Photocopies ok to get Yellow Book Tabian Baan?

Are photocopies of Passport + Thai marriage certificate ok for the Tabian Baan?

Or do I have to get a certified Passport photocopy from the US Embassy, get it professionally translated + certified by the Thai Foreign Affairs Office ...like I did for the Thai Marriage Certificate?

The requirements from individual Amphoe's can vary, so you should first check with them.

This is the requirement at mine, yours may vary.

First and foremost, you must have the permission of the Blue book holder to use their address for registration. They have to attend with you to sign the application form.

Under the Civil Registration Act, a Yellow House book can be issued to any foreigner meeting the requirements, regardless of his marital status, or living situation.

Original Documents.

1. Passport.

2. Certified (Embassy) copy of your Passport, translated into Thai, then the certified copy and translation legalized by the Legalisation department of Thailand's MFA.

3. 2 x Passport Photos for application form.

Copies.

1. Passport Photo Page.

2. Passport page of current Visa or Extension.

3. TM6 (Departure card)

4. House owners Tabien Baan (signed with tele number)

5. House owners ID card (signed with tele number)

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

They need your parents name and D. O. B translated into Thai and stamped. Your parents names are entered into the yellow book. My Amphur didn't ask for the passport translated because you get the residence cerficate from immgration. So why do they need a translated copy of your passport? Its amazing that many embassy dint provide affadvits or letters. 

• Like 1

OP, As others have said, the requirements can vary depending on the local ampher. Usually an MFA certified translation of you name (and parents) is required. If you are married in Thailand, you already have an MFA certified translation of the names, if you still have the documents.

I was able to present marriage documents in liew of getting passport translated etc, at my local ampher

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the replies. Looks like we'll make a trip to the local Amphur Office to double check. My "landlord" is my wife, and the Amphur Boss already signed our Thai Marriage certificate at our wedding a few months back, so with luck they can reuse the same certified MFA documents on file. Cheers!

I have had a yellow-book for about 5 years. I drove the wife to the Amphur's  office. She submitted her blue-book, our marriage certificate and my passport, while I sat in the waiting area.  My only contribution was the 20 baht fee. About 30 minutes later, we were on our way back home.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The requirements from individual Amphoe's can vary, so you should first check with them.

This is the requirement at mine, yours may vary.

First and foremost, you must have the permission of the Blue book holder to use their address for registration. They have to attend with you to sign the application form.

Under the Civil Registration Act, a Yellow House book can be issued to any foreigner meeting the requirements, regardless of his marital status, or living situation.

Original Documents.

1. Passport.

2. Certified (Embassy) copy of your Passport, translated into Thai, then the certified copy and translation legalized by the Legalisation department of Thailand's MFA.

3. 2 x Passport Photos for application form.

Copies.

1. Passport Photo Page.

2. Passport page of current Visa or Extension.

3. TM6 (Departure card)

4. House owners Tabien Baan (signed with tele number)

5. House owners ID card (signed with tele number)

Those were the requirements for me at Bangkhae Amphoe. When I went to the Amphoe with the Bluebook holder, It took a few hours to do the paperwork but it went very smoothly and the civil servants were, well, quite civil. I was then directed to another office worker to get the pink ID card. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, creative1000 said:

Are photocopies of Passport + Thai marriage certificate ok for the Tabian Baan?

It really depends of where you stay. You need to go to the tessa ban-office (not amphor, but the office that issue building permissions and house books), and aks what they require.

Some posters have said it easy-peasy to get a yellow house book for aliens, whilst others needed a lot of documentation; including myself, with officially translated passport and two witnesses knowing me well, typically neighbors of which one should be government employed, and an interview (translator was accepted).

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, creative1000 said:

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the replies. Looks like we'll make a trip to the local Amphur Office to double check. My "landlord" is my wife, and the Amphur Boss already signed our Thai Marriage certificate at our wedding a few months back, so with luck they can reuse the same certified MFA documents on file. Cheers!

Did mine no translations needed or parents DOB . Took my wife of course not a copy of her LMFO. Good Idea just turn up at your local Amphur, I can't remember if i needed a L.O. Residency though.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 7:08 AM, Peterw42 said:

OP, As others have said, the requirements can vary depending on the local ampher. Usually an MFA certified translation of you name (and parents) is required. If you are married in Thailand, you already have an MFA certified translation of the names, if you still have the documents.

I was able to present marriage documents in liew of getting passport translated etc, at my local ampher

Immgration residence  certificate has your name in Thai and last time I checked there are no parent names in your passport. The reason they take marriage certificates is for your parents names. No another reasons 

9 hours ago, arick said:

Immigration residence  certificate has your name in Thai and last time I checked there are no parent names in your passport. The reason they take marriage certificates is for your parents names. No another reasons 

Your name is NOT in Thai on an immigration resident certificate.

Amphers get an MFA certified translation of your name from either a passport translation, or marriage documents.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Your name is NOT in Thai on an immigration resident certificate.

Amphers get an MFA certified translation of your name from either a passport translation, or marriage documents.

Your parents names are on the UK marriage certificate. Question does it just need to be translated certified and post to the MFA. We dont need it stamped by an embassy? 

3 minutes ago, arick said:

Your parents names are on the UK marriage certificate. Question does it just need to be translated certified and post to the MFA. We dont need it stamped by an embassy? 

Th MFA certifies and legalizes translations (ie: its a correct translation from a legitimate document) It depends on the document but they usually want an embassy stamp saying the docs are real etc, otherwise it could just be a document you made up in photoshop.

As everyone says, the requirements can vary depending on the Amphur, but the basic requirement is an MFA certified translation of yours and parents name. 

What a lot of people don't realise is Thai (or foreign MFA certified) marriage documents already contain the required MFA certified translations of yours and parents names. If you don't have marriage docs then its usually a matter of getting passport, birth certified etc, translated and MFA certified.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Th MFA certifies and legalizes translations (ie: its a correct translation from a legitimate document) It depends on the document but they usually want an embassy stamp saying the docs are real etc, otherwise it could just be a document you made up in photoshop.

As everyone says, the requirements can vary depending on the Amphur, but the basic requirement is an MFA certified translation of yours and parents name. 

What a lot of people don't realise is Thai (or foreign MFA certified) marriage documents already contain the required MFA certified translations of yours and parents names. If you don't have marriage docs then its usually a matter of getting passport, birth certified etc, translated and MFA certified.

My name is already in Thai on the Chanote? So I will ask them this morning what else it could just be my parents names. The MFA website doesn't ask for a stamped copy of the document the just ask for the original with stamped translation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I will collect yellow book in the morning. After my partner called his sisters in other province Amphur and them call my Amphur in Chiayaphum. The only documents needed was a photo copy of my passport and visa and house book nothing else. No translation nothing from the MFA. The Buriam office just kept laughing saying Canadians just need a copy of their passport. Maybe because Miss universe Thailand is half Canadian....... 555

• Like 2

I feel I was quite lucky. They accepted the Thai translation of my name from my Thai marriage cert. The translation of my parents names was done by the HR dept at work (Not certified). They were happy with that.

My parents names aren't on my Thai marriage cert.