Worker housing on Chaengwattana rd. closed after nearly 200 occupants contract COVID-19

webfact

185659858_3935594433176099_1291524124603866205_n.jpg

Credit: Laksi District Office Facebook Page

Bangkok’s Laksi district office has ordered the closure of a construction workers’ camp, belonging to Italthai Development Corporation on Chaengwattana road, until further notice, after 196 workers were found to be infected with COVID-19.

The infected workers are among 300 screened by health officials at the site and at the hospital, said Mr. Sombat Kanoktipwan, director of Laksi district office, adding that there are still over 1,300 left to be screened.

All the remaining workers in the camp have been prohibited from leaving the site, as active screening is to be undertaken. The workers were also told to disinfect the site and their lodgings and to dispose garbage and waste water properly.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/worker-housing-on-chaengwattana-rd-closed-after-nearly-200-occupants-contract-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

leaves 1300 to be checked.. i always wonder how slow they do such things. I mean if they have enough tests it should not be a problem to test them all in one day ? Or a few days even but no in Thailand they don't seem to to that. There are 1300 more at risk they should know fast.

I guess they worry about money and high test numbers. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok’s Laksi district office has ordered the closure of a construction workers’ camp,

All the remaining workers in the camp have been prohibited from leaving the site,

Anyone else see a problem here?