Another TM30 thread, sorry...

Hi guys,

I have a friend who has to extend his Elite visa next Tuesday at Bkk immigration. Elite staff will meet him to do the work for him. Anyway, they said he needed his TM30 to proceed.

He has never done it and we'd like to know how to proceed. He currently rents a condo in Bangkok.

Can he go an hour before the Elite appointment to immigration to do his TM30 with no appointment?

What does he need for them to make it? A rental lease agreement is enough? Also, in terms of fines, has it been standardized or can it vary (800/1600 or more)?

I would really appreciate if anyone could walk me through that, Thanks!

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Has a TM30 report been done before for his current residence before. If yes another one is not required.

It really is the owners responsibility to do the report.

Thanks, unfortunately he has never had a TM30 done. I know, his landlord should have, but at this point it doesn't matter, we just want to be able to do it at immigration and pay the fine so that Elite staff can proceed with the rest. We just don't know the process and the required documents...

Just now, ubonjoe said:

He will need the rental agreement and signed copies of the owners house book and ID card,

Thank you for your time, does he need to make an appointment for that or can he just walk in? Also, any idea what the fine will be?

He can complete, sign and file the TM30 himself as the tenant (occupier) of the Condo.

However he may need a rental agreement and/or proof of address, such as signed copies of the Thai owners Tabien Baan and ID card, or if a foreign owner signed copies of their Passport and Chanute.

• Like 1

Just now, Tanoshi said:

He can complete, sign and file the TM30 himself as the tenant (occupier) of the Condo.

However he may need a rental agreement and/or proof of address, such as signed copies of the Thai owners Tabien Baan and ID card, or if a foreign owner signed copies of their Passport and Chanute.

Thank you, it is a Thai landlord so we will ask for the signed copies of ID card and tabien baan.

4 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Thank you for your time, does he need to make an appointment for that or can he just walk in? Also, any idea what the fine will be?

The fine cannot exceed 2,000 baht.

It's at the IO's discretion, but quite commonly 800 baht seems to be the standard fine.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

The fine cannot exceed 2,000 baht.

It's at the IO's discretion, but quite commonly 800 baht seems to be the standard fine.

Ok, thank you very much. Last thing unanswered yet, can we just walk to immigration office to file for TM30 or do we need an appointment?

9 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Ok, thank you very much. Last thing unanswered yet, can we just walk to immigration office to file for TM30 or do we need an appointment?

You will certainly have to file the TOM30 first before proceeding with the extension application.

These may be separate desks, but I am not familiar with CW Immigration.

@ubonjoecan advise better on your question.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You will certainly have to file the TOM30 first before proceeding with the extension application.

These may be separate desks, but I am not familiar with CW Immigration.

@ubonjoecan advise better on your question.

Thanks, we plan on going there about 1 hour before the meeting with Elite, does it sound realistic timewise to complete the TM30?

Just now, BKKTRAVELER said:

Thanks, we plan on going there about 1 hour before the meeting with Elite, does it sound realistic timewise to complete the TM30?

And my original question was, do I need to contact CW immigration prior to going and ask an appointment for TM30 filing purpose, or can we just walk in with no appointment and file the TM30? sorry, I know I'm a bit confusing 555

And thanks again for taking the time, greatly appreciated!

8 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

The TM30 reports are done at the Muang Thong Thani office. 

Info here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/07/03/ประชาสัมพันธ์ย้ายเคาน์/

A appointment can be made to do it there. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM30 reports are done at the Muang Thong Thani office. Info here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/07/03/ประชาสัมพันธ์ย้ายเคาน์/

A appointment can be made to do it there. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Well, that's very annoying... I'll have to reschedule the time with Elite I guess.

5 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

Do you not think the Elite 'people' should be advising on this? What's your friend actually paying them for?

Thing is, they said to bring the TM30, will be needed. I helped him in the past to do his Elite extensions at CW and we never have been asked for TM30. But Elite says it is needed.

And this time we need them to come as he is transferring his visa into his new passport.

Btw, they will assist for 3 steps: 1. transfer last entry stamp of arrival into new passport, 2. transfer visa sticker into new passport, 3. extend his visa. They ask 2,000 baht.. per service... so 6,000 baht for a few hours... + 1,900 baht for the standard visa extension application.

The TM30 is really the icing on the cake...

26 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Btw, they will assist for 3 steps: 1. transfer last entry stamp of arrival into new passport, 2. transfer visa sticker into new passport, 3. extend his visa. They ask 2,000 baht.. per service... so 6,000 baht for a few hours... + 1,900 baht for the standard visa extension application.

Skip the "Elite Service" and do it yourself and save your Baht 6,000.

In Pattaya Immigration TM30 is a walk in service.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Thing is, they said to bring the TM30, will be needed. I helped him in the past to do his Elite extensions at CW and we never have been asked for TM30. But Elite says it is needed.

How long has he been here?

The requirement to file a TM30 was never previously enforced at many IO's, CW being one of them.

Then I recall it suddenly being enforced throughout the Country and CW fining those who they previously informed it wasn't needed. TIT.

Check the back pages of his Passport. The receipt of filing a TM30 is often stapled in the back.

If he has such a receipt, then there is no further need to file a further TM30.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

TM30 form. Notification Form for House Master, Owner or Possessor of residence where alien has stayed. TM30-New.pdf

TM7 Extension application Form.  TM7 BlankFillable Form-Alan.pdf

Transfer stamps to new Passport application form.  Tranferstampsnewpassport.pdf

1. File the TM30.

2. Transfer stamps to new Passport.

3. Apply for extension.

Edited by Tanoshi

53 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

The TM30 is really the icing on the cake...

Immigration Act 1979.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.
In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1
is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division.

Section 4. “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Very surprised for what you pay for the Elite Visa that they do not inform you or ensure this is complied with as part of the service.

Ok, thanks all for your answers.

First, the reason we asked for their assistance is that to transfer the Elite sticker into the new passport, you apparently need their EPL staff at immigration.

For the extension of permit of stay, he is at the end of his 5 years and will get the extra 6 months offered by Elite because of covid 19. It can be done alone, but he is more comfortable with the staff taking care of it to avoid any possible headaches.

Transfer or arrival stamp could have been done alone. But he is not in the mood to do anything by himself, so it satisfies him. Considering he is getting 6 months "free" with Elite, he is ok to pay for their services this time.

Also, I just called Elite. Instead of going through their member service, I contacted straight the lady who will assist him at immigration. I explained her that he is renting a condo but that the owner never did the TM30 and that he lives upcountry and not very cooperative. I explained that every time he never needed TM30 for his extension of permit of stay. Bottom line, she said it should be ok WITHOUT the TM30, just to bring his rental agreement as a proof of residence. She was very kind and helpful and said it will be managed.

I will report next week to let you know how it worked out!

Thanks again for all your assistance, you guys truly rock!

13 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

you apparently need their EPL staff at immigration.

Sorry, but what is an EPL staff member? Nothing to do with the English Premier League, I take it?????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Exactly... I think he is PAYING for a service...

Well, they did tell him all that was required for the different processes. When I said he didn't have TM30, she said she'll manage with a rental agreement. There is nothing much to complain about it. He is happy to have someone take care of everything for him, if he was more adventurous he would try 2 of the 3 processes by himself.

22 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Well, they did tell him all that was required for the different processes. When I said he didn't have TM30, she said she'll manage with a rental agreement. There is nothing much to complain about it. He is happy to have someone take care of everything for him, if he was more adventurous he would try 2 of the 3 processes by himself.

Maybe the wildest adventure in his life so far,a lot more to expect here. 55555

Just a quick update, we went to CW this morning and everything went fine. He didn't have a TM30 but it was not asked for the extension, as expected.

Also, the 6 months were given with no issues whatsoever in case it helps for others who are toward the end of their Elite membership. Make sure to book in advance if you need EPL staff as they need at least 5 working days to make an appointment at CW.

Immigration was very quiet, like I had never seen before, maybe 100 people total.