Reports of Thailand easing ownership laws leads to increased interest in property from foreigners

webfact

We welcome you and your money, buy a condo. If you invite friends, neighbours or associates, we will charge you, apply a fine and consider to revoke your visa. However, no refund possible. And watch your neighbours, they might be trained snitches like ex STASI or KGB.

Think I'd rather invest 11.5m in Cyprus and gain permanent residency for me, my wife, my parents, my wife's parents and all my children under the age of 25.

"

PERMANENT RESIDENCY CYPRUS

Applicants can secure permanent residency in Cyprus through investment in real estate. The programme is one of the fastest and simplest investor visa programmes in Europe. It requires investment of just €300,000 into property to gain the Cyprus residency permit.The residency visa is granted within two months and covers the whole family. It includes parents of both the main applicant and spouse plus dependent children up to the age of 25. It is valid for life and can be passed down to dependents and spouse.

The permanent residency programme offers ease of travel throughout the European Union and requires just one visit to Cyprus by all family members once every two years. The investment may be made by a company for which the main applicant and spouse are beneficial owners. The investment can be in to a maximum of two properties provided they reach the €300,000 permanent residency limit. The properties purchased must be brand new."

And at 2 X €150,000 a property, it's way more reasonable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Same old stories regurgitated more and more frequently now......

Yes but is it the news or this forum? Other than covid there's really nothing else of much substance at all ....by the way not implying in any way that all the covid news has much substance either tbh. 

Edited by starky
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Imagine that being able to own everything lock stock and barrel without bending the rules, That would <deleted> off a lot of thai women when they know they cant get their grubby hands on it,

After robbing me of my 'Company' house, my ex-wife has just married a Swede and is living with him in my former house.  I agree with the Barnum 'quote' above; my ex has found two suckers already.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Think I'd rather invest 11.5m in Cyprus and gain permanent residency for me, my wife, my parents, my wife's parents and all my children under the age of 25.

"

PERMANENT RESIDENCY CYPRUS

Applicants can secure permanent residency in Cyprus through investment in real estate. The programme is one of the fastest and simplest investor visa programmes in Europe. It requires investment of just €300,000 into property to gain the Cyprus residency permit.The residency visa is granted within two months and covers the whole family. It includes parents of both the main applicant and spouse plus dependent children up to the age of 25. It is valid for life and can be passed down to dependents and spouse.

The permanent residency programme offers ease of travel throughout the European Union and requires just one visit to Cyprus by all family members once every two years. The investment may be made by a company for which the main applicant and spouse are beneficial owners. The investment can be in to a maximum of two properties provided they reach the €300,000 permanent residency limit. The properties purchased must be brand new."

And at 2 X €150,000 a property, it's way more reasonable. 

Over the years Ive known a few people move out of Thailand and go to Cyprus and never came back, one guy told me you can also import a car duty free.

9 minutes ago, mikebell said:

After robbing me of my 'Company' house, my ex-wife has just married a Swede and is living with him in my former house.  I agree with the Barnum 'quote' above; my ex has found two suckers already.

Living in Phuket I've seen that many times, One story near me his so called wife forged the documents and borrowed about 6 million baht, she eventually got 5 years jail but he still lost the house