Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

18 hours ago, djayz said:

So we're down there with the tramps. Love it! ????????????????????????

Weeeeelll the way some foreigners live, act and behave here thats probably a step up

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, rodknock said:

i forgot, all the people in prison come before us!!!

Well looking at the infection rates in the prisons atm they probably need it more than you!

• Like 1

There are many Thais who don't want to be vaccinated. What are the authorities going to do with them?... Take their non existent job away? Many Thais I know are just working at what ever ad hoc freelance work they can get. 

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

My friend in NY walked inti a CVS, signed up, and got his shots. 

I've spoken with many in the US.  Every one says jabs are widely available.  With some places giving goodies out as an incentive to get one.  Love the idea of Ohio.  A million dollar lottery.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/05/13/996445109/ohio-raises-the-stakes-to-boost-vaccinations-offers-5-1-million-drawings

• Like 1

Just now, Farang99 said:

First it was "Register in June". Now it's register in August. We'll be into 2022 before you know it.

Especially if you want Pfizer or Moderna.  Plan on 2022.  Even Australia is having problems getting Moderna before the end of the year and they paid for them months ago.

30 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I've spoken with many in the US.  Every one says jabs are widely available.  With some places giving goodies out as an incentive to get one.  Love the idea of Ohio.  A million dollar lottery.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/05/13/996445109/ohio-raises-the-stakes-to-boost-vaccinations-offers-5-1-million-drawings

You see, in the US, all the politician were paid off in advance. So, it's a direct distribution pipeline. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 07.39.37.png

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

Enlighten us, which countries have used that policy.

Laos. A large majority of expats have already had their 2nd jab. We are treated exactly the same as locals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, J Town said:

Well, NOW we know where we stand on the pecking order!

For some reason, I always suspected as much. Good to finally have confirmation. ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

I don't know what people are belly aching about being back of the bus.  You will probably be front of the bus with the premium vaccine if you can pay for it.   They need to be sensitive about what they say because Thais will resent foreigners being able to jump the queue by paying.  So I can sort of see both sides of it.

I hear what you say - although the OP doesn't bring the ability to pay into the equation.

But I'm not sure the good people of Thailand would have rejected a schedule of vaxing based only on need ... such as age, infirmity and occupation - irrespective of race or homelessness status.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Actually, there's a vaccine surplus in the US right now due, in part, to the not inconsiderable number of vaccine "refuseniks" and others who are simply too lazy or stupid to follow through.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I received an appointment for June 7 at my local public hospital by registering online using Mor Prom (Doctor Ready) a couple of days ago. The app knows I am not a Thai since it required information from my passport and off my "Pink Card" to register.

Now, whether they'll honor this appointment when I show up and give me a shot is another question.

19 hours ago, Camillof said:

What baffles me is their absolute certitude that no Thai may be a homeless tramp. Yet, the few homeless tramps I see in the streets of my city look 100% Thai to me, and they speak Thai or the local dialect.

What are you talking about? 

Everyone knows they are Thai. 

14 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I received an appointment for June 7 at my local public hospital by registering online using Mor Prom (Doctor Ready) a couple of days ago. The app knows I am not a Thai since it required information from my passport and off my "Pink Card" to register.

Now, whether they'll honor this appointment when I show up and give me a shot is another question.

That makes no sense as some Thais can't get it in June. But good luck. 

3 hours ago, GruenJD said:

There are many Thais who don't want to be vaccinated. What are the authorities going to do with them?... Take their non existent job away? Many Thais I know are just working at what ever ad hoc freelance work they can get. 

Why would they take away their jobs? 

13 hours ago, Uroller said:

Just checked to see how Canada handles foreigners and vaccination and the page below from the Canada.gov website states everybody is eligible and it’s free????????That’s a nice way to ha die a pandemic????

1AC5652D-FCA0-429F-B667-C66F545BFA3D.jpeg

Isn't it free for foreigners in Thailand? 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What are you talking about? 

Everyone knows they are Thai. 

Logically then as the method is on social status the richest Thais should be vaccinated first, then the middle classes then ordinary workers ending up with homeless and begging Thais. When even all the young fit and at minimal health risk Thais have been done 80 year old diabetic foreigners etc can turn up, if they are still with us. The government should be ashamed of themselves. ????

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just vaccinate people as they show up? 

Imagine all the Thaivisa members with various TV ID's. they might turn up a few times at the vaccination centre to get a shot of each vaccine.

8 hours ago, shdmn said:

I don't know what people are belly aching about being back of the bus.  You will probably be front of the bus with the premium vaccine if you can pay for it.   They need to be sensitive about what they say because Thais will resent foreigners being able to jump the queue by paying.  So I can sort of see both sides of it.

Why will Thais resent us foreigners for paying through the nose for something they themselves could probably never afford? They don't seem to complain about us taking their bitchiest high maintenance women who wouldn't look twice at them anyway (just kidding!).

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Logically then as the method is on social status the richest Thais should be vaccinated first, then the middle classes then ordinary workers ending up with homeless and begging Thais. When even all the young fit and at minimal health risk Thais have been done 80 year old diabetic foreigners etc can turn up, if they are still with us. The government should be ashamed of themselves. ????

The method is not on social status at all. 

It is if you are registered citizen or not. 

Old, infirm foreigners should have health insurance and it is the job of their embassies to look after them. 

• Haha 1