Thailand reports 2,256 COVID-19 cases, 30 new deaths

webfact

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Only four provinces reported 100 or more new COVID cases on Friday:

Bangkok --  1,087

Pathum Thani -- 157

Nonthaburi -- 131

Samut Prakan -- 121

Bangkok and its five adjoining provinces accounted for nearly 70 percent (1,563 of 2,256) of the new cases reported Friday. The other 71 provinces combined totaled only 505 cases.

Chiang Mai had only 16 new cases reported, while Chonburi had 64.

Sixteen provinces reported no new cases, while 41 provinces reported 10 or fewer cases.

The government's prisons are now being treated as a separate area for case reporting, with the 2,835 in Bangkok reported Thursday and another 183 today making a cumulative total of 3,018 prison cases in the past two days.

Screenshot_14.jpg.cef4aba072ac9c6bb59759def24bc125.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/324890409129290/?type=3

05-14-21n.jpg.e4340d407b87521066e5211581d1aa55.jpg

Is Chonburi now officially an Orange zone, or was this a mistake?

80D3C43F-C758-4D87-907E-DD95B07E4D0A.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well how do you like them apples.  Now we will have daily prison numbers as well.  Wonder what the positivity rate is there.  Just rolling along at 2000 plus cases a day and double digit deaths.  Wonder just how long this will go on.....oh yes, how long is a piece of string......stay safe folks.......vaccination needed on Aisle one...someone spilled some covid here and over there, cleanup on aisle Thailand.....

i stated a month that this new covid-19,Variant that's in Thailand  is the one from INDIA. you can see and read the same results it  transfers between people with in 3 days and its much worse. then UK one. we may also have to have a third vaccine jab around Octobe. because of the new variant.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Chonburi is Orange in the map, which denotes 51-100 cases. But Chonburi has 1000+ active cases.

It’s just more smoke and mirrors to hide the reality of the situation 

4 minutes ago, irishman25 said:

i stated a month that this new covid-19,Variant that's in Thailand  is the one from INDIA. you can see and read the same results it  transfers between people with in 3 days and its much worse. then UK one. we may also have to have a third vaccine jab around Octobe. because of the new variant.  

There is no official report that the variant spreading now has been verified by genomic testing as the India variant.  The variant spreading now has been confirmed as the UK variant.  Do not post misinformation unles you can prove what you say by a credible link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

There is no official report that the variant spreading now has been verified by genomic testing as the India variant.  The variant spreading now has been confirmed as the UK variant.  Do not post misinformation unles you can prove what you say by a credible link.

lets us wait and see remember (This IS Thailand) and time will prove that its not misinformation.

8 minutes ago, irishman25 said:

lets us wait and see remember (This IS Thailand) and time will prove that its not misinformation.

They have already Identified the Indian Variant by genomic testing of a few cases in Quarantine already, but again nothing other than the current spread by the UK variant. Had they, then we would know about it.  

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1393369812068311040

BREAKING: Thai health ministry reporting 17 deaths and 3,095 cases (*) on Saturday. Full update at 12:30pm.

12 May: 1,983 - 34 dead

13 May: 4,887 - 32 dead

14 May: 2,256 - 30 dead

15 May: 3,095 - 17 dead <— TODAY

* 877 in prison

#COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They have already Identified the Indian Variant by genomic testing of a few cases in Quarantine already, but again nothing other than the current spread by the UK variant. Had they, then we would know about it.  

That Indian variant is scary, lets hope they do keep it out, I was reading an article on the BBC last night, its possible they may have to re consider the easing of measures because of all the new cases of the variant being found in the UK. They are mass surge testing now.

Covid: Indian variant could disrupt 21 June easing, PM says

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57122817

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BREAKING: Thai health ministry reporting 17 deaths and 3,095 cases (*) on Saturday. Full update at 12:30pm.

12 May: 1,983 - 34 dead 13 May: 4,887 - 32 dead

* 877 in prison

I think they could dispense with the prison breakdown (blame gaming) and just say cases found in Thailand and then add the prison breakdown in the local area breakdown of cases.The numbers sure look like they're festering upwardly though. 

• Like 2

So Indian Variant is potentially 40% more transmissible than the the UK B117 variant. Given that it is believed that the Uk variant was 4 times more transmissible than the original variant that is a pretty scary statistic if correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

How many tests were done to get these results, enquiring minds want to know.

That is the constant 60 million dollar question. 
I don’t think they want you to know. As the reality may be quite sobering. 
I know in the beginning they said they could not afford to do mass testing. I doubt anything has changed since then. 
There is no clear indication either of what the turnaround time for tests are so you don’t know when these positive cases where tested. 
I don’t believe the statistics are a true reflection of the current situation. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

I know in the beginning they said they could not afford to do mass testing.

My recollection was they said it was too expensive not that they couldn't afford it they just chose what they thought was the cheaper option and most are aware where taking the cheaper alternative inevitably leads when taking it in Thailand (and in general).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How many tests were done to get these results, enquiring minds want to know.

The other detail that has been puzzling me is that I never see any data on Thailand’s “r factor”.

it’s very closely followed in the UK as an indication of whether the virus is spreading, or not.

do Thai authorities even calculate it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

12 May: 1,983 - 34 dead

13 May: 4,887 - 32 dead

* 877 in prison

Hmm. Isn’t that a record high daily case figure?

and yet restrictions in red zones may be eased? Call me stupid, but I sense a disconnect somewhere.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Bangkok tests some 2000 to 3000 people on most days.

Chonburi tests about 1000 a day now.

Other provinces test, but don’t post the numbers, it comes in bits and pieces. 

Other posters have stated that about 15,000 people are tested every day.

I have posted that 20 K tests are performed every Day, and yet you say there are only 15 K test performed daily.

So what you are trying to say is that the Infection rate is nothing like the 10 % of 20000 tested ( 2000 ), but is higher at 12,5 % of 15000 tests ( 2000 ).

Is this correct ?

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

That Indian variant is scary, lets hope they do keep it out, I was reading an article on the BBC last night, its possible they may have to re consider the easing of measures because of all the new cases of the variant being found in the UK. They are mass surge testing now.

Covid: Indian variant could disrupt 21 June easing, PM says

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57122817

And that's proper surge mass testing, they set up centres and go door to door also in the area. Every positive test from the surge is then sequenced as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

The other detail that has been puzzling me is that I never see any data on Thailand’s “r factor”.

it’s very closely followed in the UK as an indication of whether the virus is spreading, or not.

do Thai authorities even calculate it?

Think they don't do enough testing to feed into the equation to get an Ro_1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 12:31 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

WHO Urged to Reform After Panel Finds Failures Worsened Pandemic

The World Health Organization should be overhauled and given more authority to investigate global disease threats, according to a review of the international Covid-19 response that found a myriad of failures, gaps, and delays allowed the coronavirus to mushroom into a pandemic.

While stopping short of assigning blame to any particular factor, the report released Wednesday by an independent panel co-chaired by former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark linked the severity of the global outbreak to deficiencies across governments, the WHO and other multilateral organizations, and regulations that guide official actions.

The panel also called for an agreement to waive vaccine patents, limited terms for WHO leaders, and an oversight body and legally binding treaty to bolster the prevention and response to future pandemics. The international system, the panel said, remains unfit to avoid another disease from spiraling into one matching Covid-19, which threatens to cost the world economy $22 trillion by 2025.

(more)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-12/major-overhaul-of-who-needed-after-failures-says-covid-panel

One of the biggest barriers to vaccine availability and rollouts is them being under patent and profit being placed before peoples lives. The ‘trickle-down’ principle once again shows its failure in humanistic terms ... mans inhumanity to man. The richer nations first (and still they’re scrambling to get vaccines) then the poorer and then the poorest, well, they just wait in an ever increasing line.