Question regarding entry on elite visa

I was approved for the elite visa, however when reading the acceptance paperwork it stated on a limited number allowed entry. This to me sounds like old information. If they are only allowing limited numbers in of people paying 19k + dollars for the visa they shouldn't allow people to enter visa free. 

Another question hopefully someone can answer I was told I would need to cancel my current visa if on a visa first. I'm on a 1 year marriage stay, so do I need to go to jomtien immigration first and cancel it then apply for the 7 day extension then go up to chateewanga immigration at Bangkok for my affixation of the elite visa? 

Not sure if they will cancel you current extension. Others have tried but it was denied.

If they agree to cancel it you may be able to have them post date the cancellation to the day you will get the Thai Elite visa issued.

There is no 7 day extension you can get. You could apply for a 7 day extension pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.