Private hospitals ready to inject choice into Thailand’s COVID jab rollout

webfact

000_99T4GY.jpg

(Photo by Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP)

By Thai PBS World’s General Deskv

Currently, two COVID-19 vaccine brands are available under the Thai government’s free rollout, AstraZeneca and Sinovac, but recipients cannot choose which one they receive. Those who want to select a brand will have to wait until commercial “vaccine alternatives” arrive on the market.

The Private Hospital Association is now working with the government in a bid to present Thais with alternatives and boost efforts to achieve herd immunity.

How many choices for people who pay?

The association’s president, Dr. Chalerm Harnphanich, said vaccine brands offered by the private sector will likely be different from those in the free government rollout. Prospective choices include the Moderna, Novavax, Sinopharm, and Bharat Biotech brands.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/private-hospitals-ready-to-inject-choice-into-thailands-covid-jab-rollout/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Though they haven’t arrived yet, demand is already growing for alternative brands. As of April 28, more than 2,629 companies had expressed their intention to pay for 921,817 staff to get vaccinated.

You know where you stand now. Just a million or two ahead of us. 

• Like 2

"The Private Hospital Association is now working with the government in a bid to present Thais with alternatives and boost efforts to achieve herd immunity."

Makes sense

Hasn't got a snowballs chance in Samuii. At least until big payoffs arranged, which will be added to your bill. Not itemized, I assume

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Private Hospital Association is now working with the government in a bid to present Thais with alternatives and boost efforts to achieve herd immunity.

The private hospital association has nothing to offer as the Thai government has blocked them from procuring anything.

Why don't they shut up until they can follow through with vaccines instead of empty promises now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Do we really want this thread hijacked by Trumpers on a mission?

It’s so refreshing to know we have people like you here to decide what should and shouldn't be discussed (next time let the admins and/or mods decide). I am curious as to how you made your huge leap to claim this post was written by a ‘Trumper on a mission’. Nowhere was Trump brought up in his post nor anything in reference. Reminds me of a comment I made to my ex-wife recently, “You really need to move on, I have.” And...before you even think about ‘going there’ with me, I’m not a “Trumper”. Thanks for baiting, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stand corrected.  This is not mixed messaging.  Technically speaking this entire Vaccine registration, rollout, June, August, October etc is a "Charlie Foxtrot".  Also, two other acronyms come into mind:  SNAFU and FUBAR. Some will know what these acronyms stand for?  

Edited by sqwakvfr

The clock is ticking for private hospitals to offer alternative vaccines to the poison the government is pimping. 

As soon as the door to free international travel is just cracked open people will start to fly out in droves to get a jab in Singapore or any nearby civilized country with a plan.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I am from the USA.  The examples that I have are Medicare.  Medicare has more fraud each year than the combined profits of all the private healthcare insurance companies combined each year.  The other example is the V.A. which has made the news for decades for poor service and dying patients. 

Now your experience may be good but that says nothing about its expense and no way to determine if the private system competed against it that the quality of healthcare would be as good or better and the cost lower 

There is nothing, absolutely nothing the government runs efficiently.  They have zero incentive to provide cost effective services.  

With the private system, I get to choose my doctor, I get to choose my hospital, I get to choose which drugs to take and if I don't like my current selection, I get to change them.  With government run programs I can only receive what they allow.  In your instance that may be very good but it says nothing about at what cost.  

If I am a government and don't care about the expense I can certainly provide world class care.  My fiance is from Norway which has "free" healthcare  The government confiscates so much of company profits that a Big Mac, small french fries and a medium soft drink cost upwards of $17 USD or about 22 AUS.  They tack on a 25% VAT to each and every purchase.  So good "maybe" expensive absolutely. 

Personally, I prefer choice.  I see how the USA runs the postal service - bankrupt, Amtrak rail - bankrupt. social security retirement - bankrupt, Dept. of Education - US test scores declining, V.A - bankrupt and lousy service 

I have not delusions that some bureaucrat will have my best interest at heart.  They care not about what something costs, nor about its quality of the service they provide.  One of those two will always not be a priority.  The government will spend far more than necessary or it will provide lousy service.  

In response to Thomas J

You prefer choice and the costs involved seem not to bother you.

As a matter of fact, the highest costs for every service and medication in the world. Costs that millions of Americans cannot afford.

Next you are going to tell that this fact proves the efficiency of corporate America running Healthcare.

I agree that this system is highly effective in one respect - maximising profits.

Why not just get Pfizer it's cheaper than Sinovac and no one wants to put that cheap Chinese stuff in their body it's not even "Who" approved
Of course we all know why they choose the more expensive Chinese product.
Once other vaccine are ready to pay for kickbacks that when it will arrive until then forget it.

Edited by DirtyHarry55