Thai company trying to force staff to vaccine with chinese vaccine, legal or not ? Can they fire staff who doesn't accept ?

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Then the person has a choice, take the vaccination or find an other job. The thing is many anti vaxers do want all the rights but never want to have the burdens that come with their choice. 

Yes the "choice"  to take a  rushed,experimental,approved under emergency measures

with no legal  consequences for the manufactures vaccine or be deprived of a job so possibly loose everything they already worked for their whole life,  not really much of a choice is it ?   I think its called Hobson's choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes it seems this way. I was wrong i was under the impression that Jansen and Jansen was Dutch hence my mistake. You were right and I was wrong.

I don't know about corruption in Belgium. But yes i made a mistake you were right. 

No problem Rob, geen probleem.

9 hours ago, johng said:

The persons already vaccinated will be protected from developing severe Covid symptoms that's what the vaccine does right ?

1. Vaccines are not 100% effective.  A vaccinated person can still get infected, but at a much lower chance.  A vaccinated person who gets infected, can get seriously sick (and possibly die), although again at a much lower chance.  

2. Some people may not be able to get a vaccine due to medical conditions.

10 hours ago, thailandusauk said:

Sheeps will all be vaccinated, so why someone who doesn't want should also be ?

The company in the OP isn't forcing/coercing their employees to get vaccinated.  It's a condition of employment.  If you refuse the vaccine and stay home (and don't get paid), they are OK with it.  It's like me taking goods from a store, and then be "forced" to pay for it.  Or being a citizen of a country and be forced to pay taxes on my earnings.

10 hours ago, thailandusauk said:

Sheeps will all be vaccinated, so why someone who doesn't want should also be ?

So that Anti-vaxxer water buffalos  don't bread new variants among  them and kill us all. 

20 hours ago, robblok said:

Stupidity rules in some posters. Thinking that the Netherlands has a French speaking part

actually it did, so I’d prefer to think that those you refer to are a bit slow, but only about 400 or 300 years.

in any case, at that time it was already clear that French and Germans, the neighboring countries, were not to be joked about. 

therefore emerged the need to create the famous country of Belgium, so  that Dutch and Belgians could be joyfully joking about each others stinginess, beer and fries, and mental oddities ever since and live happily forever after. 

(and create the precursor to the EU together with Luxembourg)

Edited by KKr
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KKr said:

actually it did,

but then it was already clear that French and Germans, the neighboring countries, were not to be joked about. 

therefore emerged the need to create the famous country of Belgium, so  that Dutch and Belgians could be joyfully joking about each others stinginess, beer and fries, and mental oddities ever since and live happily forever after. 

(and create the precursor to the EU together with Luxembourg)

Come on its not a joke that the people from Belgium lack intelligence its a fact we Dutch always put out there ????

Like how to drive a Belgium mad, telling them that there are fries in the corner of a round room. ????

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Come on its not a joke that the people from Belgium lack intelligence its a fact we Dutch always put out there ????

Like how to drive a Belgium mad, telling them that there are fries in the corner of a round room. ????

trying to remember a joke about the Dutch, but nothing comes to mind ????????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KKr said:

trying to remember a joke about the Dutch, but nothing comes to mind ????????

Husband to wife: "Honey, add another liter of water to the soup, we are having company for dinner!"

• Haha 1

why are the Netherlands so flat ?

so they can see visitors coming before dinner time, then lock the door and hide under the table.

off topic already....

I think generally accepted practice is that labor contracts have to be minimum standard as per Law. 

Now, if an employer wishes to create enhanced safe environment on top of that, but the employee does not agree with the reasonable measures introduced to that effect, the employee would be in breach of contract and can be let go.

(if can find the time will seek to underpin with relevant clauses in Thai Law)

Edited by KKr

15 hours ago, wadman said:

A vaccinated person who gets infected, can get seriously sick (and possibly die), although again at a much lower chance.

claims are now that full vaccination will keep patient out of hospital .

On 5/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, SomchaiCNX said:

They probably made the virus so they are ahead of the rest to fight it.

come on .... rather farfetched theory ainit ....

On 5/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, Deerculler said:

With millions of people having been vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine. We have not heard of millions dying.

So can someone tell me what is everyone concerned about?

You don't die from smoking 1, 20, 100 cigarettes either.

I don't believe the vaccine does cause problems but I don't know it doesn't.

As they say time will tell.

I've heard Sinovac its better than a bad bout of Covid. Reactions are rare, its not the best, but I am old school, and believe vaccinations saved me from Polio and Smallpox and other earthly delights, so as far as I'm concerned, anyone refusing a vaccine that does not have significant statistical adverse effects, is at best a prima donna -especially given how few people even get the chance here right now, or at worst, a bad covid casualty waiting to happen. I am reliably informed that a severe bout of Covid, not even one that needs ICU is a living hell, but by all means you're within your rights to choose that future too. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

I've heard Sinovac its better than a bad bout of Covid. Reactions are rare, its not the best, but I am old school, and believe vaccinations saved me from Polio and Smallpox and other earthly delights, so as far as I'm concerned, anyone refusing a vaccine that does not have significant statistical adverse effects, is at best a prima donna -especially given how few people even get the chance here right now, or at worst, a bad covid casualty waiting to happen. I am reliably informed that a severe bout of Covid, not even one that needs ICU is a living hell, but by all means you're within your rights to choose that future too. 

yes very useful to vaccine against a virus that kills 0.000001 % of the populace...

1 minute ago, salsajapan said:

yes very useful to vaccine against a virus that kills 0.000001 % of the populace...

Its not about death. But I only state, I never debate my own decisions or rationale, go right ahead,  you do you, have a wonderful vaccine free life!

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2021 at 7:58 PM, johng said:

Yes the "choice"  to take a  rushed,experimental,approved under emergency measures

with no legal  consequences for the manufactures vaccine or be deprived of a job so possibly loose everything they already worked for their whole life,  not really much of a choice is it ?   I think its called Hobson's choice.

so true !!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

Luckily I only use fake names and VPN everywhere, I wonder what all these skum will do with your data !!!

a honest man has nothing to hide! you must be a criminal.

Our company's HR Manager in BKK told me this is being debated in local HR forums now, and the general consensus is yes, you can be terminated without compensation (no severance pay) for refusing to be vaccinated. It is yet to be tested in a labor court. The reasoning is that you could be endangering the lives of coworkers and their families, and are increasing the risk of business disruption to the company if you bring COVID into the office.

So they can get you on Health & Safety Policies at least, and perhaps negligence which potentially damages the company, or not acting in the best interests of the company, etc.

I think most company's regulations include paragraphs that can be stretched to justify this, even though the were not originally intended for this specific purpose.

Edited by myprivate
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 4:15 PM, myprivate said:

Our company's HR Manager in BKK told me this is being debated in local HR forums now, and the general consensus is yes, you can be terminated without compensation (no severance pay) for refusing to be vaccinated. It is yet to be tested in a labor court. The reasoning is that you could be endangering the lives of coworkers and their families, and are increasing the risk of business disruption to the company if you bring COVID into the office.

So they can get you on Health & Safety Policies at least, and perhaps negligence which potentially damages the company, or not acting in the best interests of the company, etc.

I think most company's regulations include paragraphs that can be stretched to justify this, even though the were not originally intended for this specific purpose.

So ? Staff able to think on his know and not accepting the nonsense about the virus and the vaccine, still has to accept ?!