Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

1 hour ago, Percy P said:

Theres plenty rich people turned to a tramps life style. Look up the person who wrote the poem. What is this life if full of care . Poem "Leisure " see what one misses in life

That's not my point is it?

8 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Tried earlier this week......no go.......I was told it is still illegal to register foreigners for a vaccine........although they might have list of those interested?

St Louis are registering foreigners.

8 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Pretty sure most countries vaccinated on an at risk basis, age/ poor health, here in hierarchical land they are doing it on a status basis, of course tomorrow is another day ????

Most rich countries are hoarding the vaccines and not sharing it with the poorer countries in the world, so save your indignation for countries that have the power to help and aren't.  

Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

Maybe, highly probable, until tomorrow, then maybe not, well...for a price, in back of the line, or "if you don't like it go home and get your shot", but foreigners will be treated fairly or course, until they are not, or until the next Flip-Flip.
Blah blah blah - whatever.

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

Nationality should NOT be be issue, older and those with health problems should come first no matter where you were born. This will see young Thais vaccinated before 80 old foreigners with diabetes, not just racist but almost criminal from a public health point of view

I don't think Thais in the  UK were pushed to the back of the queue!

• Like 1

He said that it was true that Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next, reported Spring News

Racist xenophobia - unbridled - raises its ugly mug in a smug, rictus grin and openly reaffirms it's disrespect and abject hatred of all foreigners and non-Thais.
"...foreigners then the homeless or tramps"

???? Lord - you cannot make this up. ????
Well by golly, if dirty foreign scum here in Prathet Thai didn't understand their place in Thai society before - they should understand it now - immediately before tramps and street people!!!  <--- Take note of that!!. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

Many foreigners registered today in koh Samui, for vaccines starting on June 7th  including myself 73 year old brit. told morprom no long valid i have pink card and told will be first after 60 year old Thais , i had a date at the gov. hospital for june 10th but told that is no longer good . will be jabbed by the roundabout at the lakeside .many people there all farang  

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just vaccinate people as they show up? 

Whoa whoa whoa.  Stop making sense man!!!  You can't just have dirty foreigners, tramps, and homeless scum show up and expect to be vaccinated before every salt-of-the-Earth Thai is offered a vaccination. 
"Now get back down and prostate yourself at our feet like the lowly creatures you are.  You dogs will have your day.  Now "Down!".  Wait for your betters cretins. Know your place pond-scum and grovel for your vaccinations or go without."

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Time to lobby our Embassies and Astrazeneca I think.

Neither your Embassy nor Astrazeneca gives a rat's patootie about you, me, or any expatriated foreigners in this country. 
You've been shown your place!  Right before tramps, homeless, and perhaps lepers.   Probably below good Thai dogs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phantom51red said:

June yesterday.

And what about us over 60 that manage to register May 1 and onwards , are we supposed to register again ,  “What a Muppet show this is “ 

Edited by spetersen
Wrong date

9 hours ago, John Drake said:

But our Western governments appear weak, ineffectual and indifferent. 

I am sure in the United States there is no abjectly racist, xenophobic, and discriminatory "US citizens first and then Thai Nationals and other foreigners next right before the homeless, tramps, and other outcasts" policy anywhere in America.  I would be happy to change my mind if you can link to a source, but the last time I checked in California vaccinations offers were being made in about 20 difference languages and offered to any and all regardless of citizenship as a public health imperative.
In comparison, the US government makes the Thai government look weak, ineffectual, and highly racist to a fault.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mamapotat said:

What if I don't want the vaccine? Am I going to be forced to take it?

Yep.  Right after the tramps, homeless, and lepers have had their shots.  You'll be required to purchase the excess shots at three times the production cost.  It will be outlined on the requirements page for your next visa extension in 2022. 

9 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Tried earlier this week......no go.......I was told it is still illegal to register foreigners for a vaccine........although they might have list of those interested?

It can't be illegal as no such law has been passed. What they mean is they have been told by a racist government not to register aliens. And whether they follow that advice/order is really up to the hospital.

18 minutes ago, connda said:

I am sure in the United States there is no abjectly racist, xenophobic, and discriminatory "US citizens first and then Thai Nationals and other foreigners next right before the homeless, tramps, and other outcasts" policy anywhere in America.  I would be happy to change my mind if you can link to a source, but the last time I checked in California vaccinations offers were being made in about 20 difference languages and offered to any and all regardless of citizenship as a public health imperative.
In comparison, the US government makes the Thai government look weak, ineffectual, and highly racist to a fault.

And nice words about vaccinations in the USA but you don't mention that the US is possibly the most racist country in the world. Plenty of evidence every day of the week.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

This was published yesterday in the The CM City Life.

Screenshot_25640513_220917.jpg

Free of charge and expected to take place in june . But they have to order them first and then how many are they going to get ? They do know it's may already right .