Here's a query for experienced visa experts only

Why not train  it Hanoi Beijing trans Siberian to Moscow then peice of cake to London

Pretty sure it can be done i have done both trans Siberian and trans Mongolian several times in tour leading game

so if desperate to get home without flying this is only way 

Timing excluding visa stops buying tickets would be a few weeks 

https://rail.cc/train/hanoi-to-london#r1

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, Tapster said:

It seems that they can stay, but in an illegal sort of limbo, that they are not very happy about. I certainly wouldn't be happy in such a position, either.

Nor me. Certainly not ideal—guy should have chased passport—but I’d be inclined to just stay put. Son cannot fly, what to do. Overland would be arduous.

Defo worth chasing up H Consul. 

• Like 1

Basically, there are two options:

1. Some well connected agents are able to fix this, but the cost is currently astronomical.

2. Exit and re-enter Thailand. However, blacklisting is likely if the ground is not prepared carefully before leaving. See if the senior Phucket guy you have contact with is willing to write a short letter to airport immigration recommending leniency.

11 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

after 40 days max. legal overstay, assume by law you will normally be permanently deported .

There is no legal overstay. I day is not legal.

The 40 days is when you reach the 20k baht maximum fine at 500 baht per day.

See the penalties posted earlier in this topic for a overstay.

If caught with an overstay of 1 day you could be put in detention, deported and banned from entering the country for 5 years.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Many unexplained elements in this case, including the vital issue of why it took so long to obtain a new passport. How long does it normally take..?

Thinking the same; was a police report made concerning the lost passport?

I think a lot of people here are misunderstanding not fit to fly, that basically means unfit to TRAVEL. 

8 hours ago, poohy said:

Why not train  it Hanoi Beijing trans Siberian to Moscow then peice of cake to London

Pretty sure it can be done i have done both trans Siberian and trans Mongolian several times in tour leading game

so how do you get to Hanoi ? I did the trans-Siberian 1988 and it goes to Berlin from Beijing it took 7days with an overnight in Moscow oh and don't forget all the required transit visas. A 70yr old with a brain damaged son, what an arduous journey that would be . The point is unfit to fly usually means unfit for any travel.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, poohy said:

Why not train  it Hanoi Beijing trans Siberian to Moscow then piece of cake to London

so if desperate to get home without flying this is only way 

Timing excluding visa stops buying tickets would be a few weeks 

https://rail.cc/train/hanoi-to-london#r1

But can it be done nowadays with Covid as rampant as it is?

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Bangkok/Beijing

https://rail.cc/train/bangkok-to-vladivostok

2 hours ago, lazygourmet said:

Brand new bus service from Delhi to London has Bangkok included as a stopover.

Unfortunately, for some obvious reasons, their inaugural journey planned early this May 2021 has been postponed to an unknown departure date.

Bus to London

From Delhi to London BKK as stopover????? Going by the moon to get to Mars????

28 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But can it be done nowadays with Covid as rampant as it is?

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Bangkok/Beijing

https://rail.cc/train/bangkok-to-vladivostok

Well that's probably a problem for sure i wont attempt until vaccinated and covid has died down. The journey is actually pretty easy without covid problems, although if not mobile and in poor health (if that is indeed the sons case and he cant just not fly)it should not be attempted.

I would go back to some old haunts so i would imagine my trip would  2/3 months although direct non stop ish it would be much shorter

3 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

From Delhi to London BKK as stopover????? Going by the moon to get to Mars????

Just open the provided link and have a look at their planned route schedule before posting an obsolete comment.

@ubonjoe

I was hoping you might see this thread. Please may I have your opinion on the following questions:

Do you have any comments on this case?

Has the UK embassy intervened in similar cases?

Who can these two men appeal to, for help?

Many thanks     ????

On 5/14/2021 at 5:40 PM, Ventenio said:

Understand we are simply TVF jokers....take all the "advice" as if it is just that.....

When i joke,  people here take me seriously.    When I am serious,  people wonder if I am joking.

must be good at what i do  ????????

3 hours ago, Tapster said:

Do you have any comments on this case?
Has the UK embassy intervened in similar cases?

Who can these two men appeal to, for help?

They were given incorrect or misleading info by the officer at the Phuket port.

I think the hospital was a fault for not helping the son get a 90 extension for medical care at immigration. Plus of course losing his passport. 

I am not aware of the UK embassy being of much help unless in jail or at the immigration detention center. They might of been able to get the sons passport quicker if they were made aware of the problem.

There is not much that can be done done other than leaving the country and paying the 20k baht overstay fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ubonjoe

Thank you.

In short, you think they should cut their losses and leave the country?

But, the son cannot fly. What can they do about that? The posts here about taking a camel back to Blighty are funny but not helpful.

Even if they left the country, they could not re-enter because of being blacklisted.

They have nowhere to live in the UK, and the son can't fly out of Thailand. I think that's enough to make them stay here; at least the immigration boss has said they can leave whenever they like. They just have to keep their heads down and their noses clean.

Is there nothing else they can do? Is there no appeal to a higher immigration authority?

54 minutes ago, Tapster said:

Is there nothing else they can do? Is there no appeal to a higher immigration authority?

Appeal what? They haven't been charged with anything, so there is nothing to appeal.

If they would get arrested and sent to IDC they could probably appeal the deportation, but I doubt they would be successful. They would of course sit in IDC until this went through the court.

In case the appeal would not be granted he would sit in IDC until he is able to fly. This is definitely not the route anybody should go.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, Thingamabob said:

Many unexplained elements in this case, including the vital issue of why it took so long to obtain a new passport. How long does it normally take..?

2020 start of Covid.

International flights banned.

VFS office closed for weeks.

Son in a non responsive position.

Is that enough vital issues that possibly caused a delay.

On 5/15/2021 at 10:09 PM, billd766 said:

The biggest problem at the moment to get to Istanbul overland  would be virtually impossible IMHO.

They would have to go via Myanmar, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, probably Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria , Jordan, Lebanon which will get them to the Mediterranean. from there the options would be easier to get to the UK.

At every border there would be holdups due to various wars and Covid would be a blocker all the way and all the time.

I don't know what meds the son is on but they would need to take at least 3 months supply and if any meds need to be kept in a fridge, overland would be ruled out.

Sorry for the dismal posts but quite a while ago I had planned to take 2 Land Rovers and trailers from Singapore to the UK and that was long before Covid and many of the local wars that pop up every so often.

We decided not to make the trip and we were 4 fit young men, and could see the difficulties that lay ahead.

Have you tried to contact my team yet regarding this situation?

My team would need to see the exact expiration dates / last visas, and see if anything can be done (if anything).

But as other posters have posted the longer you wait the more complicated things get, and eventually the only option will be to leave the country.

LINE: @ThaiVisaCentre 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tapster said:

But, the son cannot fly. What can they do about that? The posts here about taking a camel back to Blighty are funny but not helpful.

I am sorry that you thought my post was un helpful I have taken wheelchair bound passengers on the past so was serously offering help

Anyway it seems that the son is far worse  than wheelchair bound (possibly semi comatose certainly bedridden you did not make it clear not being able to fly could just be pressurization issue) so of course this trip is not possible

I am sure a good agent will sort it out If not and he cant travel overland theres sadly no choice but to sit it out here

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, poohy said:

Anyway it seems that the son is far worse  than wheelchair bound (possibly semi comatose certainly bedridden you did not make it clear not being able to fly could just be pressurization issue) so of course this trip is not possible

It would be costly but a air ambulance is an option. I am sure they have the ability to transport any case.

10 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Have you tried to contact my team yet regarding this situation?

My team would need to see the exact expiration dates / last visas, and see if anything can be done (if anything).

But as other posters have posted the longer you wait the more complicated things get, and eventually the only option will be to leave the country.

LINE: @ThaiVisaCentre 

I posted that as a response to a post by wpcoe here 

On 5/15/2021 at 8:48 AM, wpcoe said:

On 5/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, Thingamabob said:

Took me 3 weeks recently,

Can't blame immigration here, the are being nice actually.

Sorry, I am not an expert visa person but thought that the son would get special treatment but the father seems to think he should too.

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Sounds like they would rather be legal. 

Not sure what is implied by this comment.

At the moment they are not legal, and are staying here illegally.

Some agents might be able to help them, get back on the legal route of having a valid permission of stay.

Would have been a lot easier if he just contacted an agent months ago.

• Like 2