Thailand reports 2,256 COVID-19 cases, 30 new deaths

webfact

REUTERS.jpg

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand on Friday (May 14) reported 2,256 new COVID-19 cases, and 30 additional deaths.

● 2,073 new infections

●  183 prison / prison infections

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 96,050 with 548 deaths.

The news comes as PM Prayut announces that walk-in vaccination centres are delayed and will not be ready until June.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-14

• Haha 2

The latest rolling seven-day average charts of daily COVID cases and deaths in Thailand, updated through May 12. The cases trend chart has yet to reflect the record 4,887 new cases reported yesterday, but does show the country's COVID daily COVID deaths rising into pandemic record high levels.

05-14-21a.jpg.b534614cb7ff4f243d29d2aef0be1a30.jpg

05-14-21b.jpg.67a42d149e3ce2f8e4c816b7a367e5d2.jpg

Weblink

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

This is not getting any better. As far as Covid in prisons, Just YouTube Thailand prisons. Most of them are wall to wall prisoners along with guards and staff. Would not be surprised to see everyone in Prison test positive

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thailand today is opening the a 1,200 bed field hospital for COVID patients at Challenger Hall, Impact Muang Thong Thani, in Nonthaburi province in a bid to ease the mounting pressure of COVID cases on traditional hospitals in the Bangkok region.

The facility will be equipped with portable x-ray units and ventilators, and officials say it is capable of being expanded to up to 5,000 total beds if needed. The field hospital is being opened in what normally is one of the country's largest convention hall/exhibit space arenas.

1304346308_Busarakham2.jpg.3e0918793bfb1bd26c23cd9cf34d44bb.jpg

1605364226_Busarakham4.jpg.2821e02dfd81bfeaecee5a1c61457fa3.jpg

The field hospital has been set up with extensive remote monitoring of COVID patients, in order to minimize the risk of spreading the virus to health care workers and care for a large population of patients.

889053856_Busarakham3.jpg.6b897a3a72b73d4fdc0652a21c6a8ae5.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/tnamcot/posts/3837488773021900

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1393025541322600448

The Private Hospital Association is now working with the government in a bid to present Thais with vaccine brand alternatives and boost efforts to achieve herd immunity. Prospective choices include the Moderna, Novavax, Sinopharm, and Bharat Biotech.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is today when we should expect an announcement about whether the closures that were up to 17 May will be extended, or whether parks, pools & gyms, cinemas, and restaurants for dine-in can re-open on 18 May? 

I hope you're not trying to hold your breath!My guess the announcement will be made on the 17th May or June if they remember.

25 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I hope you're not trying to hold your breath!My guess the announcement will be made on the 17th May or June if they remember.

Today as part of daily update briefing acc. to Pattaya News yesterday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Same crazy remark as yesterday.

People who work in prisons are not immune to covid. They are easy to infect and will spread it on. Unless you think they really take precautions like PPE suits and so on (i doubt it). People are also being released from prisons on a dayly base so they add to the population too. Just imagine a few untested infected prisoners going home.

So keep your blinders up and ignore it if it makes you feel better. But logical it is not.

Please explain me than why suddenly since this week there is a split between the normal cases and prison cases..... 

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Same crazy remark as yesterday.

People who work in prisons are not immune to covid. They are easy to infect and will spread it on. Unless you think they really take precautions like PPE suits and so on (i doubt it). People are also being released from prisons on a dayly base so they add to the population too. Just imagine a few untested infected prisoners going home.

So keep your blinders up and ignore it if it makes you feel better. But logical it is not.

or are they only this week released??? I don't have blinkers but some other people have... look further than your nose

• Like 1