Gecko in bedroom

sirineou

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Use this and he wont stay around for long!

SARGENT Gecko Repellent Spray 600ml | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.WHcId

there are small versions of it too.

I was kind of hopping for something more dramatic. This spray thing is a bit anticlimactic, but what the heck. 

I already order the spray, I will save my wrath for the neighbors chickens. 

• Like 2

You might be able to chase it out of the room but it will require an open door and plenty of patience.

I just ignore them but they don't wake me up. If they did wake me then I'd get them out one way or another.

They run for their lives when you go near them, so poke it with a stick and it will run out into the open then you need to 'herd it' towards an open window or door.

But if it thinks there's food in your room it will find its way back.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Use this and he wont stay around for long!

SARGENT Gecko Repellent Spray 600ml | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.WHcId

there are small versions of it too.

Cheers Charlie. Can you close my thread on the same topic, as I'm being treated like Satan over there, with folk wheeling out the same old cliched nonsense about them eating insects etc. Cheers.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I have watched them devouring all manner of bugs that settle on my monitor, mozzies included.

Don't doubt it. What about elsewhere? On the walls or floors?  I repeat, I've never seen a gecko eat/catch a mozzie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, if you've never seen one eat a mosquito it must be fact that they never eat mosquitos.   I've never seen a gecko eat anything so, using your "logic", geckos must never eat anything.   So how come they're still around?   Maybe they eat mosquitos when we're not looking?

Like I said, I have never seen one eat a mozzie. Fact. It's that simple. Sorry if that offends you, pal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A very good tried and tested remedy is to chop up a small amount of tobacco into I fine pile, then mix it with some coffee grounds 50/50 ratio, and roll it into very small balls.

The chin chuks will be attracted to the coffee and eat it, but the tabaco will kill them.

Another is to put some coffee grounds in the middle of one of those sticky pads for catching mice, and place it on top of the wardrobe.

Another is to get a cat, and last but not least, you could learn to live with them.

That was my preferred choice, until they broke a couple of my air cons by shorting the mother board.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Bug spray kills them pretty quick.

agree, I use the mosquito spray Baygon, it makes the, dizzy, fall on the floor and then easy to smash or throw away

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1