Corrections Dept. claims protest leader ‘Rung’ did not contract COVID-19 in prison

webfact

I’m convinced Thai officials are paid a bonus to give out incorrect information they have no conscience whatsoever and it comes from the very top all the way down it’s time these officials stopped spewing out BS even the Thai public don’t believe what they spew out on a daily basis

• Like 2

It's good to see that Thai Corrections Department has been learning from

some of their inmates.

As every case of covid has to be traced back to the original source

perhaps the department could provide us of their findings.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 4:13 AM, webfact said:

Thailand’s Corrections Department said today (Thursday) that anti-establishment protest leader Panusaya “Rung” Sithijirawattanakul did not contract COVID-19 in detention, after the 22-year-old announced her infection yesterday.

And all those with a yellow silk blouse believe you. But maybe she slipped out to a Hi-So night club. 

On 5/13/2021 at 6:27 PM, Lacessit said:

I do have to wonder why officials feel it necessary to lie, what difference does it make?

It IS interesting isn't it. Note that Rung and Penguin were released shortly before they went on record with the thousands of infected prison inmates. Maybe they are concerned that people will insinuate that they held the demonstrators longer then they should have in order that they become infected? Or that if they were become seriously ill in prison, the government would be blamed?

The length of time that they were held without bail did not seem justified to many. If unjustified, then the prisoners were exposed unnecessarily to Covid through government action.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 11:01 PM, DirtyHarry55 said:

I wasn't expecting to read the words "Protest Leaders" again on TV

B.S. It's only because protest leaders got tested after being released that they found out about the Prison outbreak.

Maybe. Did you read that someplace? My thinking was that they already knew about the prison outbreak and released them because of it, because they were being held without bail without suitable justification.

I believe another imprinted activist was diagnosed at some time previous to this.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 2:13 AM, Clarkey611 said:

Could I please correct the Corrections Department in Thailand by saying that they are not correc?

Correcting the Department of Corrections will find you mired in a morass of error.