Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

15 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Nationality should NOT be be issue, older and those with health problems should come first no matter where you were born. This will see young Thais vaccinated before 80 old foreigners with diabetes, not just racist but almost criminal from a public health point of view

It may be Nationalistic, but certainly not racist. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

I don't think there have been any factories making AstraZeneca that actually met their initial production goals.  So I would say their current schedule putting all their hopes in this one local factory is almost guaranteed to miss it's target.  

They built an AZ plant in Melbourne, took forever (many many months) to get full sign off from the AZ owners in Europe and many more months to get approval from the Australian TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration).

Only in last couple of weeks distributing vaccine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eibot said:

Complete disgrace.

My healthy Thai wife will get her first jab next week (Phuket), while my 68 year old German neighbour with underlying health conditions can apply god knows when. Even though Phuket will open to tourist. 

I assume your neighour does't need to  work and gets a healthy cheque from Germany every month. 

It is not a disgrace at all. Is he too sick to travel to Germany? If so, he shouldn't be a burden on the Thai  government. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It may be Nationalistic, but certainly not racist. 

In reality no difference, it's plain discrimination against where you were born, even Laos does not do that. The Thai plan is indefensible from a health provision point of view, vaccinating Thais who are young and low risk before elderly at risk foreigners of whatever race or nationality is shameful, probably time to arrange going back to a civilized country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovelaos said:

Laos. A large majority of expats have already had their 2nd jab. We are treated exactly the same as locals.

Are you trying to say that everyone could walk in on the first day and get vaccinated?

I take from what you said the plan for a priority group was abandoned.

The mass vaccination session will be taking place over the span of two days, from 2 to 3 April, and is focused on providing immunisation to around 4,000 individuals categorised as being at the greatest risk of exposure to COVID-19 and those who are most likely to develop severe symptoms from infection. After this initial push the vaccines will be administered in seven central hospitals in Vientiane capital and at provincial level. 

https://www.who.int/laos/news/detail/02-04-2021-lao-pdr-commences-rollout-of-covax-supported-covid-19-vaccines

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What are you talking about? 

Everyone knows they are Thai. 

I'm talking about the statement reported in the OP. In case you didn't read it: "He said that it was true that Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next". If everyone knows the homeless are Thai, as you say and I agree with you, then, logically, he should have said something like "first Thais with a fixed abode, second foreigners, third Thais without a fixed abode". Which would be admitting that there are homeless Thais. Clearer now?

3 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

You see, in the US, all the politician were paid off in advance. So, it's a direct distribution pipeline. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 07.39.37.png

It's got nothing to do with politicians.  Though I know your political slant.

Trust the scientists AND the science.  Conspiracy theories help no one.

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

In reality no difference, it's plain discrimination against where you were born, even Laos does not do that. The Thai plan is indefensible from a health provision point of view, vaccinating Thais who are young and low risk before elderly at risk foreigners of whatever race or nationality is shameful, probably time to arrange going back to a civilized country.

probably

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

That's probably what we're going to be doing very soon.  Plus, back home, they're opening up.  Live music, restaurants, bars, etc.

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nationalistic attitude prevails. Move over falang your life is not as important as mine.

Seems that way if report is correct, but i would have paid for mine in a private therefor easing the burden on the state system, and they may not see me as important-but they value my pensions especially the last 15 months.

But lets not fear I'm sure our home countries will send a supply for  us all as a matter of urgency when they look back at our contributions over the years  ????????????????????

• Like 1

i'm an introvert as long as i have my computer and internet i can lock myself in a room for month and year only pop out to do grocery, to be honest i won't be in a rush to take the vaccine who knows where and how the Thai got the vaccine from, i'll wait and see if the vaccinator get turn into a zombie or not 

44 minutes ago, Camillof said:

I'm talking about the statement reported in the OP. In case you didn't read it: "He said that it was true that Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next". If everyone knows the homeless are Thai, as you say and I agree with you, then, logically, he should have said something like "first Thais with a fixed abode, second foreigners, third Thais without a fixed abode". Which would be admitting that there are homeless Thais. Clearer now?

I still have no idea what you are going on about!

What he said was quite correct. By using foreigners in between Thais and homeless people, it is clear that he means the homeless are not foreigners. 

If you read the original, it stated that Thailand has a policy to vaccinate all people, including foreigners and homeless people. The problem with these groups is that they can't/don't register.

Foreigners can register in August and homeless in the future some time. 

10 minutes ago, vinci said:

i'm an introvert as long as i have my computer and internet i can lock myself in a room for month and year only pop out to do grocery, to be honest i won't be in a rush to take the vaccine who knows where and how the Thai got the vaccine from, i'll wait and see if the vaccinator get turn into a zombie or not 

It is true that you can greatly lower your risk of infection with such isolation but not entirely. Also stuff can happen that can force people out of such isolation such as a non Covid related medical emergency.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Dear Thai apologist

What happens in your country, hmm? Foreigners to the back of the queue, or everyone treated the same? And no-one is demanding special treatment. They are demanding equal treatment. Very big difference.

Be careful what you demand. Foreigners get special treatment in many areas, including higher salaries. 

It is normal for countries to put its own citizens first. I know neighbouring Vietnam and Malaysia does. Myanmar stopped letting foreigners in.  Thailand is looking after foreigners very well, stop moaning. 

• Like 1

An off topic post has been removed topic is about:

Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Dear Thai apologist

What happens in your country, hmm? Foreigners to the back of the queue, or everyone treated the same? And no-one is demanding special treatment. They are demanding equal treatment. Very big difference.

Be careful what you demand. Foreigners get special treatment in many areas, including higher salaries. 

It is normal for countries to put its own citizens first. I know neighbouring Vietnam and Malaysia does. Myanmar stopped letting foreigners in.  Thailand is looking after foreigners very well, stop moaning. 

Who is moaning? Not me. I suggested aliens were seeking equal treatment. I guess you don't agree with that. Okay.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

but priority will be given to citizens first and non-citizens will possibly have to wait until August to register for vaccination, according to government officials.

“Thailand has a policy to vaccinate everyone in the country, to achieve herd immunity. There is no distinction between Thais and foreigners.

No distinction other than giving it to them 2nd. 

11 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

No distinction other than giving it to them 2nd. 

And THAT makes a big difference. For Thais to be second means they wait for 4 million before them. For foreigners, they have to wait for 60 millions before THEM