Thailand's 10 important tourist provinces/ 4 time periods opening to foreign tourism explained

webfact

2 minutes ago, keith101 said:
13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Siam Rath didn't give an exact timeframe but said that 3.5 million foreigners would come and spend 298 billion baht. 

Where do they keep coming up with these farcical numbers , expectations of grandeur as usual . 

Indeed - That's over 85,000 baht each ....

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

the "Phuket Sandbox" - this applies to foreigners who have proof of vaccination that can then stay in that province

So are they going to be checking that the hordes coming actually stay there, and don't get out ? Otherwise what is the point ? So should be direct flights only, again if not what is the point ?
I bet the hospitality industry on Ko Samui are ecstatic at this news. Why can't they have their own ( slightly smaller ) sandbox ? 

• Like 1

So as per #1 what happens to vaccinated tourists prepared to quarantine, after 30th June.?

Logically they would carry on as previously but the above does not read that way. 

Yes sure... but Thai people will not be vaccinated by January 2022 and expats living here too and with the new strains of India I am not sure if this is realistic. Maybe 2023 and for Phuket .... yeah... with all the regulations it will be full of tourist the from the 1st of July..

• Like 1

Brian Wilson tried the sandbox method, look where it got him.

On another note, it will be interesting to (eventually) read the details of the initial, Phuket, sandbox; for example, will there be limits on numbers? Will tourists have to fly direct, on designated flights? Will tourists have to stay in designated accommodation, or are they free to chop and change hotels/airbnb/apartments within the 7-day island-wide quarantine? What about the various apps and reporting whereabouts, will there be requirements there? After seven days, will tourists truly be allowed to travel Thailand-wide? Will all facilities currently closed be opened up by July 1st?

Many questions, few answers....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Opening up meaning no CoE and no ASQ? What about covid19 test 72h before departure? Test on arrival? 100.000USD insurance? 

Where can stay and how much are the forced travel packages to qualify? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pottinger said:

On another note, it will be interesting to (eventually) read the details of the initial, Phuket, sandbox; for example, will there be limits on numbers? Will tourists have to fly direct, on designated flights? Will tourists have to stay in designated accommodation, or are they free to chop and change hotels/airbnb/apartments within the 7-day island-wide quarantine? What about the various apps and reporting whereabouts, will there be requirements there? After seven days, will tourists truly be allowed to travel Thailand-wide? Will all facilities currently closed be opened up by July 1st?

It's OK, it is only in 1 month half .. until that date, we can estimate 100 flip-flops ... ????

My question is, as someone compared Phuket to Samui without sandbox ... if they open Phuket for international travelers, do they close it for domestic travelers , as they are speaking about direct flights only ?

If they close Phuket island, what would you agree to sign on NOW ... Regular domestic tourists (including expats) from June-July or "unknown number" of international travelers ready to spend 100,000 or more for a week from July ... ?

Not an easy choice, so maybe Samui, which is not "ready for July test", is not the unlucky one.

My 2 cents

Phil.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, robblok said:

I would not call 85.000 bt a lot for a two week holiday. Depends a bit on your standards of course.

I would doubt the number of tourist more then how much they spend. I paid 3000bt a night for a nice bungalow on the islands. Not everyone goes for the cheapest of the cheap.

Agreed, couple of nights out on walking street.

What about families?

Will (unvaccinated) kids , who travel with vaccinated parents, be allowed in? 

This seems such a basic question but it doesn't ever get mentioned in any of these announcements.

Edited by wordchild
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Pottinger said:

Hi

Cannot answer most of your questions but yesterday in TAT's announcement they mentioned 7 day packages priced between Baht 150,000 and Baht 200,000 (????), direct flights and if not available, subsidised special "domestic" from BKK to HKT. My reading of this is that you will stay the 7 days inside one resort and be "free" after that. Covid testing also. From the indicated pricing, choice I guess will be limited to places like Cape Panwa (government connected) but this is guesswork on my side. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I would not call 85.000 bt a lot for a two week holiday. Depends a bit on your standards of course.

I would doubt the number of tourist more then how much they spend. I paid 3000bt a night for a nice bungalow on the islands. Not everyone goes for the cheapest of the cheap.

Peanuts basically 

Yesterday it was 150000-200000. Few days more and maybe it will go even lower!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2114975/phuket-banking-on-129-000-arrivals

He said seven-day tour packages in Phuket will cost around 150,000-200,000 baht per person

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

And for a family of 4 parents and 2 kids they think they are going to spend 340,000 baht I DONT THINK SO 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Traisuree said that 70% vaccination of the locals population in the tourist areas was the target by later in the year. The ten provinces mentioned accounted for 80% of tourism revenue in the country in 2019.

These people seem to have  completely different agenda than the rest of the World.

It is 70 % of the entire population that need to be Vaccinated.

No Tourists are going to wander around a Country that has only maybe 10% of the entire population Vaccinated, for fear of carrying the Virus back home to loved ones.

And of course, this will only apply if Government have not placed Thailand on a Red Flag List.

• Haha 1

Should be called litterbox since people are still keep getting re-infected 1-2 more times after vaccination. USA TV host Bill Maher just tested positive again after fully vaccinated. 

So what does this tell us? They are host carriers that will infect people who are not vaccinated.

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

That's not much when you add in the hotel, very easily done, especially if you go to one of the price gouging holiday resorts which are opening first.