Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

10 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Good to know, we are below Thais but above the homeless/tramps

They say Thais first! So NO we are not above homeless/tramps! We are only above homeless farang tramps! MAYBE 

• Like 1

Still with the "Foreigners..... " 

"Everybody"....is that too difficult a word? 

....or how about "all residents" of Thailand? 

"The people of Thailand"

Give it break already, as if anyone not Thai is a subhuman, burden on the economy and general undesirable. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Good to know, we are below Thais but above the homeless/tramps

Correct .

Homeless  tramps ,  farlangs.   Takers and   Chanchers ..

Have many in Udon ... 555

10 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Well just as I thought and I would be surprised if it wasn't delayed even further

it's total discrimination and violates the ethics agreement between Thailand and Astrazeneca.

Time to lobby our Embassies and Astrazeneca I think.
Otherwise we are looking at the Jab by the end of year or later by which time Thailand will probably have reached heard immunity.

Have already done that. None of them are interested

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Every government on the planet is like this except for the land of smiles.  

In fact, there are active campaigns in many countries to ensure that people can get the vaccine even if they are there illegally without legal repercussions.  

Thailand however.... 

Also, other countries are prioritizing the at risk first. UK and USA have none of this walk up rubbish. Especially when you have limited supply. This actually gives the more able more priority than the at risk, who need to stay safe. Just like all those early pictures I saw of people queueing and being vaccinated - all young.

11 hours ago, John Drake said:

No use working ourselves into a snit. Everyone had to know this would be the policy. Nothing really changed from the time of the first announcement of "Thais first" by Anutin. Some of the later statements finessed it, but they all amounted to the same thing.  It's just the way things are, here. Too bad our embassies refuse to demand the same treatment Chinese nationals get. But our Western governments appear weak, ineffectual and indifferent. 

What treatment do Chinese nationals get? Is there some kind of conspiracy theory floating around I'm unaware of? 

12 hours ago, Surelynot said:

No.......never even heard of The Real McCoys.......what have I done with my life????

That was an old show they moved from west VA to sunny California I'm sure there are some episodes on utube 

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

OK everyone, we have a NEW member.  lol.  First day in LOS?  lol

I have heard falang easily 20,000 times in five years.  Nobody has even hinted I'm Thai, or a resident, or "one of the family."  I've had "best friends," who are Thai, decline to help me because I'm not Thai.  "Sorry, not good for family."  They told me, now ex-friends.  I've had people I've known for YEARS avoid me like the plague because of COVID, now ex-friends.  I've been told to pay more probably 10,000 times.....

In fact, if it's ONE thing I've learned.....I'll never be assimilated here.  

But that doesn't mean I can't have fun when I want, do what I want, and leave after covid.........and everyone's generally friendly on the surface.  good enough for the short term (time).  lol

The appropriate phrase 'on the surface '

The dear wonderful Anutin, the racist, said covid was spread by us dirty farang. Yet when the Thai govt officials slipped across the border to Burma and Cambodia to go whoring and gambling, then brought the virus into Thailand, Prayut tells the media to shut up! Let's be honest, this country has so many wonderful people and I love them dearly, but anyone in a uniform is a complete Nazi. From Prayut to the SS that control Hua Hin immigration. The vaccine plan is 3rd world but I suspect we will get it privately within 3 months for  3 to 5k. The country is on its knees. 

Edited by Charlie Halliday
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just booked for june 9th,and i am a dirty falang.

Booked how?  With or without the ID number(s) most farangs don't have?

Edited by shdmn

I don't know what people are belly aching about being back of the bus.  You will probably be front of the bus with the premium vaccine if you can pay for it.   They need to be sensitive about what they say because Thais will resent foreigners being able to jump the queue by paying.  So I can sort of see both sides of it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

As the Indian strain takes over Astrzeneca will be useless.  And those Chinese vaccines are garbage.

Against the Indian strain, these 2 vaccines are garbage:

Singapore announces new restrictions after vaccinated airport workers become infected.

Singapore health officials said that of 28 airport workers who became infected, 19 were fully vaccinated with either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, the only two approved for use in Singapore.

• Like 1

I agree with shdmn.  Also, I think that the strategy all along has been to only supply the locally produced AZ vaccine along with the Chinese vaccine.  I doubt that any other vaccines will be imported.  The government is only requesting the Moderna vaccine just now and its orders are backlogged so Thailand is not likely to receive any doses for a long time even if it does now place a formal order.

With limited vaccine doses available the government can't be seen to allow foreigners to go first by paying more than Thais.  I hope that it will turn out that some foreigners can be included as the Thais get vaccinated.

Of course, if the India/Nepal variant gets into Thailand, all bets  are off.  I will immediately book a flight back to America to be vaccinated shortly after my arrival.  I don't plan to return to Thailand after that but will live out my remaining years in a retirement center in Pennsylvania.

BTW, the Thai medical establishment is plenty angry about the situation.  They would have liked imported vaccines to be available much sooner but apparently greed won out.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What happened to June July.

I'm a RAYRON now? Is that a step up or down from farang

Special Thais (ruay)

Regular Thais (ID card)

Family buffalos

Family dogs

Stray dogs

Paying aliens

Rayron

Khee nok

Monitor lizards

Edited by aboctok
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Congratulations foreigners.  You are hereby above tramps and bums.

I am very proud of all of you.

Please note that the rules may (will) change without notice and, above all, reason.

In my previous life (rayron), I worked damn hard to achieve the karmic step up. I sure released a lot of turtles. Now it's all paid off, I've been reborn as a falang.

• Haha 1