Airports of Thailand concession revenue drops 79%

webfact

SB.jpg

By Chris Madden in Asia/Pacific, Financial News, Latest News, Regions

The company has delivered regular measures to assist concessionaires during the pandemic

Airports of Thailand (AOT) reported a 79% drop in concessions revenue for the last six months.

The figures, for the period of October to March, showed the company’s six airports recording revenue of 2.491bn Baht ($79.5m), this marks a 79.67% drop on the previous year.

The figures for the last quarter are equally challenging, with a 76.6% reduction in concessions revenue year-on-year.

The amount which concessions revenue contributed to the business was also reduced during the period. In the last quarter, concessions revenue accounted for 30% of AOT’s non-aeronautical revenue, in the same quarter last year it accounted for 58%.

Full story: https://www.dfnionline.com/latest-news/airports-thailand-concession-revenue-drops-79-13-05-2021/

DF.jpg

-- © Copyright DFNI Online 2021-05-14

17 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Agree. I'm also SUPER concerned for King Power. I really hope it's doing ok.

I walk by their large building on Rama III almost daily and it is like a Ghost town.

• Like 2

Whilst I agree that those at the top of the AOT concession pyramid deserve scant sympathy. It is important to remember that the bulk of the employees (and those employed in the support service roles) are regular Joes, like you, I and the rest of the population. And it those people that bear the brunt of the economic fallout of this pandemic. Not the execs and shareholders in their ivory towers.