Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

2 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

Register from August now?  What a load of <deleted>.  What is taking so long anyhow?

It will take that long until Anutin's promise of "Thai's first" will be fulfilled. And nobody can complain, because it wasn't a matter of a discriminatory policy but merely delays in developing the appropriate software for the app. It was always going to be this way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Now does anyone know if it has been stated if a foreigner has the right to know which vaccine they are being injected with.  

I know I am keeping my eye on the private hospitals hoping that they will soon come up with a supply of Phizer, Moderna, or Astra Zeneca.   

Until there is additional testing of effectiveness and side effects I would prefer to not be injected with Sinovac. 

The USA has approved only Phizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson and the last one may be on hold because of some reported side effects. 

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The method is not on social status at all. 

It is if you are registered citizen or not. 

Old, infirm foreigners should have health insurance and it is the job of their embassies to look after them. 

But the embassies don't look after anyone 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I went along with everything you said until you mentioned 'logically.'

I know, it's incompatible with "Thainess". We have the evidence in this very forum. Just only displaying a Thai flag as an avatar is enough to obliterate someone's logical thinking, as it seems.

7 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

You see, in the US, all the politician were paid off in advance. So, it's a direct distribution pipeline. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 07.39.37.png

Attached is from Biotechnology Innovation Org to Biden. It's quite sensible. Item 3 supports the PEPVAR proposal, which is described in this link: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/opinion/world-covid-vaccines.html

If they give politicians money, maybe Biden will listen to sensible advice, rather than advice from people who have superficial delusory ideas like patent waivers at WTO, which would not get vaccines into arms sooner. Whether Thailand gets Moderna in August or next January depends on Moderna production capacity expanding on schedule at their contract manufacturers.

BIO Letter to President Joseph Biden - May 3 2021_0.pdf

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 9:08 AM, Surelynot said:

But in a very strict, racist pecking order....with foreigners right at the end of the queue.

I'm sure your not going to die waiting .yes Thais first no problem . 

Be protective wear a mask, keep your distances. How many time does one have to be told,. It's common sense.

38 minutes ago, placnx said:

Attached is from Biotechnology Innovation Org to Biden. It's quite sensible. Item 3 supports the PEPVAR proposal, which is described in this link: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/opinion/world-covid-vaccines.html

If they give politicians money, maybe Biden will listen to sensible advice, rather than advice from people who have superficial delusory ideas like patent waivers at WTO, which would not get vaccines into arms sooner. Whether Thailand gets Moderna in August or next January depends on Moderna production capacity expanding on schedule at their contract manufacturers.

BIO Letter to President Joseph Biden - May 3 2021_0.pdf 171.54 kB · 0 downloads

The same theme as the opioid manufacturers used to get congress to open/expand the flow. 

Yes; all these roadblocks and bottlenecks are bad for business. 

Edited by Curt1591
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The problem with these groups is that they can't/don't register.

No dear, that may be a secondary problem or issue with these groups, the primary problem or issue being that THEY WILL GO NEXT, i.e. after the Thais, as stated clearly in the article that we are discussing here. What game are you trying to play, changing matters of fact that are given black on white?

By using foreigners in between Thais and homeless people, it is clear that he means the homeless are not foreigners.

Not clear at all, to me for example he also means that they are not Thai either. So what are they? I know you are a Thai now, but please try to recover some use of logical thinking nevertheless. Applying different criteria at a same level of categorization is ILLOGICAL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Be careful what you demand. Foreigners get special treatment in many areas, including higher salaries. 

It is normal for countries to put its own citizens first. I know neighbouring Vietnam and Malaysia does. Myanmar stopped letting foreigners in.  Thailand is looking after foreigners very well, stop moaning. 

I think you have shown two good examples. Of course they do. Birds of  feather. Human rights go on the back burner.

10 hours ago, sandyf said:

Are you trying to say that everyone could walk in on the first day and get vaccinated?

I take from what you said the plan for a priority group was abandoned.

Yes, it was quite chaotic at first but I never heard of anyone being turned away.

6 hours ago, Percy P said:

I'm sure your not going to die waiting .yes Thais first no problem . 

Be protective wear a mask, keep your distances. How many time does one have to be told,. It's common sense.

I know an American in South America who locked himself up in his apartment for months. He did need to go out a few times for banking stuff. He got it anyway. Please don't blame everyone that gets it for being careless. It can be a very random bad luck kind of thing no matter what efforts you make.

Also remember masks are mostly about protecting others if you're infected but as we know not everyone is always wearing masks properly or at all and distancing is not widely followed in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, law ling said:

I hear what you say - although the OP doesn't bring the ability to pay into the equation.

But I'm not sure the good people of Thailand would have rejected a schedule of vaxing based only on need ... such as age, infirmity and occupation - irrespective of race or homelessness status.

Thailand is not like the west.  They are traditionally organized along lines of hierachy and patronage and there is no amount of complaining how unfair that is or whatever that will change that.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Actually, there's a vaccine surplus in the US right now due, in part, to the not inconsiderable number of vaccine "refuseniks" and others who are simply too lazy or stupid to follow through.

It's now looking like vaccine efforts are stalling in the US.  They are trying all kinds of things to encourage people but it's looking to me like the US is going to eventually end up behind a lot of other countries after they catch up, based on current trajectories.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, vinci said:

i'm an introvert as long as i have my computer and internet i can lock myself in a room for month and year only pop out to do grocery, to be honest i won't be in a rush to take the vaccine who knows where and how the Thai got the vaccine from, i'll wait and see if the vaccinator get turn into a zombie or not 

Statistically, It's much much much more risky not getting the vaccine as soon as possible than risking side effects.  Just sayin.

Edited by shdmn

7 minutes ago, shdmn said:

It's now looking like vaccine efforts are stalling in the US.  They are trying all kinds of things to encourage people but it's looking to me like the US is going to eventually end up behind a lot of other countries after they catch up, based on current trajectories.

I think the governor of Ohio came up with a brilliant plan. Given that it's clear that people who are reluctant to take the vaccine are mathematically challenged, he's offering a lottery with five 1 million dollar prizes for those who do.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think the governor of Ohio came up with a brilliant plan. Given that it's clear that people who are reluctant to take the vaccine are mathematically challenged, he's offering a lottery with five 1 million dollar prizes for those who do.

It's a bold strategy, lets see if it pays off for them.

Edited by shdmn

11 hours ago, lovelaos said:

Yes, it was quite chaotic at first but I never heard of anyone being turned away.

Exactly, Chaos. With 10 times the population what sort of chaos would there be in Thailand.

Like every other country, Laos had a plan to prioritize, why do people think Thailand should be any different, unless it is something to do with self importance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If the foreigners were obviously elderly do you really think most Thais would have a problem with that?

I could very well be wrong but my impression is that any Thais first policies are largely coming from top down politicized nationalism rather than from any overwhelming demand from the people.

The whinging foreigners are not only shooting themselves in the foot but the rest of us well.

You only have to look at what happened to foreigners in the UK during brexit to see what can happen in a time of crisis.

Make no mistake, Thailand will never be the same again.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think wanting access to vaccines on a time line that isn't discriminatory based on nationality is whining at all. In other words, if it's time for over 60s its basic medical ethics for it to be time for all over 60s in a country. I don't think wanting that is shooting anyone in the foot. Instead it's entirely reasonable. I don't think this has anything to do with obviously off topic Brevit. I agree Thailand will never be the same after the pandemic. You could say the same about any country. 

When you are right, you are right, and that should be said.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 8:23 PM, nightfox said:

Well according to the information that's out there it sounds like Sanovac is all they have right now that's available.

Right now, but AZ will be be available next month and a Thai friend with an appointment for mid June told me he was told he’ll be getting AZ.. Fact or fiction.... we’ll know mid June!

On 5/14/2021 at 6:18 PM, PEE TEE said:

Many foreigners registered today in koh Samui, for vaccines starting on June 7th  including myself 73 year old brit. told morprom no long valid i have pink card and told will be first after 60 year old Thais , i had a date at the gov. hospital for june 10th but told that is no longer good . will be jabbed by the roundabout at the lakeside .many people there all farang  

I've registered yesterday as well,  Sinovac vaccine for me as I'm under 60. The 60+ are only with AZ.  The vaccination dates for under 60 are 26-31 May,  but my understanding this is only tentative, it depends when and how many doses are delivered.

Looks like they are expecting a fair bit of deliveries, as the guards told my gf that they will continue signing people today, yesterday was supposed to be the last day for enrollment at least by the lake.

I don't know if this is only in Samui or across the country, to me it looks like Bangkok Airways may be pulling some strings to get more traffic to Samui.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think wanting access to vaccines on a time line that isn't discriminatory based on nationality is whining at all.

I means very little what you think, it is all about what the locals think of foreigners, just like brexit.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I means very little what you think, it is all about what the locals think of foreigners, just like brexit.

He was discussing his comments as being characterized as whining. Not whether his viewpoint will be paid attention to or not.

• Thanks 1