To jab or not to jab? Here’s why the answer should always be yes

webfact

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

People need free doughnuts or they will lose interest in the vaccine.......I cant see this being a success without free doughnuts...

Free lottery with a chance to win big in the draw will be a better incentive. This is Thailand afterall. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To get Vaccinated should be the Number One priority on peoples list of things to do.

Why ? . Because if the opportunity is taken now while the Virus is still emerging, then there is a good chance that it can be stopped before it can Mutate into something altogether more Sinister than it is now.

Delaying the Vaccinations give the Virus more time to mutate, and in doing so could possibly render all the existing Vaccines useless, or greatly compromised.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, starky said:

At this point it doesn't matter. If you have the time, money, inclination and ability to choose good for you. For the rest of the world who has no choice we need to get everyone vaccinated as quickly as possible with what we have. Once we get into yearly boosters some vaccines will end up being clear winners and then we can huff and puff about what's best. 

Now isn't that time, vaccinating everyone is.

Im no virologist nor epidemiologist but nor are any of the self proclaimed experts of the last 14 months who want to argue effiacy and other things they have read on Dr. Google. Truth is any vaccine atm is more effective than no vaccine and until the real experts argue otherwise ill run with that.

Nothing Chinese Conprendo

3 hours ago, starky said:

It's not an issue apparently I've already had my AZ but now I've become eligible for Pfizer through work.

Im not rushing to have it but I want to be back to Thailand again in October and IF they have dropped the quarantine times for vaccinated arrivals and IF they still have the ridiculous rule about being vaccinated less than 90 days before arriving ill go get some Pfizer in me as well ???? ????????????

No JJ 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Are you claiming asymptomatic COVID infected can't spread the disease?

I thought the entire 'pro-vaxx' lobby stood on the theory you should have the vaccine to protect other people?

Perhaps we should wait until the science is in on that issue. I think the pro-vaxx lobby is also standing on the proposition if you get a vaccine, your probability of having health effects which disable you for months becomes vanishingly small.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catoni said:

For me…it’s the Pfizer-BioNTech.  Already got my first shot last month. 
From what I’ve read from various sources, it’s the most effective, not only against the original, but also effective against the new variants like the British, Brazilian and South African variants. 
  Apparently Pfizer-BioNTech also has less side effects.  In my case just a bit of a sore upper arm muscle for a couple days. No big deal. The Tetanus vaccine and Shingrix vaccine gave me more of a sore upper arm muscle. 
Getting my second dose soon I hope. 

Unfortunately it's looking like Pfizer covid vaccine is less effective against the Indian variant. The recent spike in infection from that variant among inoculated people in Singapore is worrying enough the government just implemented further restrictions for the state city today. 

4 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

Unfortunately it's looking like Pfizer covid vaccine is less effective against the Indian variant. The recent spike in infection from that variant among inoculated people in Singapore is worrying enough the government just implemented further restrictions for the state city today. 

Well, it may be less effective in protecting against effection, but the most important issue is how well it protects one from serious symptoms and death.

So far, there have been no blood clot-related incidents among Thais who have received a COVID jab.

So far mainly the Chinese Sinovac vaccine has been used, it's a different vaccine from the vector-types that AstraZeneca and John & Johnson is based on, and also Russian Sputnik V(ector).

However, the blood clots has mainly be noticed in a relative few cases with mainly younger women, but still both Denmark and Norway has abandoned the vector-vaccines, and a number of European countries only recommend vector-vaccine for elder people.

But genetically vector-vaccines might be a safer in Asia...

“Generally, Thai people’s risk of developing blood clots is about 10 times lower than Westerners, probably due to genetics,” Dr. Pantep said.

24 minutes ago, starky said:

More importantly as long as the tin foil hat brigade makes up less than 25% of the world's population we should all be sweet.

Thailand appears to be mainly offering Sinovac, which is supposed to be a tad over 50% effective.

Using logic, an ability something many pro-vaxxers don't appear to have, if 100% of the population are vaccinated with 50% effective vaccine, essentially 50% of the population are still unprotected so your '75% immunity' can never happen.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1