Why Do Foreigners Fully Vaccinated Need To Be Quarantined ?

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

I can prove it now just check me before and after the flight good enough.

No it isn't good enough.  The incubation period can be as long as 14 days, hence the need for quarantine.  You wouldn't want to get back and infect your family.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Probably because there is no way to prove the farang has been vaccinated. They are working on somesort of vaccine passport. I've got a email receipt - you can see how that will be a problem.

if the Jabs were a legit vaccine, then there wouldn't be any brick wall put up to stop the WHO Yellow Innocs Book from being used for it... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, treetops said:

Do you have a link to where they've stated that?  Latest information I recall reading was that about 70% of AZ vaccinated folk could get infected and 50% of Pfizer vaccinated (the numbers might not be spot on but it gives you the idea).  These infections will be very mild, with perhaps no symptoms at all, due to the vaccine, but while infected they can still spread to others.

Quarantine is therefore needed to minimise that spread.

Much less likely to spread Covid IF your have been fully vaccinated. Your body’s viral load will be much much lower. So although there is a small chance you could still spread it, it’s not very likely. 
     There is also a small chance you and your passenger on motorbikes could get badly injured and killed from a motorbike accident.

All motorbikes should be BANNED !   Any actions that have risks should be outlawed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's a misconception that vaccinated people can't be infected by the virus ever again.

The first dose of vaccination is the mild first attack. The second dose of vaccination is the stronger second attack to strengthen your immune system even more.

That's why it is not sufficient to have just the first dose because your immune system is just not strong enough yet.

I saw some misleading propaganda that such and such vaccine is ineffective because they got the virus  after the first shot.

Vaccination means that your body recognize the virus the third time a real virus attacks your body.

You will still get infected but your immune system is more ready to fight it and probably takes a few days to kill all the Covid virus in your body.

So that means you can still infect others with the virus before all the virus in your body is killed by your immune system.

after the second vaccination the threshold of the viral load will not reached to in order for someone to become infectious

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Probably because there is no way to prove the farang has been vaccinated. They are working on somesort of vaccine passport. I've got a email receipt - you can see how that will be a problem.

i have a yellow book.  its worked for decades as a record of my vaccinations and is internationally recognized

4 minutes ago, Catoni said:

New CDC Study: It’s Rare For Vaccinated People To Spread COVID-19

According to the CDC, the study found an infection rate of 0.04 infections per 1,000 fully vaccinated participants per day. Among participants who had only been partially vaccinated, the rate was 0.19 infections per 1,000 participants per day. In unvaccinated people, the rate jumped to 1.38 infections per 1,000 participants per day. 

The study’s findings suggest that, contrary to early concerns, individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccination are unlikely to contract an asymptomatic COVID-19 infection and thus pass the virus on to non-vaccinated people.

More:  https://www.romper.com/life/pfizer-moderna-vaccines-covid-19-infection-cdc-study

I wouldn't trust too much on these 'research' that were probably paid by Pfizer/Moderna so that people rush to get vaccinated. 

Common sense on how the virus and vaccine work is more important.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suspect the government is not worried about you getting it after being vaccinated. They are worried about you carrying it and giving it to others who have not been vaccinated, like your kids, who give it to their friends and their friends' families and... Well, you see how it goes. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

The CDC in the United States has stated that those who have been fully vaccinated the chances of spreading Covid are about nil. Can anyone please explain why foreign expats who have been denied easy entry for over a year. Will likely still be required to spend thousands of dollars for quarantine?

Have you seen the plain paper card that the CDC came up with as your evidence of being vaccinated?  Anyone with a computer and printer could fake it in 5 minutes.

I blame the CDC for not coming up with something a little difficult to fake.  With the yellow fever vaccine I at least got an official sticker from the vaccine vial as proof.