AstraZeneca vaccinations to start in Phuket in June

webfact

1620906408_1-org.jpg

Dr Chalermpong Sukontapol. Photo: PR Phuket

The Phuket News

PHUKET: The first people in Phuket to receive the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine under the government’s mass-vaccination campaign will receive their first injection on June 7-8, Vachira Phuket Hospital Dr Chalermpong Sukontapol has confirmed.

“Registered people who are older than 60 years old will get their first injection of the AstraZeneca vaccine on June 7-8,” Dr Chalermpong said, according to a report by the Phuket Provincial Public Relations Office (PR Phuket) posted earlier today (May 13).

Phuket will receive 140,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine in early June, he added.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/astrazeneca-vaccinations-to-start-in-phuket-in-june-79994.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-14

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Let us pray the virus can wait until June the 9th ????

Second week in June for the first shot. A few weeks later for the second shot. The peak in immunity doesn't come for another couple of weeks after that.

Oh, and July 1st opening.

Hopefully they'll get the vaccinations rolled out as quickly as possible, and the first shot will provide a decent level of protection.

Wait for the flip/flop.

June, July, August, Christmas, Easter, Doomsday...

I should not even open any "vaccination starts" news.

Waste of time. Laughing stock.

Again saw some headline "Thai first.., foreigners maybe August"...

• Sad 1

Phuket, which should be rebranded "Amazing Phuket" is an incredible news provider.

The island offers more headlines on a daily basis than the rest of the country!

"Kicking out foreigners who don't..."

"Welcoming foreigners who do..."

"Vaccinating truckloads of locals..."

All in 24 hours!

Wash, rince, repeat...

This news cycle has been going on for months now, and will probably still be live on air one year from now.

Edited by Brunolem
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Smilermike said:

What about Udon/Issaan? No one seems to know anything about vaccines ...unless your Thai. Considering we have the most retiree's in all the provinces

A good point but I suppose the issue in Phuket is that they want to start their sandbox scheme on 1st July and that requires a good vaccination level. Whether that's the best way forward I don't know but I suspect that's the reasoning.

I live in Isaan but it doesn't affect me as I'm in the UK and I've had both shots. The Phuket scheme looks to be my best way  back other than waiting in the hope all quarantine is removed some time in the future

On 5/14/2021 at 3:29 AM, Unify said:

Second week in June for the first shot. A few weeks later for the second shot. The peak in immunity doesn't come for another couple of weeks after that.

Oh, and July 1st opening.

Hopefully they'll get the vaccinations rolled out as quickly as possible, and the first shot will provide a decent level of protection.

They might do well to try spreading the 2 shots by 12 weeks as the UK has done. It seems to have worked pretty well although it might depend on the vaccine type. I think it's been Pfizer and AstraZeneca mostly in the UK so I don't know if the same would work with other vaccines particularly the Chinese and Russian one as they don't seem to have fully tested those yet.