Recommended technician for air con diagnostics.

I know there used to be a pinned thread of recommended tradesmen on Samui, but I cannot find it, and any other threads for air con recommendations are fairly old.

So.  I have a problem with one of my York air con units. Air is not cold. No cooling whatsoever.

I had a guy check it and he says gas is ok, but he think compressor not working 100%. This doesn't inspire much confidence, and I would like to find someone who can properly check things before I have to lay out for a new compressor. Can anyone recommend someone who actually knows what they are doing please?

TIA

I use to use this fellow:

Somchay

Air Condition Service

099 329 0857

093 786 9409

My experience

If you have an old-fashioned compressor aircon repair might be worth it, but do consider a new inverter unit, which is much cheaper in power. LGs dual inverter starts from little more than 16,000 baht.

If you have an inverter unit then repair might be too expensive, consider buying a new rather than repairing an old one for half the price of a new unit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, phetphet said:

but he think compressor not working 100%

I believe the compressor  is one of the more reliable parts quite hard to break as long as there is still some oil circulating along with coolant which you seem to have...more likely to have gone bad is the start capacitor

(about 300 baht)  or the main board  ( about 1000 +++ baht )   I have had both those parts fail on my York aircon

which is a grand old age of 14 years.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, Tropicalevo said:

For the last decade or so I have used Ocean Air here in Plai Laem.

Kh Sak speaks good English 080 532 6509

Sorry - my partner tells me that khun  Sak has changed his number

His new number is - 094 715 8888

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Sorry - my partner tells me that khun  Sak has changed his number

His new number is - 094 715 8888

It's OK. When I called the old number it was diverted to the new one. He came this morning, fixed a leak and filled with gas. I might have to call him back though as it still doesn't seem like it's getting cold enough.

Today wasn't a hot day and only got the room temp down to 28.5 after an hour. Remote was set for 18 as a test.

• Like 1