hello, are covid extensions still available ?

19 minutes ago, thto said:

What does it mean please ?

In your passport you will have a stamp the has date of your current "permission of stay" date. 

"Admitted until....."

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

@thto, the covid extensions are currently being issued till end of May. Meaning if you obtained one late May the 60 day extension would give you permit till late July. Think all the experts suggest that towards end of May the issue of covid will be continued will be announced.

When does your current permit end?

9 minutes ago, Jeffro008 said:

If a Work Permit and NON-B visa are canceled by the company will I automaticly get a covid extension stamp or will i have to apply for it at a different counter in immigration ? 

You would apply for the 60 day extension at a different desk dependent upon the office you apply at after you cancel your current extension of stay (visas are not cancelled by immigration).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would apply for the 60 day extension at a different desk dependent upon the office you apply at after you cancel your current extension of stay (visas are not cancelled by immigration).

Thanks ubonjoe but if the WP & non-b are cancelled or terminated on Monday 17th and I fly out on Friday 21st do I have 7 days grace period without overstay fines or do I still need to apply for a visit visa extension ?

57 minutes ago, Jeffro008 said:

Thanks ubonjoe but if the WP & non-b are cancelled or terminated on Monday 17th and I fly out on Friday 21st do I have 7 days grace period without overstay fines or do I still need to apply for a visit visa extension ?

Your permission to stay ends on 17th, there is no 7 day grace period. If flying out on 21st you would pay 2000THB overstay fine, so better just apply for an extension for 1900THB, saves you 100THB and you are legal ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffro008 said:

There is no 7 days to leave the country unless working for a BOI company and they do a stamp for it.

You can apply for a extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to be leave the country.

You would be fined for 4 days of overstay at 500 baht per day you when leave on the 21st if you don't get a extension.

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day covid 19 extensions are available for anybody with a valid permit to stay in the country.

Hi ubonjoe, I'm currently on the last legs of my STV visa which expires next month. Would you happen to be aware if STV-holders are also eligible to procure a 60-day covid 19 extension? I did try to enquire with one particular IO at CW last month, however she brushed off my query with "no. no. no more extend." So I'm hoping if anyone here may be able to share any experience that suggests otherwise?

11 hours ago, 5ilver said:

Hi ubonjoe, I'm currently on the last legs of my STV visa which expires next month. Would you happen to be aware if STV-holders are also eligible to procure a 60-day covid 19 extension? I did try to enquire with one particular IO at CW last month, however she brushed off my query with "no. no. no more extend." So I'm hoping if anyone here may be able to share any experience that suggests otherwise?

Your visas expiration date means nothing now. Have you applied for both 90 day extensions allowed?

I have not seen any reports of a 90 day extension under the STV rules being able apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. All you can do is try.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, Jeffro008 said:

If a Work Permit and NON-B visa are canceled by the company will I automaticly get a covid extension stamp or will i have to apply for it at a different counter in immigration ? 

Any advise please ?

I quit my last job a few months back. There's nothing automatic about it. First, your old job has to give you a paper from the labor office showing your last day of work. They should've taken your work permit and canceled it to get this.

You get the paper either with this logo at the top, or a stamped signature at the bottom, your last day of work (which should be the day you get the paper), your name, and the words ออกจากงาน somewhere (out from work). You must go to immigration with this on the same day.

Normally, you have to leave the country on this same day, or get a 7 day extension. But now you can get the 60 day Covid extension. Ask for this, fill out the paperwork, pay the 1900 baht.

You may first get a 7 day "under consideration", and then have to go back for the remaining 53 days, like I did. What a hassle. Thank God I'm now in Issan, where getting my new Non-B was a breeze.

download.png