the Moderna ! They said you have to make a appointment and make a deposit  of 4k bht ,for a December shot !

https://www.facebook.com/raksakolhospital/

Just contacted the hospital in the link above!

They want the money up front !They don't guaranty your money back in the event they can't get the vaccine in December !

However they will let you use it for other services within a one year period 5555 !

Ouch ! I don't know if I want to commit to this contractual nonsense ! They have a deadline to sign up , of May 18 !

PS ! I have already made a appointment with the village DR to get a vaccine ! But he wouldn't say which one, even though I requested AZ  

Stuck between the hard rock again !

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, riclag said:

Just contacted the hospital in the link above!

They want the money up front !They don't guaranty your money back in the event they can't get the vaccine in December !

However they will let you use it for other services within a one year period 5555 !

Ouch ! I don't know if I want to commit to this contractual nonsense ! They have a deadline to sign up , of May 18 !

PS ! I have already made a appointment with the village DR to get a vaccine ! But he wouldn't say which one, even though I requested AZ  

Stuck between the hard rock again !

Has anybody signed up for the M shot at one of these Privacy Hospitals yet? Can you share your story ! 

On 5/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, MasterBaker said:

what's the point to approve something already approved for use in every country? chaaaa-ching!

Because the legislation in each country requires the Food and Drug Administration or its equivalent to give the approval, as happened in the US, UK Australia etc etc.

19 hours ago, Selatan said:

Best performing vaccines? Against which variant? Against all variants? Didn't you read the news about Singapore's latest lockdown?

Singapore announces new restrictions after vaccinated airport workers become infected.

19 out of 28! Looks more like having an efficiency rate below 0% to me.

I can't and won't speak for Singapore and also how soon after these folks were inoculated they contracted the virus, but this I can say: if you choose to go with the Chinese vaccine or AZ over Moderna or Pfizer, go ahead, it's your choice. The US is doing quite well with mostly the Moderna vaccine being used. In nearly all areas of the US where the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine has been administered, new cases and death rates have dropped dramatically and stayed low. Further, to draw your statistical conclusion from an isolated incident in Singapore, well you go ahead and go with that if it pleases you.

7 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

OK with me if you’d like to prove your point by taking a SinoVac shot.

I'm gonna try to order a couple of gallons of the Sinovac vaccine...as a possible alternative to my current radiator antifreeze.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WingFat said:

I'm gonna try to order a couple of gallons of the Sinovac vaccine...as a possible alternative to my current radiator antifreeze.

Sinovac and AZ will keep you out of the ICU with a tube jammed down your throat.  Not bad, IMHO.

5 minutes ago, patman30 said:

again
such a short period and small sample group
is NOT "nomral protocol"
there is also a 2 year follow up period
what was finished was the first interim of the trial

"The first interim analysis of our global Phase 3 study"

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

*  no need for giant fonts.

PFIZER AND BIONTECH CONCLUDE PHASE 3 STUDY OF COVID-19 VACCINE CANDIDATE, MEETING ALL PRIMARY EFFICACY ENDPOINTS

Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced that, after conducting the final efficacy analysis in their ongoing Phase 3 study, their mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate, BNT162b2, met all of the study’s primary efficacy endpoints. Analysis of the data indicates a vaccine efficacy rate of 95% (p<0.0001) in participants without prior SARS-CoV-2 infection (first primary objective) and also in participants with and without prior SARS-CoV-2 infection (second primary objective), in each case measured from 7 days after the second dose. The first primary objective analysis is based on 170 cases of COVID-19, as specified in the study protocol, of which 162 cases of COVID-19 were observed in the placebo group versus 8 cases in the BNT162b2 group. Efficacy was consistent across age, gender, race and ethnicity demographics.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

16 minutes ago, patman30 said:

again
such a short period and small sample group
is NOT "nomral protocol"
there is also a 2 year follow up period
what was finished was the first interim of the trial

"The first interim analysis of our global Phase 3 study"

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

*  no need for giant fonts.

Good!  You're starting to get it.  Pfizer applied for full approval and should receive it in a few months.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, Jeffr2 said:

Ummm....those are the 3 best jabs so far.  Russia's seems to be very good, but lack of clinical trial data is an issue.

Pfizer partnered with a German company for the jab.  So maybe Germany is a super home country?

Not sure what you're on about.

Actually, it was the German company - headed by 2 Germans of Turkish extraction - who created the vaccine. Pfizer stepped in because of its manufacturing muscle.

• Thanks 1