Academics Voice Concern over Young Children Watching Online Lessons

snoop1130

12c67c5ab502645068e0eba292da3cd8_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Academics have voiced concern over young children watching online lessons, as much of the online content does not fully enhance creative development.

Dr Pairoj Saonuam, of the Thai Health Promotion Foundation, said surveys show that parents are allowing children to get connected to the internet from the age of three, earlier than in the past.

He said a survey, among 945 primary and secondary school students, found that many secondary school students spend 6-8 hours online, 61% of which is for online education and the rest is on social and entertainment platforms.

Dr Pairoj said the foundation will improve online media, and push children to develop literacy through quality sources. Moreover, they will be trained to have necessary skills, including creativity, critical thinking, information literacy and working skills.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-05-14

"Dr Pairoj Saonuam, of the Thai Health Promotion Foundation, said surveys show that parents are allowing children to get connected to the internet from the age of three, earlier than in the past. "

Dr. Pairoj Saonuam needs to take another look.  I have seen many Thai children younger than three years old being babysat by YouTube on a phone or tablet.

• Like 1

What a load of rubbish, the very successful Australia "School of the Air" have been remotely teaching for a long period of time to hundreds of kids scattered across the outback of Aust very successfully with out the modern technology available today. 

He is right. From assisting my 13 year old last year I can testify that all the online teaching she received was not creative, stimulating or had any real educational value. I did tell my ex to speak to the school and offered to download more stimulating teaching aids from BBC bitesize website, but I very much doubt she spoke a single word to them about it. You just give up and realise she will need more support later in her life ????

• Like 1